iOS 12.1.2 App says disconnected / still have control
1711 10 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Flew today for first time since iOS 12.1.2 update.. Flew recently prior to update, no problems. Flew today and upon start up DJI Go app has good link and picture, shortly after the Go app says disconnected, but my AC is still able to be controlled by the RC. Powered all off including phone, restarted all and same. All I can think is that the most recent iOS update bricked the DJI Go App? I had looked around to see if others are having trouble, but didn't see anything except that the phone itself. Go app and FW all current.

I *may* install on a second android phone to see, but have never ever had a problem until now. Could be hardware, but seems pretty coincidental.

Thanks in advance!
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Then after that, connect your mobile device to the remote controller and let see if this will work. Thank you.

2018-12-30
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the reply, I can try this, but as mentioned, my RC still was connected to the AC/Drone and was able to fly/control it and land OK. Would that type of error still call for re-linking the RC to AC? Thanks in advance again.
2018-12-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are problems being reported with iOS 12.1.2 which I believe Apple are working on.

Just search web for iOS 12.1.2.

A second release was made, youll need to check build level
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Inspector_Tim Posted at 12-30 16:28
Thank you for the reply, I can try this, but as mentioned, my RC still was connected to the AC/Drone and was able to fly/control it and land OK. Would that type of error still call for re-linking the RC to AC? Thanks in advance again.

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. I would suggest you back up your files and sync your flight records. After that, kindly reinstall the APP. Since you mentioned that you will try another device, may I know if the issue persists? If it is convenient for you, please provide a screenshot of the "disconnected" error.  Thank you for your support.
2018-12-31
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-12-31 19:01
Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. I would suggest you back up your files and sync your flight records. After that, kindly reinstall the APP. Since you mentioned that you will try another device, may I know if the issue persists? If it is convenient for you, please provide a screenshot of the "disconnected" error.  Thank you for your support.

Thank you. I ended up doing both suggestions here. I backedup/synced info and then removed / reinstalled DJI Go app. I also re-synced the AC. I flew for only a short time yesterday (very windy), upon take off, there *was* a momentary change at moment the AC left the ground, app again said "disconnected" but then the connection was restored.

When I fly again, I'll try to capture a screen shot. Can't help but to think there wasn't some glitch between last iOS update and the error I'm seeing.
2019-1-1
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-12-31 01:54
There are problems being reported with iOS 12.1.2 which I believe Apple are working on.

Just search web for iOS 12.1.2.

Yes, I checked and *do* have the older/first update build. I did try to re-update, and that's a no go. I may plug into the PC and see if I can manually update through ITunes.

Thanks for the insight!
2019-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inspector_Tim Posted at 1-1 09:46
Yes, I checked and *do* have the older/first update build. I did try to re-update, and that's a no go. I may plug into the PC and see if I can manually update through ITunes.

Thanks for the insight!

I had the first build here, and it has updated again through iTunes to second build. I have not tried either with DJI Go 4 so cannot say whether I had similar problem.

Your RC will always be able to control aircraft even without a display device fitted, although there will be limits of 30m altitude and 50m radius if the aircraft cannot communicate with a 'logged into DJI account' version of DJI Go 4, and of course no telemetry or FPV.
2019-1-1
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 1-1 15:53
I had the first build here, and it has updated again through iTunes to second build. I have not tried either with DJI Go 4 so cannot say whether I had similar problem.

Your RC will always be able to control aircraft even without a display device fitted, although there will be limits of 30m altitude and 50m radius if the aircraft cannot communicate with a 'logged into DJI account' version of DJI Go 4, and of course no telemetry or FPV.

That's encouraging! I'm definitely going to plug into iTunes then and check, I've been noticing a few other connectivity items are buggy as well since this issue.

Thanks again, I'll hope to report some success back here!
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Inspector_Tim Posted at 1-1 09:45
Thank you. I ended up doing both suggestions here. I backedup/synced info and then removed / reinstalled DJI Go app. I also re-synced the AC. I flew for only a short time yesterday (very windy), upon take off, there *was* a momentary change at moment the AC left the ground, app again said "disconnected" but then the connection was restored.

When I fly again, I'll try to capture a screen shot. Can't help but to think there wasn't some glitch between last iOS update and the error I'm seeing.

I'm sorry to hear that. May I know if you already tried a different device to isolate the issue? I will wait for the screenshot, please keep me posted. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-3
Use props
RobbieM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 08:58
I'm sorry to hear that. May I know if you already tried a different device to isolate the issue? I will wait for the screenshot, please keep me posted. Thanks for choosing DJI!

I have the same problem since updating.  Very frustrating as LOTS of people seem to be having the same issues and DJI are not taking responsibility or giving a fix apart from relink the controller. . . which doesn't seem to fix the issue.  I had absolutely no problems before updating the craft, controller, app.  VERY frustrating.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules