Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Storage case
123Next >
2571 82 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hail Damage 6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 429055 ft
United States

Hello. I have been using a bestam aerial case for my phantom 4 pro. After fitting her with the low noise props the upper insert doesn't fit. I tried to modify it without success and have removed the upper insert. I am considering purchasing a new case.
Does someone have any suggestions for a props on storage case?
Thank you.
2018-12-30
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I use the NANUK 945 case for traveling and storage, it holds 4 batteries and drone with props on.
2018-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

My Plasticase Nanuk 945 case is fitted for my Phantom 3 Pro’, props on.
It maximized holds seven batteries in total, with one pack in the drone hold.

Rock solid, water and dust proof.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-30
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

heaps of info on this forum (see: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160131-1-1.html0. )
Because forum index isn't great do a google  search:-       "storage case" site:forum.dji.com
2018-12-30
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Gees,  after 14 months I am still using the styrene-look original Phantom case..
Only room for 2 spare batteries,  but I only have two in total.  Seems to be good for me.  But I guess I am not worried about water & dustproof or carrying the beast with props on.
mmmmm,  may have to look into the Nanuk.  
Yeah right,  just had a quick look --- over $300 AUD !   Maybe the original will last a wee bit longer.

I must admit the Nanuk looks very nice & no doubt offers better protection.   Would you trust it enough to put it in "Checked Baggage" ?
2018-12-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Used storage cases are dirt cheap on eBay.  
2018-12-31
Use props
Hail Damage 6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 429055 ft
United States

The Nanuk does look good, I will probably go that route.  Thanks for the information. Too bad Bestam aerial doesn't offer an updated upper insert for their case.
2019-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 2018-12-31 00:20
Gees,  after 14 months I am still using the styrene-look original Phantom case..
Only room for 2 spare batteries,  but I only have two in total.  Seems to be good for me.  But I guess I am not worried about water & dustproof or carrying the beast with props on.
mmmmm,  may have to look into the Nanuk.  

Water and dust proof cases aren’t required my most consciences pilots to safely carry. True, yes.
But my drone is on the passenger seat of a Can Am SpYder RS-S. Very open to any of the elements Mother Nature can throw down upon my being. Flying down the freeways of life...

It’s built for stowing in checked luggage. Even has a pressure valve, to allow for air pressure change at elevation. Nanuk also make a special customs padlock too.
The customs personal have their own pass key for opening, and it has a marker, to show if the lock was opened.
https://www.hardcases.ca/products/nanuk-tsa-padlock?variant=102321672
9E4A881F-5C8E-4616-9824-D8E2CCF7121D.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2019-1-1
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

I have to admit,  that case is in  different league !
I'll look to see if they are available in Oz .........   I may be pleasantly surprised ??
Cheers
2019-1-1
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Spyder eh ?  I bet that's a lot of fun in the snow/ice......  have to turn off the stability control though !
I well remember playing in the snow on a motorbike 'n sidecar - a 500 AJS single.  Oh the memnories
2019-1-1
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

I have the Nanuk 950 for the Phantom 4 pro...pretty sure I can store it with props on (though I never do). I have to agree with the other posters here...it is a great case. I also like and have bought the replacement clamps (TSA locks) the ones that use keys. It is a great case. Hard to go wrong with a Nanuk. Additionally, it works as a nice launch pad if you are at a location with a lot of reinforced concrete that are throwing your compass calibration off. I have used it for that purpose several times.

Nanuk 950 (this case has wheels)

TSA Latch replacement
2019-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-1 16:58
Spyder eh ?  I bet that's a lot of fun in the snow/ice......  have to turn off the stability control though !
I well remember playing in the snow on a motorbike 'n sidecar - a 500 AJS single.  Oh the memnories

That’s SpYder to you! Hahaha
Yes, I rYde all year, winter too, hard core, tough, thick skin, a little bit crazy.
There is no turning off Stability Control, & would be a dumb move anyway, that feature could save your soul. Besides I only roll when the roads are only wet, like now, we had +8*C here today. A record for warm temps., in January.

So your memories are fully intact. Glad to hear that, mine is slowly failing.

I already forgot what were we talking about, what was the question??  haha

It’s a snow mobile on wheels... made by Bombardier. In Quebec Canada.

For imaginative creativity, see http://charlesbombardier.com or http://imaginactive.org/2018/12/electroship/

RedHotPoker
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 1-2 02:58
I have the Nanuk 950 for the Phantom 4 pro...pretty sure I can store it with props on (though I never do). I have to agree with the other posters here...it is a great case. I also like and have bought the replacement clamps (TSA locks) the ones that use keys. It is a great case. Hard to go wrong with a Nanuk. Additionally, it works as a nice launch pad if you are at a location with a lot of reinforced concrete that are throwing your compass calibration off. I have used it for that purpose several times.

Nanuk 950 (this case has wheels)

That humongous wheeled cart, drone case is too big.

I would have bought it, if I could tow it behind my SpYder. Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-1 15:38
I have to admit,  that case is in  different league !
I'll look to see if they are available in Oz .........   I may be pleasantly surprised ??
Cheers

The Plasticase Nanuk brand is quite popular, and so I would be surprised if they weren’t available down under.

Or you may have it shipped, to you. Ah but no telling what that might cost you, extra.

Bingo...https://www.luggagegear.com.au/nanuk/3177-nanuk-model-945.html

You can thank me later... grin

RedHotPoker

2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 00:04
That’s SpYder to you! Hahaha
Yes, I rYde all year, winter too, hard core, tough, thick skin, a little bit crazy.
There is no turning off Stability Control, & would be a dumb move anyway, that feature could save your soul. Besides I only roll when the roads are only wet, like now, we had +8*C here today. A record for warm temps., in January.

Yeah we have a few Spyders,  and even a couple of SpYders around here.  I have two friends that punt them about the country.   I rode one for a bit of a test ride years ago & quite liked it,  but would not have swapped my Goldwing for 3 wheels ...  NAH.
I can hear you saying ........  yeah,  try riding a GW on snow & ice - and I agree,  at 430kgs if it started going out from underneath,  there would be no stopping it !
As for stability control ?  Get rid of it and have more fun !!
2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 00:11
The Plasticase Nanuk brand is quite popular, and so I would be surprised if they weren’t available down under.

Or you may have it shipped, to you. Ah but no telling what that might cost you, extra.

The amount of gear that I see on Amazon that states "Does not ship to Australia" .......  We now have Amazon in Oz,  but they don't seem to carry the "peripherals"  Just the basics.
But I will keep looking.

2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 01:25
The amount of gear that I see on Amazon that states "Does not ship to Australia" .......  We now have Amazon in Oz,  but they don't seem to carry the "peripherals"  Just the basics.
But I will keep looking.

I posted the link for Nanuk in Aus. above, did you miss it? ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 01:23
Yeah we have a few Spyders,  and even a couple of SpYders around here.  I have two friends that punt them about the country.   I rode one for a bit of a test ride years ago & quite liked it,  but would not have swapped my Goldwing for 3 wheels ...  NAH.
I can hear you saying ........  yeah,  try riding a GW on snow & ice - and I agree,  at 430kgs if it started going out from underneath,  there would be no stopping it !
As for stability control ?  Get rid of it and have more fun !!

My SpYder RS-S, is a sport model, not a big heavy highway cruiser.

Even so, it weighs 700lbs.

A real “hog” when you have to muscle it around on foot, on ice, with right hand on the throttle.

Like earlier tonight. :-) Our side streets are often horrible. Never get ploughed. Only sanded.

I know there are plenty of SpYders there, I belong to an Australian SpYder forum.

RedHotPoker

2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 02:21
I posted the link for Nanuk in Aus. above, did you miss it? ;-)

It says - "Unfortunately, the product you have selected is no longer available."
2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 02:25
My SpYder RS-S, is a sport model, not a big heavy highway cruiser.

Even so, it weighs 700lbs.

I quite like them....
2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 03:28
It says - "Unfortunately, the product you have selected is no longer available."

But then I see this .........
https://www.digidirect.com.au/ca ... EAQYASABEgJhEfD_BwE
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 03:28

I’m sorry, it was getting late and I had a long day...

Yes but, there are others, as you’ve so aptly demonstrated. Best wishes.

RedHotPoker

2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 03:29
I quite like them....

Yes, we have a ball, especially when a group of us meet up, usually on Wednesday’s, in the summer. Just to hang out together. There are a group of 15-20 rYders.

RedHotPoker

2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 08:46
Yes, we have a ball, especially when a group of us meet up, usually on Wednesday’s, in the summer. Just to hang out together. There are a group of 15-20 rYders.

Sounds like a lot of fun.  Are you all 3 wheel riders ?
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 15:57
Sounds like a lot of fun.  Are you all 3 wheel riders ?

No not at all, there are several other bikes, that join in...

Just friendly comrade with the joy of wind in the face.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-3
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft

Beste case for drones :-) https://mc-cases.com/
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Is that the brand you use?

RedHotPoker
2019-1-3
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Vayreda Posted at 1-3 17:21

Damn, these look good.
2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 16:42
No not at all, there are several other bikes, that join in...

Just friendly comrade with the joy of wind in the face.

All good fun eh ?  Good on yer.
2019-1-4
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Vayreda Posted at 1-3 17:21

Gee,  they look good,  pity I don't read German ??
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-3 00:06
That humongous wheeled cart, drone case is too big.

I would have bought it, if I could tow it behind my SpYder. Haha

It is perfect...LOL...I agree if your vehicle of choice is a Spyder. My eye was mainly for business travel and protection of the drone and gear...considering how TSA and the airlines treat baggage. I want something that can take a beating. and I can wheel through the airport, office or wherever I am going. I ain't getting any younger.

My wife and I refer to it as the American Tourister Chimpanzee Test - from the commercials from years back.
2019-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-4 03:07
All good fun eh ?  Good on yer.

It’s a small world, with big hearted people. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 1-4 04:02
It is perfect...LOL...I agree if your vehicle of choice is a Spyder. My eye was mainly for business travel and protection of the drone and gear...considering how TSA and the airlines treat baggage. I want something that can take a beating. and I can wheel through the airport, office or wherever I am going. I ain't getting any younger.

My wife and I refer to it as the American Tourister Chimpanzee Test - from the commercials from years back.

Yes, a veritable Nuclear holocaust survival system? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-4 04:50
Yes, a veritable Nuclear holocaust survival system? Haha

I wouldn't go that far...LOL...but they are very sturdy...way more protection than the drone actually needs.
2019-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 1-4 04:52
I wouldn't go that far...LOL...but they are very sturdy...way more protection than the drone actually needs.

I travel extensively on my SpYder RS-S, for me an ultimate protective barrier is mandatory.

True, we don’t need military grade flight kit containment, but it’s nice to know, the drone will survive.
Yes, even if we don’t. Haha

Honestly, my bigger interest was in having enough storage for seven flight packs and all of my kit.
Yeah, including two OEM DJI 100w chargers. And a few extras, like my both of my Lume Cubes with mounts...

RedHotPoker

2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-4 04:57
I travel extensively on my SpYder RS-S, for me an ultimate protective barrier is mandatory.

True, we don’t need military grade flight kit containment, but it’s nice to know, the drone will survive.

LOL...here we go with the Lumecubes again. They seriously need to put you on their payroll.

RedHotPoker
Lumecube - Outside sales, North America
2019-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 1-4 05:09
LOL...here we go with the Lumecubes again. They seriously need to put you on their payroll.

RedHotPoker

Yes, I’m a card carrying member of the drone Illuminati. Hahaha

Oh lord, there I’ve said it. Grin

“He Shone a light... on the community “

RedHotPoker
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-4 05:19
Yes, I’m a card carrying member of the drone Illuminati. Hahaha

Thought I would have a little fun with this. A day in the life of RedHotPoker. Out on a Lumecube sales call or on his way to his next drone mission? You will have to ask him to know for sure...maybe both.

2019-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Eh you... why I ought to ... haha

Funny pic, but I reflect and resemble that statement.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-4 05:48
Eh you... why I ought to ... haha

Sorry...I couldn't help myself. I am also a photoshop junkie.
2019-1-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules