Issue: DJI Pocket charges Android phones when connected
8414 15 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

Has there been any word on how to fix the rapid battery drain when the Pocket is connected to an Android phone? I'm using a pixel 2 XL and my Pocket is charging my Pixel and the battery is just dropping very fast on my Pocket when connected.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi rnazitto, apologies for the issues you had recently with the Osmo Pocket. Yes. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module be used. Kindly reach us again if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-29
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-29 13:37
Hi rnazitto, apologies for the issues you had recently with the Osmo Pocket. Yes. When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module  be used. Kindly reach us again if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support.

It's more than slightly reduced. I lose nearly 3% almost every minute of use. How you let Android users have a worse experience than iPhone users that don't have this problem? Are you going to offer compensation so Android users can buy the Wireless base to avoid this issues? It doesn't seem fair to make us use a solution that costs money for a feature that disproportionally effects some of your users.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rnazitto Posted at 12-29 13:59
It's more than slightly reduced. I lose nearly 3% almost every minute of use. How you let Android users have a worse experience than iPhone users that don't have this problem? Are you going to offer compensation so Android users can buy the Wireless base to avoid this issues? It doesn't seem fair to make us use a solution that costs money for a feature that disproportionally effects some of your users.

Hi rnazitto, We are sorry for the bad experience you had with our product. However, as much as we would like to help you, we are not in a position to provide compensation with regards, with this issue. We hope you understand. Thank you.
2018-12-29
Use props
havrosh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

DJI's products charge connected Android device :-(

You can install Battery Charge Limit app (https://play.google.com/store/ap ... argelimit&hl=en)
But you need rooted device...

OR

Get the iPhone :-)
2018-12-29
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

havrosh Posted at 12-29 15:58
DJI's products charge connected Android device :-(

You can install Battery Charge Limit app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slash.batterychargelimit&hl=en)

I don't have a rooted device and moved away from the iphone. It's pretty terrible that there's no work around on DJI's end for this difference in user experience.
2018-12-29
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

On my LG G5 this is very simple.Once you plug your android into the Pocket you will get a usp connections prompt on your phone.It will default to charging.Just swipe and choose file transfer and your phone won't use anymore of your Pocket's battery.
2018-12-31
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

My Sony phone asks always about the connection what to do with it. But Mimo app launches automatically selection disappears and Mimo opens. Also if I go to settings to change USB to file transfer mode, Osmo Pocket disconnects and brings back to charge mode after when seconds. So same here it charges the phone.
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Kz0kMjAVBHpQ
lvl.1
Spain

Same here with Huawei P20 PRO.
I believe the issue might be with MIMO app, since it only allows the default mode of USB and reconnects instantly if the mode has been changed.
The P20 PRO has the reverse charging mode, so one can charge the Osmo pocket, and yet ... MIMO app doesn't allow this mode as well.
Solve the problem, DJI.
2019-1-31
Use props
KostasVls
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3137395 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Kz0kMjAVBHpQ Posted at 1-31 18:04
Same here with Huawei P20 PRO.
I believe the issue might be with MIMO app, since it only allows the default mode of USB and reconnects instantly if the mode has been changed.
The P20 PRO has the reverse charging mode, so one can charge the Osmo pocket, and yet ... MIMO app doesn't allow this mode as well.

+1! At least allow reverse charging to work please!
2019-2-20
Use props
djiuser_zNfHnsFju2IQ
New

Thailand

Dji please fix this. it drain battery really fast. i just plug in couple of mins to view videos or transfer files, i lose like 5-10% already. it is not really practical to use like this.
2019-4-15
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Yep , There should be a way to stop this .
2019-4-15
Use props
thaitony
New

Thailand

Hi Everyone im also having a big problem with this issue i have a oneplus 6t which i use with my pocket and do not understand why DJI can not look at doing something about this problem rather than telling people to buy more of their products such as the wireless module all this does is put people off buying future products from the company if they are unwilling to look at issues that directly affect their customers after they have already spent money on a product
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You do realise this is nothing to do with DJI don’t you?, this is a rule specified by google and accessories attached to any android phone.
2019-6-21
Use props
Kozjegyzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Hungary

This could help, it worked for me, while not perfect, but it gets the job done
2020-1-14
Use props
hcunha
New

Portugal

One workaround could be a powerbank connected to the bottom USB-C connector of the Osmo Pocket. It will charge both devices.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules