2331 52 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 16:02
Thanks for the advice Cradoka,  I gave up the idea of repairing the old guard.  Silicone didn't really want to adhere sufficiently well & I though good ole 'Arold'  would have been too rigid.

Cheers

Araldite does not set rigid, as in un bendable, it can take a good flex especially in the dimensions of the gimbal protector. I've had a lot success with Araldite high strength in industrial applications let alone the DJI mickey mouse arena. I reckon I would of had a go as I always have some Araldite on hand.
2019-1-3
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Cradoka Posted at 1-3 20:38
Araldite does not set rigid, as in un bendable, it can take a good flex especially in the dimensions of the gimbal protector. I've had a lot success with Araldite high strength in industrial applications let alone the DJI mickey mouse arena. I reckon I would of had a go as I always have some Araldite on hand.

Fair enough comment,  too late now !  
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-3 15:59
Is that the PolarPro that allows the filters to remain fitted ?

Yes it is suppose to work with the filters on or the normal DJI lens...either way
2019-1-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

KennyB Posted at 1-4 03:38
Yes it is suppose to work with the filters on or the normal DJI lens...either way

IMO it is pretty important to be able to keep a filter on,  rather than having to remove it to store the drone as I have been doing up to now
Cheers
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-4 03:41
IMO it is pretty important to be able to keep a filter on,  rather than having to remove it to store the drone as I have been doing up to now
Cheers

I have been doing the same thing. Arrive on site...run through preflight checks list...put on the appropriate filter...fly mission...take off filter before resetting the gimbal guard.

I guess it doesn't bother me too much as I am not always using the same filter. The filter, to me is always determined by the light conditions. I would however like to have a gimbal guard that doesn't break so easily. I don't man handle them...they are just fragile and break easy (the stock gimbal guards that is).
2019-1-4
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 1-2 02:40
I have had the same issue but mine broke where the guard clamps onto the landing gear/legs. It breaks off and will no longer secure to one of the legs (usually). I have had two of them break on two different Phantoms.

I have 2 sitting right here in the same condition. Broken where they clamp on the landing skid.
2019-1-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

As said before :  Who absence is conspicuous on this posting ------- DJI !
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 1-4 09:50
I have 2 sitting right here in the same condition. Broken where they clamp on the landing skid.

I hear you...sorry that sucks to say the least
2019-1-4
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-4 15:13
As said before :  Who absence is conspicuous on this posting ------- DJI !

They have nothing to say on the subject I guess.
2019-1-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

I had mentioned it on another post somewhere to one of the techs (?)  Who was going to 'Report it' to .............  ?????

Don't hold yer breath !
2019-1-5
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

The Polar Pro gimbal guards arrived today,  I ordered two of them.
They certainly look the goods so to speak & now I can leave a filter on ......  Yippppeeeeeeeeee
2019-1-9
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-9 01:23
The Polar Pro gimbal guards arrived today,  I ordered two of them.
They certainly look the goods so to speak & now I can leave a filter on ......  Yippppeeeeeeeeee

You will have to let us know if they hold up. Might be a next purchase for me.
2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

KennyB Posted at 1-9 05:45
You will have to let us know if they hold up. Might be a next purchase for me.

If you hear nowt,  you know they are still OK !
They wouldn't have to last long to outlive the DJI equivalent ??
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules