688 2 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theinfinate79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405344 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why o why can't we have h.265 on our mavic air?  I do believe that the h.264 codec does something with intraframe compression giving us a really annoying flicker frame every 8 frames.  I looked it up and apparently using neat video gets rid of it (i am testing now but it takes around 10 minutes to render about 10 seconds of footage so that sucks.  Is there another way of solving this flicker problem, it make it quite hard to watch the footage sometimes.
2018-12-28
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You have an anti-flicker option in the camera settings. Choose between 50Hz and 60Hz depending on your region.
2018-12-29
Use props
theinfinate79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405344 ft
  • >>>
Australia

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-29 01:10
You have an anti-flicker option in the camera settings. Choose between 50Hz and 60Hz depending on your region.

That only works if there are powered lights involved. I'm talking about the flicker that appears in a lot of the footage in natural light.  Since posting this i have done a couple of tests and it looks like it may be related to a fast shutter speed not adhering to the 180 degree rule.  Neat video kind of fixes the issue but that is such a slow workflow.  I find it quite hard to stick to the 180 degree rule even with nd filters as it depends on what direction i'm facing and where abouts i am in the landscape.
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules