What is trespassing?
995 7 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoverfreak
lvl.2
United States

Requesting your opinion.  If you see a place that has "No Trespassing" signs on it, and you send your drone over it, are you in fact trespassing?

These three videos are in California.  All have "No Trespassing" signs clearly posted.

2018-12-29
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-29
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

It depends on where you live. Some places its 80 feet, some it's above the tree line and others it's at least as much of the space above the ground as they can occupy or use in connection with the land.

The biggest concern and worry would more be, are you violating a persons right to privacy.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend flying your drone in open areas where there are no interferences to avoid the incident and abiding by our local policies while flying the drone will provide us a peace flight. Thank you for the support and have a safe flight.
2018-12-29
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

HedsIc Posted at 12-29 16:32
It depends on where you live. Some places its 80 feet, some it's above the tree line and others it's at least as much of the space above the ground as they can occupy or use in connection with the land.

The biggest concern and worry would more be, are you violating a persons right to privacy.

Tree tops is always what i understood it to be in the USA. In some cases you need to look out for ham radio towers/antennas and some of them are plenty tall.
2018-12-29
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-29 16:48
From Wikipedia,

United States

This article only addresses 'navigable airspace' and also misrepresents Causby v US (1946) somewhat. What the SCOTUS actually ruled was that the air had become a “public highway,” but a landowner still had dominion over “at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land.” Hedsic had it correct, depending on where, it can be as little as 80 feet.
2018-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This depends on the country you live in and the rules they have.
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules