Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you calibrated the IMU & compass?

RedHotPoker
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The previous reply is correct, have you try to calibrate the IMU and Compass? Make sure as well you have enough GPS.
2019-1-2
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the calibration trick does not work you can consider yourself a member of an elite group of P4P V2 users that are plagued with this problem.  No acknowledgement from DJI yet that they are working on the problem, at least that I have seen.   
I got lucky, mines rock solid in a hover.
2019-1-2
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

New to the P4P v2.

I noticed my drone would rebound after a yaw movement from the left or right.

Found a setting in the advanced gimbal settings that turned this rebound movement off.

Seems to hover fine now and will stick solid when I release the yaw stick.
2019-1-2
Use props
Sky Highland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 876867 ft
United States

EdM Posted at 1-2 10:36
If the calibration trick does not work you can consider yourself a member of an elite group of P4P V2 users that are plagued with this problem.  No acknowledgement from DJI yet that they are working on the problem, at least that I have seen.   
I got lucky, mines rock solid in a hover.

Not just V2. I have a P4P and it's done this from day 1. Some flights it will happen, while other flights it won't. Totally ruins mobility and shots. It's impossible to recreate shots using waypoints when it twists slightly.
2019-1-4
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no fix for this.  The P4 VF 2.0 is basically unstable in hover, it has nothing to do with the snap back of the gimbal/drone when you release the sticks.  This setting is important but it won't effect the yaw issue.

Net, if you take off, and stop, and hover, drone will slowly yaw in one direction, mine goes to the right.  This makes longer exposures worthless due to movement.  You can calibrate the IMU and compass as many times as you would like, but the problem always comes back.  You also may notice that in straight flight, the drone may move off to one direction, again mine pushes to the right.   Also when yawing for a video pan, the drone as you stop the pan by letting off of stick pressure, to neutral, the drone will start to yaw the other direction.  So if you are yawing/panning to the left and slow down and stop the pan, the drone on it's own will start to yaw back to the right.

This issue has been around since day 1 release of the P4VR 2.0.  There are a lot of videos showing the issue.  So far, DJI has not released any firmware I am aware of that will address it, so it appears to be not fixable with firmware.  

Before each flight, I will calibrate the IMU, which seems to stop the problem for usually about the first 10 minutes of a flight, then the problem starts again.  Once it starts, it usually lasts for the rest of that day.

My MP2 and MPP are both rock solid and have no issues, just wish the MP2 camera/lens had the same optical quality of the P4, as mine can't optically compare to my P4 Pro, even though both use the 20mp sensor.

It's disappointing that DJI won't address this issue on their Phantoms.  They have been out of stock for over 60 days now in their store, so I assume they have quit making the Phantom and are gearing up for the next product. There reports from people like me who purchased a VR 2.0 in June, others in September and some who purchased one in late November.   So the problem has persisted through the product life cycle.

Paul C

2019-1-4
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky Highland Posted at 1-4 13:25
Not just V2. I have a P4P and it's done this from day 1. Some flights it will happen, while other flights it won't. Totally ruins mobility and shots. It's impossible to recreate shots using waypoints when it twists slightly.

My one is the same, some flights fine, others not so good.

The gimbal setting sounds interesting to play with as I have noted the camera panning slowly to the right (or left) when the drone is still on the ground!

I will check gimbal settings before my next flight to see if they help...
2019-1-8
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Recalibrate the Compass First, being away from any metal.  a Non-calibrated compass causes havoc on other systems, even the GPS.  Next Calibrate the IMU and look up All WARNINGS posted every flight.  3rd I would re-calibrate the vision sensors via the DJI Assistant 2.  4th I would re-calibrate the remote controller and gimbal just for the heck of it.  I wish you well and fun flying.
2019-1-8
Use props
Mlebout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1375 ft
Canada

SkyEye21 Posted at 2019-1-8 15:29
Recalibrate the Compass First, being away from any metal.  a Non-calibrated compass causes havoc on other systems, even the GPS.  Next Calibrate the IMU and look up All WARNINGS posted every flight.  3rd I would re-calibrate the vision sensors via the DJI Assistant 2.  4th I would re-calibrate the remote controller and gimbal just for the heck of it.  I wish you well and fun flying.

Did this work for anyone?  Mine has also done it from day one.
2020-5-13
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of the 6 P4Ps that I've had and my 2 P4As and my Mavic Air all do this and no amount of calibrating fixes it. It is a flaw and I've had to live with it since 2017. If you do a POI and stop it it slowly keeps turning for about 30-90 seconds. It sucks but, I guess it is just what it is.
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules