Osmo Pocket Early Tests
1436 6 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UnhappyDan
lvl.2
United States

My first Tests for Vlogging Footage. Happy so far although I did run into a few minor issues that folks may be able to give me some guidance on.  
-I made no adjustments to the video settings on the Osmo Pocket other than setting to FPV and the resolution which I did change to 60fps from 30fps.  Its right out of the box and I wasn't sure really if I had it setup right as I am still getting used to it.
-The colors captured on the Osmo Pocket matched more what my eyes saw in person. The Osmo Pocket had a few challenges with white balance but not many nd there are some adjustments I've read about to adjust white balance settings to make it better.
-The Osmo did have a slight "tingyness" to the audio two times which were not included.  It seemed to get a bit overwhelmed at the beach with all the background sound but only for a few seconds and only during one portion of filming. Not sure what to think of that.

Any feedback on some setting adjustments would be appreciated!  Thanks!!

2019-1-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've skimmed it due to lack of time but I would suggest avoiding the use of FPV - that is only useful if you want to imitate a camera which doesn't have a gimbal.  It only smooths motion but does not keep the horizon straight nor does it keep the camera level in the up/down tilt direction.  Follow mode locks the horizon - Tilt lock locks the  up/down tilt, so with that mode set you don't have to really look at the screen as you know you won't accidentally have it pointing at your feet or with a crooked horizon.
2019-1-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welcome to the forum!

My first (and only comment so far) would be to shorten the video to about 3-5 minutes (max).
I don't have the pocket myself (skipped it since I have the Osmo Mobile already), but overall it looks nice!
2019-1-1
Use props
UnhappyDan
lvl.2
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-1 13:09
I've skimmed it due to lack of time but I would suggest avoiding the use of FPV - that is only useful if you want to imitate a camera which doesn't have a gimbal.  It only smooths motion but does not keep the horizon straight nor does it keep the camera level in the up/down tilt direction.  Follow mode locks the horizon - Tilt lock locks the  up/down tilt, so with that mode set you don't have to really look at the screen as you know you won't accidentally have it pointing at your feet or with a crooked horizon.

Got it. Read that section once in the manual and for some reason it didn't make sense.  The first day was when I used FPV so the beach footage should be in the default mode.  Thanks for the tip!!!
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-9 23:11
I agree.. I skipped over most and all of it due to length and not quickly seeing what was happening..
For Example I did a quick test, tried to keep it upbeat although because it was a test- it was repetitive.. AND my video has about a 60% retention rate meaning my video is typically viewed for 44 seconds out of its 1:14 duration.. Hope that helps narrow down the "general" viewing audiences attention lol

Why do you want to just post the link?
With a preview is much more convenient for 'us' viewers (we don't have to leave the forum.)
2019-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-10 04:33
Oh ok.. I just didn't want to be rude by posting this huge video on your thread.. but I get it.. lol.. Im kinda new to threads and forums

No problem.
I think most here will like the huge preview
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules