Flight Simulator
4519 11 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans82cd30b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192484 ft
Canada

After starting my DJI flight simulator today I received a notice to upgrade. After the upgrade competed I received another notice to upgrade, I completed the second upgrade as well. No DJI Simulator does not start. For some reason WIndows is deleting the "DJI_FS.exe" file. I was able to catch an error message that the file contains a virus. I unintslled and reinstalled three times with the same outcomes every time.
Anyone knows what is going on??
Pierre

2018-12-29
Use props
fans82cd30b1
lvl.2
Canada

This is the error message I am getting

2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Pierre, just to verify, do you download the DJI Flight Simulator from DJI official website? And what's the OS of your PC? You may clean the previous caches and disable the virus software to see whether it works.
2018-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have similar using McAfee virus killer where it quarantines the file. I'm running all latest builds on Windows 10 Pro for both OS & McAfee. Using the DJI Sim downloads from DJI server.
If I manually remove it from quarantine and instruct McAfee to ignore it then the flight Sim' works well for me. I think the heuristic detection sees it behaving in a viral manner, or a PUP and therefore assumes it is. When queried at McAfee the virus type it thinks it may have found generates no known reports or history. It is most likely safe enough.
2018-12-31
Use props
Pierre BM
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-30 20:33
Hi Pierre, just to verify, do you download the DJI Flight Simulator from DJI official website? And what's the OS of your PC? You may clean the previous caches and disable the virus software to see whether it works.

Yes I downloaded from DJI.
2018-12-31
Use props
Pierre BM
lvl.2
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 12-31 01:35
I have similar using McAfee virus killer where it quarantines the file. I'm running all latest builds on Windows 10 Pro for both OS & McAfee. Using the DJI Sim downloads from DJI server.
If I manually remove it from quarantine and instruct McAfee to ignore it then the flight Sim' works well for me. I think the heuristic detection sees it behaving in a viral manner, or a PUP and therefore assumes it is. When queried at McAfee the virus type it thinks it may have found generates no known reports or history. It is most likely safe enough.

I am using Windows Deffender. I am not sure where the quarantine is in Deffender.
2018-12-31
Use props
Pierre BM
lvl.2
Canada

Good morning.
I attempted to reinstall the program this morning, using the same file I downloaded from DJI, the same one I used for the last five attempts, and it installed without any error or problems.
I have no idea what changed. I did not make any changes in Windows Deffender or any other place.
Pierre
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pierre BM Posted at 2018-12-31 10:12
Good morning.
I attempted to reinstall the program this morning, using the same file I downloaded from DJI, the same one I used for the last five attempts, and it installed without any error or problems.
I have no idea what changed. I did not make any changes in Windows Deffender or any other place.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, I'm glad to hear it works now. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2019-1-2
Use props
tklassy
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, but I have attempted to install this software 4 different times on 2 different computers and my Virus protection software (McAfee Live Safe) quarantines this file EVERY SINGLE TIME and I am unable to restore the file and use the software. There's nothing I can do. The latest version of software was last updated on 10/31/2018 and DJI has been aware of this problem at least since then and has done nothing to remedy the problem. I am NOT happy.
2019-1-2
Use props
fansb553ac88
lvl.1
New Zealand

Same problem for me, a few months down the track though. Tried twice to install the simulator software back in January with Windows 10 Defender quarantining the download then. After being overseas throughout February I decided to have another attempt after reading some "good" comments posted of a forum which made me think that maybe the problem had been resolved. Same problem all over again though. Windows 10 Defender identified this virus,  "Win31/Zpevdo.b", as a severe Trojan.
A false positive? Not being prepared to take the chance, my PC has now been scrubbed clean.
DJI, please put a much higher value on the customers that support you. Make sure this type of software is very, very clean and comes with a "gold" certificate of authenticity so the Windows and other brands of AV have no reason to initiate a quarantine.
2019-3-27
Use props
DTFoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203671 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here too, reporting a virus, I am using McAfee Antirvirus on my system.
2019-4-26
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.2

United States

Just a FYI. You dont need McAfee or Norton if you are on Windows. Windows has its own build in Anti Virus that works very well. Also has its own firewall. Been using Windows for ever and never had a issue with them. The times I did try out Norton or McAfee due to it coming with the new PC or Laptop... its only given e problems.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules