24986 22 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cfede
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12379 ft
Argentina

Hi,

I've just bought the Spark Controller combo and I wan't to connect the RC with my android device using OTG Cable, canyou provide me with a tutorial link or the necessary steps?

Thx
2018-12-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Plug it in and check if the RC charges your phone.
If the phone is charging the RC, turn the cable.
In case you are on a Go4 after 4.2.21 and latest fw for bird and RC, everything else should work alone.
You just have to grant data access for the USB connection
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, congratulation to your new Spark. First, you need to link your remote controller to the aircraft. Once successful, kindly connect the OTG cable on the button port on the remote controller to your Android device and launch DJI Go 4 App. Please make sure you will use a compatible device for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-12-30
Use props
cfede
lvl.2
Argentina

Thanks for the replies. I connect the cable and I've enabled the usb debuging and MTP USB connection but I get the phone charging. doesnt working by now :/
Update: apparently its my phone. It works with another android device

I've a LG G6
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_DM7YZmMkRAd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
Poland

turn on AC - turn on RC - wait for green light in RC - plug in the cable to RC - plug in the cable to the phone (the phone should be in airplane mode) - Go4 starts itself. Hope it will help. Safe flyings
2018-12-31
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Go on youtube and search for DJI spark OTG there are a few very good video on the subject.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

cfede Posted at 2018-12-30 11:39
Thanks for the replies. I connect the cable and I've enabled the usb debuging and MTP USB connection but I get the phone charging. doesnt working by now :/
Update: apparently its my phone. It works with another android device

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that. Yes, it is possible that the main issue is the phone itself. Some mobile devices can still work fine with DJI Go 4 app however, we cannot ensure if we can use all the features and functionality of the app. You may refer on our recommended devices below. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-3
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_DM7YZmMkRAd4 Posted at 2018-12-31 10:37
turn on AC - turn on RC - wait for green light in RC - plug in the cable to RC - plug in the cable to the phone (the phone should be in airplane mode) - Go4 starts itself. Hope it will help. Safe flyings

Everyone who has been in RC for a long time is trained to power up the aircraft last so it will not get any kind of strange interference and cause the aircraft to startup on its own.
2019-1-4
Use props
tony9577442
New

Canada

hi! i have the huawei mediapad t3 10 and dont work over otg cable and yes the tablet is otg compatible !i have an huawei p20 pro and work perfectly on thi device! do you have an idea ? thanks
2019-1-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-4 03:11
Everyone who has been in RC for a long time is trained to power up the aircraft last so it will not get any kind of strange interference and cause the aircraft to startup on its own.

In my case, the order is:
- AC
- RC with OTG connected,
- Android Tablet with other end of OTG cable  (usually the DJI GO $ app starts on its own when the RC connects with the spark)
2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_j2wQa9oZTJn8
lvl.1

Australia

J

Sorry for ambushing this thread, but it seems like the most relevant place to ask - Is there still no offical DJI OTG cable? I'm struggling to find one here in Australia that I know will work with my Samsung S8 (USB-C)
2019-1-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Order something here:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Type-c-to ... ro-spark/2278054594
Best to order 2 from different sellers.
I ordered a couple, never had a bad one!
2019-1-6
Use props
REPO
lvl.1
Canada

My combo came with two different cables in the box with the controller.
2019-1-6
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

REPO Posted at 1-6 06:50
My combo came with two different cables in the box with the controller.

But neither of those is an OTG cable.
2019-1-6
Use props
REPO
lvl.1
Canada

Tentoes Posted at 1-6 07:15

No? What are these (2) 6” long little cables for then?
2019-1-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Tentoes Posted at 1-6 07:15

You are wrong. They are OTG Cables.
2019-1-6
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-6 09:44
You are wrong. They are OTG Cables.

Those are OTG in the phone end, not the RC end.
OTG is directional.
2019-1-6
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Haggi Posted at 1-6 09:49
Those are OTG in the phone end, not the RC end.
OTG is directional.

Sorry, answered a little quickly here.
I did not read whole thread.

Maybe you are right!
2019-1-6
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

ssylca44 Posted at 1-5 09:18
In my case, the order is:
- AC
- RC with OTG connected,

2019-1-6
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-4 03:11
Everyone who has been in RC for a long time is trained to power up the aircraft last so it will not get any kind of strange interference and cause the aircraft to startup on its own.

Interesting I have tried every way and am now convinced that the process djiuser_DM7YZ... posted is the most reliable.  I have never had a problem powering up the Spark first.
Maybe I have just been lucky!
2019-1-7
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I've never noticed that order made much difference. I usually do Phone first to get it booted up, then Spark, then Remote, then launch GO when the remote turns the LED green.

I'll amend my ways.
2019-1-7
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

I just got my Spark today, I was really upset and thought my OTG cable was bad couldnt get my Tablet (Nextbook 8) to connect or my Moto G6 (Straight talk) i flew with wifi only but lost signal a few times. I thought im going to try with my cell again so I went out i cut on the Remote, then the Spark ( i have flown Radio control for 29 years this is how we all in RC do it) then I plugged my phone in... the DJI go alp pop up and asked if i wanted to connect. YAY... it finally worked and WOW i had so much better 5.8 signal with that.

Now i need to try with my Tablet again, I already know it told me my tablet won't do 5.8ghz however. so I will be stuck in 2.4. I have a Samsung tab 7 on the way. not sure if it will do the 5.8 or not Hope so.

So far i am having a ball with it just wish the charger i had ordered would had worked, charging with the USB charger to the wall stinks hour charges
2019-1-7
Use props
cfede
lvl.2
Argentina

I've been doing some tests with my phone connecting it to the RC with wifi. Apparently with a dual band phone, the connection between drone and RC (in AUTO band mode) would be for instance in 5.8Ghz and between RC and phone in 2.4Ghz or viceversa. I haven't seen that both uses 2.4 or 5.8. So, shouldn't be an issue related to interference.
Of course that with cable should be faster but i believe with this smart wifi band selection we shouldn't have an interference problem whenever we need to use it with wifi instead of OTG.
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules