Connedting controller to Samsung S9
5552 13 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick823
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4911 ft
United States

Can someone please tell me how to connect RC to a Samsung S9.  The RC cable is not compatible with my S9.  I used the charging cable for my S9 that has a USB connection to attach to the bottom of RC, but it still won't link.  An older model phone will link to old controller cable.  So my question is, what cable do I need that will adapt to my S9.  I know you can hook to USB at bottom of controller but perhaps I have the wrong cable.  Also I disconnected the old RC cable and tried connecting that way to.  I want to use my new phone the S9,not the outdated one.  Much help appreciated.

2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, you will need to use the USB Type-C cable to connect it to your Samsung S9 to the Mavic Pro RC. You may purchase this Mavic Remote Controller Cable (Type-C connector) from our website that you can connect on the left side port. You may also use the USB cable that's from your S9 and connect it on the button port. Don't forget to re-link the remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your mobile device. For reference, you may watch the video tutorial. Should you have further question, please let us know.  Thank you.

2019-1-1
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-1 16:03
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, you will need to use the USB Type-C cable to connect it to your Samsung S9 to the Mavic Pro RC. You may purchase this Mavic Remote Controller Cable (Type-C connector) from our website that you can connect on the left side port. You may also use the USB cable that's from your S9 and connect it on the button port. Don't forget to re-link the remote controller to the aircraft before you connect your mobile device. For reference, you may watch the video tutorial. Should you have further question, please let us know.  Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52F4hlR4MA

When I went to old phone the aircraft and controller were already linked.  Do I need to do it again for the Samsung S9?  Also I had a cable, but maybe the wrong one, (charging cable), with USB and plugged in to bottom of controller and connected to S9, but couldn't get a connection and I did unplug the stock controller cable.  I may need to buy another cable.  
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nick823 Posted at 1-2 00:39
When I went to old phone the aircraft and controller were already linked.  Do I need to do it again for the Samsung S9?  Also I had a cable, but maybe the wrong one, (charging cable), with USB and plugged in to bottom of controller and connected to S9, but couldn't get a connection and I did unplug the stock controller cable.  I may need to buy another cable.

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, you need to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft again. After that, kindly re-connect your Samsung S9 to the remote controller. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.
2019-1-2
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-2 08:01
Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, you need to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft again. After that, kindly re-connect your Samsung S9 to the remote controller. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.

The aircraft has a green light no yellow flashing light with the samsung s9, but app still says disconnected.  So the aircraft appears to  be linked.  the samsung s9 briefly connected then went off.  I connected old Samsung phone using the old RC connection on the side again and its fine.  I feel if I was connecting to new phone with side mount controller cable maybe the new phone would connect.  Also not too sure if the cable is correct, the charging cable for new phone that I used to connect to controller USB.  So, like I said the aircraft appears to be linked, easily to old phone.  It may either be the cable or I need to use one specifically for mavic drone using either the usb at bottom of controller or side connection.  Thoughts???  This is really frustrating, just want to go fly.
2019-1-2
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Nick823 Posted at 1-2 11:14
The aircraft has a green light no yellow flashing light with the samsung s9, but app still says disconnected.  So the aircraft appears to  be linked.  the samsung s9 briefly connected then went off.  I connected old Samsung phone using the old RC connection on the side again and its fine.  I feel if I was connecting to new phone with side mount controller cable maybe the new phone would connect.  Also not too sure if the cable is correct, the charging cable for new phone that I used to connect to controller USB.  So, like I said the aircraft appears to be linked, easily to old phone.  It may either be the cable or I need to use one specifically for mavic drone using either the usb at bottom of controller or side connection.  Thoughts???  This is really frustrating, just want to go fly.

Have you set your Developers option and USB right?
Iinstall-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31
2019-1-2
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Nick823 Posted at 1-2 11:14
The aircraft has a green light no yellow flashing light with the samsung s9, but app still says disconnected.  So the aircraft appears to  be linked.  the samsung s9 briefly connected then went off.  I connected old Samsung phone using the old RC connection on the side again and its fine.  I feel if I was connecting to new phone with side mount controller cable maybe the new phone would connect.  Also not too sure if the cable is correct, the charging cable for new phone that I used to connect to controller USB.  So, like I said the aircraft appears to be linked, easily to old phone.  It may either be the cable or I need to use one specifically for mavic drone using either the usb at bottom of controller or side connection.  Thoughts???  This is really frustrating, just want to go fly.

You should use the USB at the middle low on controller.
Your USB port on the S9 is most likely set to charging.
The cable from the S9 is OK to use. It's data cable and will work.
When you connect something to the USB port on S9 it should look like this.
2019-1-2
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

It looks like this isn't the charger that came with device, (S9), Its slow charging.  I also made some changes in developer options and uploaded the app again...  I will try again with different charger
2019-1-2
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

Ok looks like I got it to work, borrwed my sons actual charging cord from his sanmsung s8 which is a fast charger and phone connected immediatey.  RIght now camera is on and controller displays NFZ, never saw that before, but it seems I resolved the cable issue.  The app alos launches now on its own too
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nick823 Posted at 1-2 12:15
Ok looks like I got it to work, borrwed my sons actual charging cord from his sanmsung s8 which is a fast charger and phone connected immediatey.  RIght now camera is on and controller displays NFZ, never saw that before, but it seems I resolved the cable issue.  The app alos launches now on its own too

That's good to hear. Please let us know if you need further assistance, we're here to help. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-3
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

So far so good,  appears to had been the cable.  Thanks for the help..
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nick823 Posted at 1-3 15:48
So far so good,  appears to had been the cable.  Thanks for the help..

You're welcome. Happy new year, cheers!
2019-1-3
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I was wondering what the deal was.  I use to fly mine with a Note 5, then upgraded to a Note 9.  Used a USB-Micro on my 5, and then used a USB-C on my Note 9 and never had to do a thing to either the controller OR enter the developers mode.  I didn't do the developer mode until last week and I've been flying with the 9 for about a month now.  Reading your story, just make sure that you use the bottom USB port on the controller and leave NOTHING in the side port.  Not even a disconnected cable.  I had one problem the last time I flew.  The phone disconnected on the first battery out.  I simply punched the RTH button and when it got close enough I landed it.  Shut everything down, rebooted phone, controller and drone.  Then reconnected everything and flew the remainder of that battery plus 2 more.  Never a problem after that.  
2019-1-3
Use props
Nick823
lvl.2
United States

I flew the aircraft today, no problems, but at first forgot to disconnect old cable off side  A sure sign that old cable is still attached is the DJI app won't launch.  
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules