Does RTC work with Crystalsky monitor?
3158 3 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rtrdsgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145830 ft
United States

How does Return To Controller (RTC) work with a CrystalSky monitor?  Does the monitor have a GPS chip?  Can I connect a dedicated GPS device to my new (yay, Chirstmas) CS 7.85" monitor?

Flying Mavic Pro.  When using my iPhone, I can update RTC, sending my location (Perhaps flying from my boat) to the aircraft to reset its home point to my current location. Or even use Dynamic Home Point when the AC is following me using ActiveTrack.  How does that work with a CS monitor?  Have I lost the RTC capability?

David

2018-12-31
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

Yes,
CrystalSky has built-in GPS/GLONASS capablities...
I am just starting to play with my M2P functions...
I have set the RTC  funtion from inside my house!
I have the 5.5 model.

Stuart
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Crystalsky 7.86/5.5 inches monitor have the GPS/Glonass capability. Therefore, the option to locate the mobile device should still work and the dynamic home point. Please refer to the link below for you to check the specs of our crystalsky. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#specs
2019-1-1
Use props
rtrdsgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145830 ft
United States

I have now tried to update the RTC home setting in flight, in a variety of settings, all with strong GPS signals, using iPhone 6s, iPhone 8, and my Crystalsky monitor, with and without a Bluetooth connection to a dedicated GPS device that also retorts strong satellite signal. Always the same error - GPS signal too weak - despite strong GPS signals and an abundance of satellite contacts.  Mavic Pro, latest firmware.

What am I missing?
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules