Phantom 3 SE connect issues
648 10 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18875 ft
United States

For the last 3 times i experienced my phone camera disconnect when i reach 30ft up in the air. I bring the drone down to a lower level and it connects back but when it go back up it disconnects again. My phone is a note 9 is there a fix for this or what am i doing wrong.
2019-1-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you're aiming correctly?  
2019-1-1
Use props
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-1 11:19
Are you sure you're aiming correctly?

Im so sorry for my lack of experience when you say aiming correctly, are you referring to aiming my antenna
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, Samsung Note 9 is not fully compatible with Phantom 3 SE. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the drone for reliability purposes. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with Phantom 3 SE. Please see the attached image below. Thank you.
2019-1-1
Use props
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-1 11:33
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, Samsung Note 9 is not fully compatible with Phantom 3 SE. I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the drone for reliability purposes. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with Phantom 3 SE. Please see the attached image below. Thank you.
[view_image]

Ok thank you very good info
2019-1-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Danny Lieux II Posted at 1-1 11:30
Im so sorry for my lack of experience when you say aiming correctly, are you referring to aiming my antenna

Yes - the SE is a unique system.  Know that the working antennas on the SE are hidden inside the controller and facing forward.   For example, if you're flying straight up (not recommended), you should position the controller so it's vertical and the front is pointing straight up.  If you're flying low towards the distant horizon, you should position the controller so it's horizontal and the front is pointing towards the same distant horizon.  The little stick antenna on top is of no consequence.  

Good luck
2019-1-1
Use props
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-1 12:50
Yes - the SE is a unique system.  Know that the working antennas on the SE are hidden inside the controller and facing forward.   For example, if you're flying straight up (not recommended), you should position the controller so it's vertical and the front is pointing straight up.  If you're flying low towards the distant horizon, you should position the controller so it's horizontal and the front is pointing towards the same distant horizon.  The little stick antenna on top is of no consequence.  

Good luck

Thank you definitely will have to try that. Thanks for the great information.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Danny Lieux II Posted at 1-1 11:41
Ok thank you very good info

Hi Danny, please let us know if the problem persists after using a recommended device. Thank your for choosing DJI!
2019-1-3
Use props
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 15:40
Hi Danny, please let us know if the problem persists after using a recommended device. Thank your for choosing DJI!

I flew tonight using my LG V20 tablet and it disconnected when i got up to about 30m, it reconnected for a few seconds and disconnected again and reconnected around 300m and played the connected and disconnected game. Not sure what else i can do, i will try to get some cables to connect my tablet to the controller and see if that will help but not sure it will. Thanks for the follow up.
2019-1-3
Use props
Danny Lieux II
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 15:40

I flew tonight using my LG V20 tablet and it disconnected when i got up to about 30m, it reconnected for a few seconds and disconnected again and reconnected around 300m and played the connected and disconnected game. Not sure what else i can do, i will try to get some cables to connect my tablet to the controller and see if that will help but not sure it will. Thanks for the follow up.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Danny Lieux II Posted at 1-3 19:33

You're welcome and sorry for the trouble. That's correct, it is recommended to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. You can also try a different location and check if the issue persists. Thanks for you support.
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules