1234 7 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering from those who have ever had a DJI product repaired...is the cost reasonable and do you get your unit back or a refurb?

I have submitted a ticket to DJI and have a shipping label but just wondered if I was wasting time going that route. I know the body will need replacing and gimbal and not sure if camera has a lens cover that can be replaced or not, but that is also shattered.

DJI sells the P4PV2.0 less controller for $1349, which doesn't seem like a deal since I only paid $1499 for the eniter setup.

I would not need props or battery

Just looking for suggestions as I sit in flustration....

IMG_2171.jpeg

P4PV20

P4PV20
2018-12-31
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I would replace, did you have insurance?
2018-12-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would at least attempt to repair, provided you have the time.  Even if your attempt fails, you'll gain a lot of knowledge.  MHO
2018-12-31
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

i would replace, how old is the drone? and have you sent it for them to examine yet, think about getting dji refresh if you are eligible once you get new drone
2018-12-31
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-31 09:44
I would at least attempt to repair, provided you have the time.  Even if your attempt fails, you'll gain a lot of knowledge.  MHO

if he completely messes up he wont be able to salvage and sell spare parts
2018-12-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience was excellent and more than anticipated. I had 182 long flights on my P4P Obsidian. It had structural airframe cr  acks around 2 motors. One of the motors finally tore off mid flight. I was going to ground it but figured one more flight.  In any event, I created an online repair request to replace the airframe. Dpi replaced the entire shell, both upper and lower, one motor and one gimbal motor. They paid the shipping both ways. $200.oo Can't complain, in fact, I am extremely satisified. All work was proffessional and my P4P Obsidian is as new. Very satisfied.
2018-12-31
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looking at your top effort I'd probably purchase a new one & then send in the damaged unit to a local shop for an estimate. That'll enable you to determine whether you go full repair of attempt a DIY. The cost to repair my unit wasn't far from purchasing a new one so that's the way I went.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi TheLazyC, I'm sorry to read the crash. Just to verify, have you purchased DJI Care Refresh? If not, repair cost might be paid and it can be confirmed after the designated team receive the unit and do the damage assessment. You may check the price list here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules