Osmo Pocket 2 Suggestions
839 7 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

I like the Pocket, but as a first gen product, there’s a few things I’d want added/fixed for a Pocket 2.
1) get the F-stop to 1.8. It’ll add more dept to shots, as well as improve low light. 2.0 is better then 2.8, but 1.8 f-stop would get the camera on the same level as an iPhone 7.

2) add a light to the camera, so you can light whatever the camera is aiming at, including the face of whoever is filming. Make the light adjustable, so it can be low enough not to blind us, but bright enough to light a pitch black area.

3) Add a second lens camera. So we can switch from wide to close up like an iPhone 10. This might not be possible, but if it is, I’m throwing it out there. Sometimes your filming, but can’t get closer. So a switching to a zoomed lens would be great, especially when stabilized.

4) Add more buttons so we can control more settings without the phone.

5) wider angel lens. Though I guess we could always add a fisheye adapter to the current camera.

This is all I can think of at the moment. If anyone else has any ideas, please post.

2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi C.Films, we appreciate these suggestions with the Osmo Pocket. I will be forwarding the above-mentioned topics to our R&D's to check and see if these are possible with setting proper expectations that there's no guarantee this will be added. Again we thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. Should there be any updates, this will be cascaded in our official DJI website. Feel free to reach us again if you have other concerns. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2018-12-29
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-29 13:21
Hi C.Films, we appreciate these suggestions with the Osmo Pocket. I will be forwarding the above-mentioned topics to our R&D's to check and see if these are possible with setting proper expectations that there's no guarantee this will be added. Again we thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. Should there be any updates, this will be cascaded in our official DJI website. Feel free to reach us again if you have other concerns. Thank you for choosing DJI.

The current  version of the OP has so much potential and whilst highlighting potential developments for a future release is valueable for R&D purposes I for one would settle for  a stable version 1 product and resolution of, if not least a definitive statement on, the current reported issues. You have a lot of loyal customers out there DJI sp please be open and  help us so we can in turn help you   
2018-12-29
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

Sounds like a DSLR might work for you.
2018-12-29
Use props
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

k9kids Posted at 12-29 13:56
Sounds like a DSLR might work for you.

DSLR you can’t fit in your pocket. And even Mirrorless cameras you gotta bring a big lense to get something decent in low light.

That’s why the Osmos Pocket interests me the same way iPhone movie making interest me. The perfect Documentary/Cinema Camera in your pocket. The original Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera I thought would be the answer, but it required too much extra accessories to make it happen. And the new one is no different, and that’s way bigger.

That’s why I always throw in my two cents for newer cameras, till the day the day we get that perfect pocket Cine/doc camera. The current Pocket is already pretty close to being a good documentary camera. Just needs a little more features.
2018-12-29
Use props
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

LionelB Posted at 12-29 13:54
The current  version of the OP has so much potential and whilst highlighting potential developments for a future release is valueable for R&D purposes I for one would settle for  a stable version 1 product and resolution of, if not least a definitive statement on, the current reported issues. You have a lot of loyal customers out there DJI sp please be open and  help us so we can in turn help you

I agree the current Pocket has potential that software can fix. This thread is more meant for hardware improvements that can’t be fixed with accessories or software, that they could add to a Pocket 2 or Pocket Pro model. Not saying they should stop trying to improve the current.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LionelB Posted at 12-29 13:54
The current  version of the OP has so much potential and whilst highlighting potential developments for a future release is valueable for R&D purposes I for one would settle for  a stable version 1 product and resolution of, if not least a definitive statement on, the current reported issues. You have a lot of loyal customers out there DJI sp please be open and  help us so we can in turn help you

Hi LionelB, thank you and we very much welcome your feedback. Rest assured that we continue to aim customer's satisfaction and we never stop providing resolutions to whatever reported issues we came across. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-12-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the suggestion!
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules