Osmo Pocket stopped recording audio
12813 39 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billium28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55207 ft
United States

Mid week through my vacation the Pocket stopped recording audio. I have about 3 days of videos working fine and then from one day on there is no audio. According to Windows and the few video players I have used there is stereo at 189k bitrate.

Has anyone had this issue? I guess I will be returning this thing. The sad part is the ruined videos!
2018-12-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Have you tried putting the clips into an editor and seeing if there is a waveform in the audio?
2018-12-31
Use props
billium28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55207 ft
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-31 07:55
Have you tried putting the clips into an editor and seeing if there is a waveform in the audio?

I did this and there are no waveforms what so ever. I believe the audio was just not captured. I will return my camera. I feel sad due to the content of the videos.
2018-12-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The only other thing I can think of is if you have adjusted the mic level in the Pro mode. If you haven't done that then I guess it has packed up unless it was possible you covered the main mic with your hand.
I'm not accusing, just going through possibilities, but if you say there is no waveform then I'd guess there is a problem although I think you are the first to suffer audio failure.  I'm sorry you have suffered this way.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Billium, I'm really sorry to hear that. I would suggest you try  reset the settings to factory defaults and check if the issue is still the same. May I know what happened before this issue occurred? Kindly post a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-31
Use props
fansd824c1c4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173724 ft
United States

I have recently acquired the same issues.  My audio is crackly and you can barely make anything out. Then the audio stops and there are no wavefourms.  Once I have enough points I will make a new topic show this and seeing if I can get help.  It's been like this my last 4 videos. Very dissipointed.
2019-3-24
Use props
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409478 ft
United States

Ran into this exact same issue today.   Audio begins to crack,   volume is almost nonexistent, and then it totally cuts out.     This was only have the latest firmware that this issue has started occurring.   Anyone else have this problem and possible resolution?
2019-4-28
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Me too, I have that same issure few months ago and DJI replace the motherboard of it, after that I try not to upgrade the firmware unless it is big, I skip last update since it only fix date display. The audio issue happened after I updated tge firmware.
2019-4-28
Use props
fans3451bf25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64603 ft
United States

Just stated having this audio issue and can’t fix it... sounds windy and scratchy. I have a google drive link but it won’t post.
2019-6-19
Use props
fans3451bf25
lvl.1
United States

fansd824c1c4 Posted at 3-24 12:16
I have recently acquired the same issues.  My audio is crackly and you can barely make anything out. Then the audio stops and there are no wavefourms.  Once I have enough points I will make a new topic show this and seeing if I can get help.  It's been like this my last 4 videos. Very dissipointed.

Any fix on this?
2019-6-19
Use props
fans3451bf25
lvl.1
United States

fans3451bf25 Posted at 6-19 15:24
Just stated having this audio issue and can’t fix it... sounds windy and scratchy. I have a google drive link but it won’t post.

Any fix on this? I have this issue.
2019-6-19
Use props
GabrielGV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478510 ft
Mexico

I have exactly the same issue. The audio es terribe or not present.

Hope DJI address this.
2019-6-30
Use props
GabrielGV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478510 ft
Mexico

I have exactly the same issue. The audio is terrible or not present at all. Hope DJI address this ASAP.
2019-6-30
Use props
fans2b95314a
New

United States

I had the same issue that happened when I was shooting a video the microphone shuts down. I returned to the factory and they responded that the core of the camera was damaged, and they refused to fixed under the warranty. I’m very disappointed!!
2019-8-23
Use props
csikoslehel\
New
United States

Same here no audio at all tried to reset still the same.
Two months ago the main board burned out and changed under warranty and I didn’t really used the camera and now is broken again. I’m really disappointed.
2019-8-25
Use props
fansc8cb9855
New

I purchased the OSMO pocket for a trip to Europe and use for my Real Estate business.  After the first day of use the sound is no longer recognizable.  It has sound but it sounds scratchy, cracks and unrecognizable.  Very disappointed.  Should have purchased a gopro.  
2019-9-17
Use props
fstronin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575164 ft

I have the same issue. I'm pretty sure that the latest firmware has added this issue. The sound was cracky before and now it is very-very low. I'm very disappointed, GoPro is a better choice, I'm going to sell OP.
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_vIKgM8VxRcWq
lvl.1

I have the same issue of no audio in my videos. Started near the end of September. Most have no sound. Sometimes I get less than a second worth of audio at the beginning, but cuts off back to zero. All I see is a very low volume static in the background. I found for me, the cause is from the wireless module. Unplug the module and everything was back to normal. Reached out to CS and waiting for a response.
2019-9-23
Use props
Ujwal Barbde
lvl.1

The problem of audio has started after rolling out its new update...
2019-10-10
Use props
alwayssmiles222
New
Canada

Very Disappointed , new user to dgi brand new osmo pocket tested at home before going on vacation to turkey mic was working fine before i left , after half way on my vacation tried to play back amazing videos i shot only to find out i had no audio only crackling sounds , very expensive vacation with no audio memories   now that i'm looking at these posts this is an old issue with mini pocket any fixes? tried reset several times.
2019-11-7
Use props
fansfa6cab49
New
Flight distance : 7464 ft
United States

Does it have a metallic like sound? Scratchy sound? Mine did, also would cut audio out completely. I mailed mine in. Luckily it’s still under warranty and I did buy the refresh care for it. But you shouldn’t be having these issues with a brand new camera for what we have paid for them.
2020-1-24
Use props
fansfa6cab49
New
United States

2020-1-24
Use props
fansfa6cab49
New
United States

For some reason I cannot post the screen shot of the repair list. They replaced the core board ($163.00) and labor ($63.00) for a total of $228.00. As I said it was still under warranty so the repair was of no cost to me. Hope this helps.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_vLLpZLWmGVaW
New
United Kingdom

I attended a gig recently and on one recording the sound didn’t record
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_vLLpZLWmGVaW
New
United Kingdom

I attended a gig recently and on one recording the sound didn’t record
2020-2-5
Use props
mohitkjoshi
New

United States

I got a new Osmo Pocket and the initial firmware installed was 01.10.00.30. However I cannot get it to record audible sound when recording to sd card. The sound is fine when recorded directly to mobile phones (iphone or samsung) so at least one mic is functioning properly. Reading through this, its highly likely to be the firmware, although this is really disappointing. Tried with sandisk extreme 128 GB cards (as well as other cards). At lower fps (25/30) the speech seems to be recognizable, but very scratchy, cracky and practically useless.
2020-2-9
Use props
msaithan
New
Saudi Arabia

I still have the same issue, Audio is recorded in some videos but not in others
I have done the following with no luck
1- Made sure not covering the 2 mics (front and below)
2- Brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro card
3- Updated to Latest firmware
2020-3-26
Use props
spyder0069
lvl.1

United States

Second time using mine and it now has this issue.  Crackling static sound like talking to a 80's drive through burger joint.  I am unsure if the update to .30 happened initially or if I did it in between the recording that worked and the one that failed.  Lost an hour video I recorded for my elderly father while he's on "stay at home".  
2020-4-19
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126942 ft
Ukraine

I got issue with my Osmo pocket. Then i started testing my wireless module I noticed that i have VERY low audio that hard to hear. I don`t know may be i changed some settings by accidend while ago or i got it it changed automatically with last firmware update. I got already some thinking that my microphone is broken. But i was lucky to find this forum thread.

Ray-CubeAce told - "The only other thing I can think of is if you have adjusted the mic level in the Pro mode. "
Yes, Exactly! Thanks :-)
I change low to high sound in PRO mode and got sound fixed instantly. So, most likely i changed settings while ago testing it and forgot.
Now it works nice.

I like to use wireless module with osmo pocket. Recording video with osmo pocket and controller wheel in one hand (with wireless module on). And holding mound with my iphone (big screen and access to pro setting ) in the left hand. I LOVE MY Osmo Pocket and quality of picture.

The only negative about it, i just discovered that I can`t use wifi wireless module and external microphone at the same time :-(
This one should be definately improved by DJI.

All the best,
Dmytro
2020-4-25
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

with your controller hand over one mic, and the wireless over the other, it's no wonder sound is reduced.
pocket.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_kk35eeYo1tyS
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue. It sounds like crackling and waves.. any response from DJI ?
2020-7-28
Use props
ccastillo1005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I experienced the same issue with my osmo pocket. Check the video for modification - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FRzxtDNJQ
2020-8-25
Use props
SMRdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986322 ft
  • >>>
United States

So sad!  instead of fixing this long standing and often reported issue, they just try to get us to by a new Osmo Pocket 2.  No thanks!  I now have the Go Pro Hero 8 and a media pack that works flawlessly.  Much better picture too!  Bye bye Osmo Pocket!
2020-12-16
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

SMRdrone Posted at 2020-12-16 13:15
So sad!  instead of fixing this long standing and often reported issue, they just try to get us to by a new Osmo Pocket 2.  No thanks!  I now have the Go Pro Hero 8 and a media pack that works flawlessly.  Much better picture too!  Bye bye Osmo Pocket!

Well guess what, I have the same issue with Pocket 2 so save your money.
What I find most frustrating is when a "suoer moderator" posts and seems concerned and then disappears.
2021-4-16
Use props
KuyaMongChico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31414 ft
Philippines

HI guys!

I also had the same issue. So this is what I did: I connected my Osmo Pocket to my phone and on the settings, I turned the WIND NOISE REDUCTION off and the mic audio turned normal again. I tried testing it again with the wind noise reduction ON and the audio issue was there again. I also switch the audio levels to HIGH (Manual).

I hope this will also help you. And DJI, please fix this.

Thanks!
2022-12-28
Use props
paulabridgetjoh
New

Canada

Did you find a solution? I recorded a dance performance - it was sitting by the window of the booth in the theatre. No one touched it. This is how I always film shows. The first clip out of four, the sound cuts out mid clip. I imported to Final Cut. I extracted sound from clip and there is nothing there. I redownloaded clip from sd and same thing. Was there a solution I missed to this problem?
2023-1-22
Use props
HighlanderICT
New

Canada

fans3451bf25 Posted at 2019-6-19 15:24

This is exactly what I am experiencing. Dont use it much, was in the case since last time it was used (when it had recorded audio just fine). Went to test it today ahead of a trip and the same crackly/windy audio or nothing at all.

Tried it on its own with no accessories and got no sound, no wind, nothing. Tried tweaking the audio and turning it up to high and/or enabling disabling the wind noise setting and i either get no sound or the wind noises instead of actual audio. Have also tried by using DJIMimo app directly connected to phone, via wireless module, and via the extending pole (+ wireless module). Same issue on all on playback.

: tried to add audio but it wont let me add link to OneDrive. https://       1drv.ms/v/s!Ahd8FX0fK-O0kf0uG3wESjgIQ8_vdw?e=cC4lWw
2023-1-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

KuyaMongChico Posted at 2022-12-28 01:21
HI guys!

I also had the same issue. So this is what I did: I connected my Osmo Pocket to my phone and on the settings, I turned the WIND NOISE REDUCTION off and the mic audio turned normal again. I tried testing it again with the wind noise reduction ON and the audio issue was there again. I also switch the audio levels to HIGH (Manual).

Hi.
I have just had the problem of the audio disappearing or recording so soft to the point the background hiss of the amplifier was equal to the sound, and after much aggravation of trying to update my Mimo app so as it didn't keep crashing every time I tried to open it I too found the Pocket had turned on the wind noise reduction.
As soon as I turned that off the sound is back to normal. This is not the same problem as the audio board malfunctioning where it crackles but a reduction of volume.
I have no idea what caused this to happen as I do not normally connect the Pocket to my phone but strongly suggest anyone else who has this problem to try the solution.
The Pocket has slowly become my go to video recorder and this was a scare I did not need. Other than this my Osmo Pocket has been brilliant and reliable and served me well.

Ray.
2023-8-16
Use props
RobertoD90
New

Romania

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Osmo Pocket. it;s so annoying, especially since i cannot use any external mic and it forces my to buy the OSMO adapter (which i won't do).
I tried to reset it, tried with a different card, tried different filming modes, tried to change the audio levels in the pro modes and still no success.

The audio is full of crackling. I am running the latest firmware 01.10.00.30 and i was surprised, looking on internet, that there is no way to downgrade the firmware.

So the question is, what should i do now? Repairing it is not worth it and adding an external mic defies the purpose for which i bought it (small form factor).

Thanks,
Robert
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Z6g9cY5GRHZS
New

Malaysia

Hi,is there any solution for the problem?will external mic solve this?this is so frustrating
2023-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules