Braking now, return sticks to midpoint
10872 20 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vibs31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6611 ft
United States

I did a test flight. Just went up by 3 feet, hovered there and then now. It was showing a message braking now, return sticks to midpoint and continue flying. Please let me know what does that mean. Is the drone safe to fly further if i get this message. Thanks
2019-1-2
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hmm first time that I see this error.
Maybe someone else can chip in?

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, May I ask when you're flying the Aircraft is there any Obstacle? Generally speaking, when "forward obstacle sensing system" is turned on, and detects an obstacle in front it, you will get that message, at this moment, you need to stop and move the sticks. If aircraft is very close to the obstacle, the aircraft can only go up rather than forward, left or right, you must move stick backward and then control aircraft's directions. If you still receiving the notification you may give a try to calibrate the Vision sensor and Check as well if there's any dirt residue from the lens of the sensors.
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Did test flight in open area. No obstacles other than that I was standing. If you want i can fly far and see if the message still persists. Thanks
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

was there any sub beaming the front of the drone?

this is a weird problem DJI never fully been able to overcome is the sun falsely triggering obstacle avoidance system at times.     
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

No sun beaming. It was rather cloudy, i just wanted to fo a test flight. Not sure if its ok to fly further or not.
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-2 12:58
Hi there, thank you for reaching out, May I ask when you're flying the Aircraft is there any Obstacle? Generally speaking, when "forward obstacle sensing system" is turned on, and detects an obstacle in front it, you will get that message, at this moment, you need to stop and move the sticks. If aircraft is very close to the obstacle, the aircraft can only go up rather than forward, left or right, you must move stick backward and then control aircraft's directions. If you still receiving the notification you may give a try to calibrate the Vision sensor and Check as well if there's any dirt residue from the lens of the sensors.

Any further input?
2019-1-2
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I have this happen quite a bit when flying towards the sun around sun set. Just return the sticks to normal and fly at a slightly different angle. But if you're getting this with the sun behind the drone, probably time for a trip to DJI repair.
2019-1-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

vibs31 Posted at 1-2 14:58
Any further input?

Was the drone facing toward or away from you?

I would, again, go to an open area with no obstructions.   Raise it 3, then 4, 5, etc feet and watch for any reactions.  Then move it forward, again, checking for any messages or reactions?
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-2 16:18
Was the drone facing toward or away from you?

I would, again, go to an open area with no obstructions.   Raise it 3, then 4, 5, etc feet and watch for any reactions.  Then move it forward, again, checking for any messages or reactions?

Thanks will do it.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-2 16:33
Thanks will do it.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. If the result would be the same, then we would recommend re-calibrating the sensors of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if this would help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. You may refer to our video tutorial for sensor calibration.

2019-1-3
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 14:33
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. If the result would be the same, then we would recommend re-calibrating the sensors of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if this would help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. You may refer to our video tutorial for sensor calibration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum2h31g2pc

Thanks. Tried another flight with keeping drone away and did not have that message again.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-3 16:34
Thanks. Tried another flight with keeping drone away and did not have that message again.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. Glad to know that the concern has been solved. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support and always have a safe flight.
2019-1-4
Use props
djiuser_8uMPKHJV0MHF
New

United Kingdom

I've done every calibration and I'm still getting the error   As soon as I take off I'm getting "breaking return sticks to midpoint.

I need some help badly as my drone is only 9 months only.
2020-3-10
Use props
MoonDoggie59
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_8uMPKHJV0MHF Posted at 3-10 11:59
I've done every calibration and I'm still getting the error   As soon as I take off I'm getting "breaking return sticks to midpoint.

I need some help badly as my drone is only 9 months only.

Let's start with the simple stuff first.
How high are you lifting off to?
Is the drone pointing at you?
Are you standing too close?
If the forward sensors pick you up, you will get this error.Also, where is the sun located in relationship to your camera?
2020-3-10
Use props
djiuser_9clSE15E5VKq
New
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Vietnam

Same problem (((( no solution ?Warning: Braking now. Return sticks to midpoints, then continue flying.
2021-4-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_9clSE15E5VKq Posted at 4-7 15:23
Same problem (((( no solution ?Warning: Braking now. Return sticks to midpoints, then continue flying.

When drone senses an obstacle, it will brake if OA is enabled.
To get it going again release all stick inputs and next RC inputs have effect again.

It is normal behaviour.

cheers
JJB
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_AnpzfeFWpB2m
lvl.1
United States

There was a plane flying overhead when I got that error (return sticks to center). When the plane was gone I was able to resume without the error continuing to pop up. I was at 1000 feet. Haven't seen the error in any other situation.
2021-10-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_AnpzfeFWpB2m Posted at 10-29 04:47
There was a plane flying overhead when I got that error (return sticks to center). When the plane was gone I was able to resume without the error continuing to pop up. I was at 1000 feet. Haven't seen the error in any other situation.

First question, should you be at 1000ft in the first place?
Was the drone looking into the sun? Certain lighting conditions can trigger the OA.
At  1000ft is there any need for the OA to be on?
2021-10-29
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

If you are standing in front or the back of the drone it will do this and the disappear when you fly away. That is normal.
2021-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules