Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OnePlus 6T and DJI GO4 (Mavic Air)
3338 7 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NordicMavicAIR
lvl.1

Norway

Hi,

I am considering buying the OnePlus 6t but I am afraid that this phone will not work well (or at all) with the DJI GO4 app. Does anyone have experience with use of this phone and the DJI app? I have the Mavic Air.

2018-12-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hope this help https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/oneplus-6t-compatibility/1721
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for checking this situation before buying this new phone. As of the time being, the phone that you want to purchase is not yet compatible with our application. Only the OnePlus 6 is the recommended device that has been tested with our team. The phone might work properly while using the DJI GO 4 app due to the capability of the phone, however, we can't ensure if the behavior of the app will still remain if there will be changes or updates with our application. Due to the lots of devices that keep releasing in the market, I'm afraid that we couldn't test them all. No worries, rest assured that we will provide more option when in terms of phone compatibility. Please refer to the image below for phone compatibility. Thank you for understanding.

2018-12-29
Use props
Peesh
lvl.1

United States

1) When can we expect to see the Oneplus 6t as a compatible device?

I just bought the Mavic Air (without considering the possibility that my phone would be incompatible), and my Oneplus 6t can't connect to the controller. I've spoken with customer service multiple times to see if new perspectives could help out, but no go. We tried different cables, different ports on the controller, restarting each device, nothing.

One thing I noticed, however, was that I was able to connect to the drone itself via wifi. I didn't continue down that path as I was too frustrated at the time, but If i can connect to the drone, through the go4 app via wifi, 2) then what's the issue with the controller?

The phone is fantastic, specs right up there with other flagships. 3) How come this phone hasn't been included while older models, like the Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 5t, are compatible?
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_q7LD9IC3NAfT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324521 ft
United States

OnePlus 6t is compatible, I purchased this phone when it was released then the mavic air when it was released. Never had an issue with the app or compatibility issues
2020-6-7
Use props
Peesh
lvl.1

United States

I'm jealous of you mate.

Customer service told me it doesn't work with the Go4 app. Showed me it doesn't work.

Are you sure you have a 6t? The 6 and 5t are listed as compatible devices but not the 6t.

this is a screenshot from the website

My issue is I can't get past the link my device step. The button at the bottom is grayed out and non responsive. Can't seem to find a solution anywhere, so I'm here hoping we can get an update to include newer phones.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_q7LD9IC3NAfT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324521 ft
United States

Peesh Posted at 6-8 16:10
I'm jealous of you mate.

Customer service told me it doesn't work with the Go4 app. Showed me it doesn't work.

100% sure OnePlus 6t is what I have. Trust me zero issues. The APp installs fine and runs with no issues
Screenshot_2020-06-09-23-17-19-112_com.tmobile.pr.mytmobile.jpg
2020-6-9
Use props
Peesh
lvl.1

United States

Solved!

I finally got it to work with my Oneplus 6t!

I'm embarrassed to say that all I needed to do was update the controller's and the mavic air's firmware in the DJI Assistant app on my desktop.

Plugged in the controller to the laptop, ran the program, updated the firmware. Then did the same with the aircraft. After that, my Oneplus 6t worked like a charm.

No one told me to update the firmware. Customer service said ove ran dover again that they couldn't condone the usage of the Oneplus 6t because they had not tested it, despite the fact the the DJI Go4 app says it's a compatible device. All they had to do was suggest to update the firmware, and you I wouldn't have even come here.

Thanks djiuser_q7LD9IC3NAfT for showing me that it was at least possible. That hope helped me stay positive.

Cheers
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules