new TB50 battery
6488 15 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

hello, im new here and i have one questionbriefly..  because of my I2 old batteries are no longer usable ( inaccessible and two middle lights flashing )
I had to buy a new pair of TB50 batteries  , but now I have a little problem - I must to use lot more force when installing them.
looking closer this battery, I noticed the mounting side is a bit swollen ?  is this normal ( because my old dead batteries are perfectly flat on this side )

DSC_0389.jpg
DSC_0391.jpg
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward your concern to our team for further clarification in regards to this situation. Please hit "Reply" if you need updates or follow up in your query. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-1
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those new batteries you bought are toast...... Totally toast, dont use them.
Also maybe hold off from buying new batteries at the moment. DJI has issues with their battery supplier, many of their new batteries have problems, show N/A when inserted into the Inspire 2, or give false Voltage readings, disconnect randomly.
Best to wait a few weeks/months until they maybe sort these issues out (or else you might buy even more broken batteries).

If you can, use different drone for shooting until Inspire 2 is flight worthy again, which it aint at the moment.
2019-1-2
Use props
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

really ?  the battery is now fully charged, all cells equally and cycle is 0 ..  but I'm a little worried
is it reasonable to use such a battery , whether this insertion force can break the fasteners on the drone  body ? how strong they are ?
and can it be fail soon in flight..   I do not need this kind problems anymore.

ok...as I indicated on the box this new battery at least 6 months old already
what  DJI support think about that ? should i return it ?
is this battery condition an acceptable reason
2019-1-2
Use props
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

little more ..
when I press with fingers ,this swollen side goes straight
but does it still have to be like that ?
2019-1-2
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is suggested to never use swollen batteries  as they are likely to fail unexpectedly. In addition to that the swelling in your case also causes issues with the battery being safely attached to the Inspire 2, which is also dangerous. You are not doing yourself any favors by using these batteries. Ideally, sent them back if they are still under warranty, it is 6 months long.

Just keep in mind that any replacement batteries might have the same or other issues as reported by numerous users here on the forums recently. Someone had 13 batteries rendered unusable with the latest firmware.
DJI may or may not be able to fix  this situation, so far they have not been able to do so.
2019-1-4
Use props
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

the second " new "  battery that arrived today ,don't want to start charge at all .
The charger shows a red and  battery flashes all  lights  at the beginning 10 times
I2 not recognize this battery at all.

seems that here is complicated get any batteries at all for this drone, even those two batteries I had to order from tifferent places.
result -  one bit swollen and the other inaccessible
of course they must have a warranty , they were brand new and in unopened package

can anyone tell me by serial number how old this battery is at all ?

2019-1-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

veix Posted at 1-4 12:03
the second " new "  battery that arrived today ,don't want to start charge at all .
The charger shows a red and  battery flashes all  lights  at the beginning 10 times
I2 not recognize this battery at all.

Although JBSonic's conclusions are tinted with a bit panicky personal opinion, a agree that using swollen LiPO batteries (of any kind or brand for that matter) is a big No-No. Keep returning and replacing them with good ones. I had 3 pairs of TB50's swapping between Inspire 2 and M200 for a year, never had any issues ... other than constant firmware tweaking by DJI that is, which is a bummer...
BTW, the manufacturing date (month/year) is indicated sometimes below UPC barcode. Not always though ...
2019-1-4
Use props
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

this generic dji serial decoder give me for  09UADBN0310932
Model: Phantom 3 Pro, build on: 22. November 2016

can be this battery really over two years old ?
So.. I'm not surprised when it no longer wakes up
if it really been somewhere in the warehouse so long
2019-1-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

veix Posted at 1-4 16:39
this generic dji serial decoder give me for  09UADBN0310932
Model: Phantom 3 Pro, build on: 22. November 2016

This is absurd, the battery is for Inspire 2, not for Phantom 3 Pro. That's how this "decoder" works ...
2019-1-4
Use props
veix
lvl.2
Estonia

yes.. you are right -  this decoder gives the wrong models
but manufacturing time perhaps right ?
for the second battery it give me right time what is written on the box

anyway , I will return them soon

maybe I really must to wait for spring or summer
maybe then new battery models already exist , but how I can be sure
not to get again someone's old stockpile ?
2019-1-5
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

veix Posted at 1-5 01:43
yes.. you are right -  this decoder gives the wrong models
but manufacturing time perhaps right ?
for the second battery it give me right time what is written on the box

I bought two new batteries. the battery is not released when the buttons are pressed. the same problem still persists. the new batteries are slightly bloated. when will the manufacturing defect be removed - bad battery series?
IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2317.JPG
IMG_2318.JPG [flash][/flash]
2019-3-25
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

More than once in the last year I have seriously thought of buying the I2 and 4 sets of batteries.......these issues keep coming up, and do NOT give me the
confidence in buying up......sad really!

Randy
2019-3-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jiri.82 Posted at 3-25 13:12
I bought two new batteries. the battery is not released when the buttons are pressed. the same problem still persists. the new batteries are slightly bloated. when will the manufacturing defect be removed - bad battery series?
[view_image][view_image]
[view_image][flash][/flash]

You definitely have defective batteries. The cells have out gassed into the sealed envelope which protects them from air. Here are some photos showing what the battery looks like inside the case.
Rich

IMG_9676.jpg IMG_9979.jpg
2019-3-27
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

no official statement from dji?
bloated and swollen batteries that are dangerous and defective have been on the market for many months. when will the problem be fixed?
any expression?
2019-3-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

jiri.82 Posted at 3-27 11:50
no official statement from dji?
bloated and swollen batteries that are dangerous and defective have been on the market for many months. when will the problem be fixed?
any expression?

Jiri, don't expect any official or un-official statement from DJI here on this forum, it's not going to happen. Unfortunately LiPO's swell is - in general - random and unpredictable issue which rarely may affect any battery of this kind. I have 3 pairs about one year old with no such problem whatsoever. The only way to solve it is sending them back for replacement because the swell doesn't allow for secure installation in battery holder.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules