7898 33 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koptervision
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the past two days, the audio recording (MP4 or MOV) has gone from bad to almost non-existent. It started with an intermittent scratchy sound and now that's all I hear.  
See/hear the recording here:

The recording is with the Osmo Pocket isolated from other possible noise sources such as hand bumps.

Is there a fix? Is this a bad unit? Should I send for repair/replace?

2018-12-31
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Your link is coming up 'Not Available'.
2018-12-31
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-31 12:51
Your link is coming up 'Not Available'.

Sorry. Wrong YT setting. It should be viewable now.
2018-12-31
Use props
CruiseHabit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93225 ft
  • >>>
United States

That seems...broken.  Have you tried doing a factory reset?  I hate suggestions like that as I prefer to understand the actual problem at hand, but it's not as if there is a ton of configuration to be done to the OP that is undone by a reset.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Koptervision, our apologies for all the trouble. I already coordinated this concern to our R&D engineers for possible solution of the issue. May i know what happened before this issue occurred? Does all the video have same issue? Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-31
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 14:42
Hi Koptervision, our apologies for all the trouble. I already coordinated this concern to our R&D engineers for possible solution of the issue. May i know what happened before this issue occurred? Does all the video have same issue? Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.

The problem started after about six uses.  It started with scratchy audio and now that's you hear.  I did a factory reset, but that did fix it.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Koptervision Posted at 12-31 14:45
Yes. All audio. I did factory reset, but that did fix it.

Just to be sure and to avoid misunderstanding. The issue is still the same after factory reset, is that correct?
2018-12-31
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 14:47
Just to be sure and to avoid misunderstanding. The issue is still the same after factory reset, is that correct?

Factory reset did not fix the problem
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Koptervision Posted at 12-31 14:50

It is possible that it is a hardware issue. Don't worry, I will be forwarding this issue to our R&D engineers to check other options. I will give you an update as soon as I receive the response from them. Thank you for your patience.
2018-12-31
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 15:25
It is possible that it is a hardware issue. Don't worry, I will forwading this issue to our R&D engineers to check other options. I will give you an update as soon as I receive the response from them. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks. Let me know.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're welcome. Yes, please check your inbox, I sent you a PM for the details that we need to forward this issue to our engineers.
2018-12-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice test, thanks for sharing!
2018-12-31
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Koptervision Posted at 2018-12-31 14:50

Thanks for the post. Could you explain how you performed the factory reset ? Have been trying to find out myself but had no joy. Thanks again
2019-1-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

LionelB Posted at 1-1 00:29
Thanks for the post. Could you explain how you performed the factory reset ? Have been trying to find out myself but had no joy. Thanks again

Swipe down. Press Cog. Swipe left twice. Press More, bottom right corner. Press Reset.
2019-1-1
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-1 07:18
Swipe down. Press Cog. Swipe left twice. Press More, bottom right corner. Press Reset.

Many thanks
2019-1-1
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This is clearly a defective hardware problem. I bought it direct from DJI. What is the process to get a replacement?
2019-1-3
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It has been nine (9) days since I first reported this and I have still have no RMA and no replacement.  Please expedite.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

My sincere apologies for the late response. The Osmo Pocket microphone has a reach of 10 meters and the distance is affected by noises in the environment. The Osmo Pocket uses its dual microphones, one below the built-in screen and one at the bottom of the product, to pick up audio signal. When you’re capturing video, please make sure these two microphones are not blocked or covered. Also, make sure the built-in screen faces you when you’re using the Osmo Pocket. You may refer on the screenshot below for your reference. If the issue persists, I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with the case please don't hesitate to contact us. Again, I am very sorry for the unpleasant experienced.

2019-1-11
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 09:36
My sincere apologies for the late response. The Osmo Pocket microphone has a reach of 10 meters and the distance is affected by noises in the environment. The Osmo Pocket uses its dual microphones, one below the built-in screen and one at the bottom of the product, to pick up audio signal. When you’re capturing video, please make sure these two microphones are not blocked or covered. Also, make sure the built-in screen faces you when you’re using the Osmo Pocket. You may refer on the screenshot below for your reference. If the issue persists, I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with the case please don't hesitate to contact us. Again, I am very sorry for the unpleasant experienced.

[view_image]

First thing I tried mate before reporting the defect.

I contacted support. They say my unit is not eligible for a refund because they say I did ask for a refund before the 14 days. BUT as notified above I reported the defect within that window and you told me to wait, then told me to try a factory reset which I had already done and did not solve the problem. I was then told "It is possible that it is a hardware issue. Don't worry, I will be forwarding this issue to our R&D engineers to check other options. I will give you an update as soon as I receive the response from them. Thank you for your patience." Meanwhile, 11 days have passed and now I am waiting for them to send an RMA label MA for repair.
2019-1-11
Use props
rjl91788
New
United States

Koptervision Posted at 1-11 09:57
First thing I tried mate before reporting the defect.

I contacted support. They say my unit is not eligible for a refund because they say I did ask for a refund before the 14 days. BUT as notified above I reported the defect within that window and you told me to wait, then told me to try a factory reset which I had already done and did not solve the problem. I was then told "It is possible that it is a hardware issue. Don't worry, I will be forwarding this issue to our R&D engineers to check other options. I will give you an update as soon as I receive the response from them. Thank you for your patience." Meanwhile, 11 days have passed and now I am waiting for them to send an RMA label MA for repair.

Did you ever get this issue fixed?  How was the process?  Mine just started doing this same thing after a couple weeks.
2019-1-23
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rjl91788 Posted at 1-23 20:32
Did you ever get this issue fixed?  How was the process?  Mine just started doing this same thing after a couple weeks.

I had to send it into DJI Service CERRITOS, CA.  It was, in fact, defective and they replaced the main board valued at $208 under warranty at no charge.  I have not received it back yet. The process is outlined here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Good luck.
2019-1-23
Use props
rjl91788
New
United States

Awesome, thanks!!
2019-1-26
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

Koptervision Posted at 1-23 22:22
I had to send it into DJI Service CERRITOS, CA.  It was, in fact, defective and they replaced the main board valued at $208 under warranty at no charge.  I have not received it back yet. The process is outlined here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Good luck.

KV....  I have recently had a gimbal error and worked with Cerritos, CA Service Center.  The process was painless and I received a complete NEW unit AFTER the 14 days ( I noted the SN differences when I got it back and called )  They told me it was much quicker to replace the unit than to repair it...  VIA email I was told Lens module and pan axis motor were bad in mine... $138.... was told it was a REPAIR of parts...... IT WAS REPLACED over a month after purchase.  NO CHARGE since I had purchased SHIELD.

Also... if they do replace it... AND you have shield....   verify that they transferred the SHIELD to the new serial number.  They did it for me.. just check it here  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/InquiryPage

Not saying you will get a replacement, but my case was opened and closed in 10 days exactly.

Let us know of your outcome as people need to know that if you are in the USA ( like us )  the process is not that painful for DJI Support and Service.

I did all mine online with DJ Support in CHAT.
2019-1-27
Use props
Koptervision
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Spazz Posted at 1-27 07:56
KV....  I have recently had a gimbal error and worked with Cerritos, CA Service Center.  The process was painless and I received a complete NEW unit AFTER the 14 days ( I noted the SN differences when I got it back and called )  They told me it was much quicker to replace the unit than to repair it...  VIA email I was told Lens module and pan axis motor were bad in mine... $138.... was told it was a REPAIR of parts...... IT WAS REPLACED over a month after purchase.  NO CHARGE since I had purchased SHIELD.

Also... if they do replace it... AND you have shield....   verify that they transferred the SHIELD to the new serial number.  They did it for me.. just check it here  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/InquiryPage

I got mine back and even though it says main board, they just replaced the whole unit. I checked and they did update my Osmo Shield S/N.  Thanks for the tip!
2019-1-27
Use props
fansd824c1c4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173724 ft
United States

I have the same issue you are expericancing, sadly it happened during a paid video recording for a client that's doing a YT channle. All 17min of video is useless

Audio is scratchy and hardly picks up any voice and then at 1min 49 sec the audio compleatly drops out.

I saw in the thread the board was replaced.  How long did it take to get your unit back from start to finish. I will be contacting DJI Monday afternoon to report my issue and see what can be done to repair the unit.  

Thanks
2019-3-24
Use props
GabrielGV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478510 ft
Mexico

I have exactly the same problem in the same way as you describe. But I have had the Osmo for more than a year and now my local store  says it is out of warranty and that I need to pay more than $250 for the repair. It is sad, anoying, frustrating. Any thing you think I can do?
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_5ueQtJUcO2ij
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-12-31 14:42

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my DJI osmo. The audio is getting scratchy for audio recorded closer to the osmo pocket but the audio is clear for the audio source if at a distance.

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.
2020-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_5ueQtJUcO2ij Posted at 3-13 08:36
Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my DJI osmo. The audio is getting scratchy for audio recorded closer to the osmo pocket but the audio is clear for the audio source if at a distance.

Hi. i am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know are you using an external mic or the built in microphone of the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition. please provide a sample video of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-13
Use props
andrecollagmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132507 ft
Brazil

Same issue here. Just realized almost all old videos are with this issue after few uses. Reset do not made difference. What to do?
2020-3-27
Use props
andrecollagmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132507 ft
Brazil

I realized when recording with Mimo the app shows mic level always mid to more even in silence.
2020-3-27
Use props
fans4cce77d3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've just purchased an Osmo pocket and it is making the distorted, crackly audio identical to that in the video on the original post at the top of this page.  I did not buy this new and bought it second hand for a cheap price. The camera works perfectly, but the audio doesn't. So I have no warranty. Therefore it would cost me quite a lot to get it fixed.  
Would buying the external DJI audio adapter and using with an external mic be a cheaper option for me to resolve this? Thank you
2020-6-8
Use props
ChrisBrophyUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans4cce77d3 Posted at 6-8 09:37
I've just purchased an Osmo pocket and it is making the distorted, crackly audio identical to that in the video on the original post at the top of this page.  I did not buy this new and bought it second hand for a cheap price. The camera works perfectly, but the audio doesn't. So I have no warranty. Therefore it would cost me quite a lot to get it fixed.  
Would buying the external DJI audio adapter and using with an external mic be a cheaper option for me to resolve this? Thank you

Update: there is definitely an issue with the internal mic, so I bought the audio adapter and a lapel mic and I now have excellent quality audio.  It hasn't fixed the internal audio, but I paid less than £150 for my OP so I can't grumble about it really
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_obdjY9jbNMte
New
Brazil

Well, I'm  experiencing the same issue with my Osmo Pocket since the latest firmware update recommended by DJI, the audio quality in my camera is terrible like in your video. I already checked all audio settings and as I know everything is okay. Also restarted the to its factory configuration, as well I have formatted the SD card, however the audio still bad. I'm not the only one with the same issue, and it seems  like that DJI is carring about it at all, specifically in my case as I'm living in Brazil at the moment... I already spoke to their customer service asking for assistance, so I was asked to send my unit back to a repair facility in the US, however, they can't ship the unit back as per their policies! So, what is the point in sending it to repair!?

It's really frustrating that a company make a worldwide product, offering proper assistance only for the US market.

So, basically I lost $350 bucks and I have a useless camera that I'm supposed to be using to work!

2020-9-30
Use props
Ddanielperdi
New

Slovenia

I am having exactly the same issue now. No fix whatever I do - few uses and it just broke - Tried resetting settings, auto audio, wind cancelling... Everything I could think of.
I contacted support and they didn't come back to me after the specified time.
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules