Battery issue
1627 11 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigds5555
lvl.1

United States

I have had my mavcic Pro about a year. I have flown it about 5 times and now I am getting a battery error on Mavic battery
2019-1-1
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you updated the battery firmware and the drones firmware?

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know this concern. Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? if yes, please try to perform refreshing the firmware of you Mavic Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Please ensure that you're using your current battery that has a problem. You may refer to the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/downloads
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_BQIcoiOQh7L6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40607 ft
Canada

Bought my Mavic Pro Dec 2017, of course DJI Refresh just recently ran out and I got my first battery error on Sunday.  

Having RC's I'm very familiar with LIPO batteries and their care, I rotated them in use (all of the three flymore bundle batteries have 10-12 charges each) and set their storage discharge to start after 1 day to prevent the risk of swelling.  

The error is related to cell 2 being lower than cells 1 & 3 which seem to be ok.  I've depleted the battery slowly to a low level as instructed in the app and tried to charge and rebalance twice now that doesn't seem to bring it back into balance.  Any other advice?  I was looking forward to getting more use out of it this coming year but with one less battery I'll be a bit more limited.  
Yes my firmware is also up to date and current.  
2019-1-8
Use props
bigds5555
lvl.1

United States

updated drone and remote, still having battery error
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bigds5555 Posted at 1-20 16:03

Hi, we do apologize to know if the concern is still persisting. Since that troubleshooting step was exhausted, I'm afraid that the battery would not work properly and this may affect your drone that may lead to an incident during flight when using it. If the battery is within the warranty, you may refer to the link below also check the warranty period of main parts. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-1-21
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I would say that battery is toast. I would not chance anyway, even if you got that one cell closer to the other two..... just not worth it on an expensive machine..... sucks but you need a new battery
2019-1-22
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You can use the great software of JJB called FRAP. You can analyse your battery cell by cell. Then decided if your battery is not good anymore.If I take a look at my three batteriy's, all cells are slightly diffrent for all battery's
2019-1-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BQIcoiOQh7L6 Posted at 1-8 18:29
Bought my Mavic Pro Dec 2017, of course DJI Refresh just recently ran out and I got my first battery error on Sunday.  

Having RC's I'm very familiar with LIPO batteries and their care, I rotated them in use (all of the three flymore bundle batteries have 10-12 charges each) and set their storage discharge to start after 1 day to prevent the risk of swelling.  

Please go make your own post. Cutting in is a bit rude and not many going to help you.
2019-1-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

bigds5555 Posted at 1-20 16:03

If it makes a diff.. what is the battery error you are getting?

Also.. when in the DJI GO app what do you see under they battery section?

Example of bad...
BadBattery.png
2019-1-23
Use props
MadMadMat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2097874 ft
United States

I wouldn't fly it at all with that battery but definitely don't go over water. It's insane how many people have posted on this forum that had a battery failure and it goes into emergency landing straight down while it's over water. I guess if that happens over land there's nothing to really complain about so they're not posting as often on the Forum. Some of my best photos have been over water and I plan to take it fishing with us this summer but I will definitely have a fresh battery for the occasion.
2019-1-28
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using a DJI charger? I had 2 Mavic Air batteries go bad but I've been using a third-party charger. Just wondering if there's a correlation or if DJI is just having lots of batteries go bad?
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules