Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Filmed entirely with the Osmos Pocket.

2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi alaska42, thank you for sharing this cool video. Happy filming!
2018-12-29
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

Love it! Nothing better than a pup having fun.
2018-12-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video! Great job!
2018-12-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks for sharing again!
2018-12-30
Use props
airboss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cute dog!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait for mine to get here.
2018-12-31
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Awesome footage and what an awesome subject to film. Was this shot mostly in slow motion?
2019-1-1
Use props
UnhappyDan
lvl.2
United States

Great footage!  Nice
2019-1-1
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

Nice video.  My Black Lab barked at him the entire time.
2019-1-1
Use props
alaska42
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 1-1 11:07
Awesome footage and what an awesome subject to film. Was this shot mostly in slow motion?

Yes, all but one filmed with 120fps. Not liking how much it crops in for slow motion.
2019-1-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

alaska42 Posted at 1-2 07:37
Yes, all but one filmed with 120fps. Not liking how much it crops in for slow motion.

I think they have to crop the slow-mo footage to reduce shake that can be more detectable between frames when recording higher speed video which is then played back at a much slower speed. Gimbal movement alone would be tuned for normal footage. I'm not totally convinced that there isn't some additional electronic image stabilisation going on as well which would explain the crop more.
2019-1-2
Use props
alaska42
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-2 09:22
I think they have to crop the slow-mo footage to reduce shake that can be more detectable between frames when recording higher speed video which is then played back at a much slower speed. Gimbal movement alone would be tuned for normal footage. I'm not totally convinced that there isn't some additional electronic image stabilisation going on as well which would explain the crop more.

If they do any electronic stabilization, they are doing a good job. I have not seen any artifacts normally associated with it.
I am very happy with the Pocket. Sure makes it easy to get footage while skiing.
2019-1-2
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

Nice video!!!
thanks for sharing!!!
2019-1-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

alaska42 Posted at 1-2 11:48
If they do any electronic stabilization, they are doing a good job. I have not seen any artifacts normally associated with it.
I am very happy with the Pocket. Sure makes it easy to get footage while skiing.

To be precise on my part. I was only referring to slow-mo footage, not normal frame rates. Some DSLRs that record video do the same thing when using electronic stabilisation. The crop allows for the image to be continuously cropped as it moves across the sensor to keep it centralised and reduce movement. At 1080p there should be enough spare photosites so as to not have to show any appreciable visual degradation in the image because of the crop.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-2 15:54
To be precise on my part. I was only referring to slow-mo footage, not normal frame rates. Some DSLRs that record video do the same thing when using electronic stabilisation. The crop allows for the image to be continuously cropped as it moves across the sensor to keep it centralised and reduce movement. At 1080p there should be enough spare photosites so as to not have to show any appreciable visual degradation in the image because of the crop.

Hi, love the video, as for stabilisation it’s has nothing to do with cropping, it’s cropping because  of the sensor readout, it s not fast enough to use the full sensor so uses a smaller area to aid readout speed.
2019-1-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-2 16:14
Hi, love the video, as for stabilisation it’s has nothing to do with cropping, it’s cropping because  of the sensor readout, it s not fast enough to use the full sensor so uses a smaller area to aid readout speed.

Thanks. Makes sense. But readout speed or transfer speed to the card? If it's truncating 4k down to 1080p   all the time when in 1080p I expect that explains the crispness of the 1080p video which is better than I anticipated for a small sensor.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-2 16:39
Thanks. Makes sense. But readout speed or transfer speed to the card? If it's truncating 4k down to 1080p   all the time when in 1080p I expect that explains the crispness of the 1080p video which is better than I anticipated for a small sensor.

No sensor line reading, as for the file splitting that’s another archaic file system phenomenon that goes back to the fat or fat32 file system where a single file cannot be greater than 4gb, exfat was created to impart get around this very issue (amongst other) but camera manufacturers fail to recode the software to accommodate.
2019-1-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-3
Use props
hanamimanah
lvl.1

Singapore

Great video that really captures your dog's happiness!
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

That pup wearing so cute shoes!!
2019-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Love the footage of that mad dog, made me smile, thanks for sharing I enjoyed it.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules