File splitting and transfer speed issues
1281 7 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueLeader
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I finally got to get my Osmo Pocket out for some decent filming today and I have hit two huge issues for me.

1) Filming continuous footage means files get split after 6:48.
As a choreographer and dance captain I have to use continuous takes to be able to get whole routines. I know this was a problem with the original Osmo a few years ago but will reformatting to exFAT fix this, does anyone know?

2) The file transfer speed to my iPhone (XR) is atrocious.
I have a new SD card that I’ve speed tested and it can handle high speed data read and write. One the packaging write is 90MB/s, read 150MB/s however when transferring data from the Pocket to my phone it’s running at 10MB/s
Any solutions of fixes for this?

I had presumed that letting the Osmo Pocket format the card would result in giving the optimal performance. If this is all that it is capable of then I’m likely to return is as that is unacceptable.
2019-1-2
Use props
BlueLeader
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok, so now I’ve managed to check the files the gap in recording is almost imperceptible so I’m less concerned with issue 1,however 2 is still a major beef for me.
2019-1-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Having used the OP for a little while now I'm finding issue 1 a little annoying still. I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (Class 10, U3, V30) Memory Cards, and although when the individual clips are placed together in editing the video joins up perfectly, there is often slight gaps in the audio. I've used the same type of cards with the GoPro Hero7 Black and although it also splits footage, there are no gaps in video or audio.
2019-1-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 1-2 15:41
Having used the OP for a little while now I'm finding issue 1 a little annoying still. I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (Class 10, U3, V30) Memory Cards, and although when the individual clips are placed together in editing the video joins up perfectly, there is often slight gaps in the audio. I've used the same type of cards with the GoPro Hero7 Black and although it also splits footage, there are no gaps in video or audio.

I'm finding complete dropping of audio in a second and third "clip"  After running the device continuously for just under 20 minutes ( while kids opened gifts ) at 1080p, 30fps, the video was in four clips.  After 2 minutes into the second clip there was no sound.  It wasn't blocked or muffled, just zero sound ( proven when viewed in the editor ).  At first I presumed that something occurred during the upload, but when I copied everything directly from the card to iMove on an iMac, the same missing sound at the same location.  Normally (with the Osmo and Zenmuse 1) I can stitch the videos together without any difficulty with sound sync.  Disappointing that a one time holiday video became a disappointment... we've got visual, but it's not a "talkie."
2019-1-2
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-2 19:55
I'm finding complete dropping of audio in a second and third "clip"  After running the device continuously for just under 20 minutes ( while kids opened gifts ) at 1080p, 30fps, the video was in four clips.  After 2 minutes into the second clip there was no sound.  It wasn't blocked or muffled, just zero sound ( proven when viewed in the editor ).  At first I presumed that something occurred during the upload, but when I copied everything directly from the card to iMove on an iMac, the same missing sound at the same location.  Normally (with the Osmo and Zenmuse 1) I can stitch the videos together without any difficulty with sound sync.  Disappointing that a one time holiday video became a disappointment... we've got visual, but it's not a "talkie."

That really is not acceptable at all, what memory card did you use? I have recorded for 30+ mins several times (4K 60fps fully auto) and only found the slight gaps in audio as I described.
2019-1-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 1-3 04:38
That really is not acceptable at all, what memory card did you use? I have recorded for 30+ mins several times (4K 60fps fully auto) and only found the slight gaps in audio as I described.

SanDisk 64 Ultra Plus US-1 w/read-write > 100MG Cl-10 U1 A1
Although not listed on the approved group 'by name' it meets their stated standard.
Formatted using the OP.  
2019-1-3
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-3 05:22
SanDisk 64 Ultra Plus US-1 w/read-write > 100MG Cl-10 U1 A1
Although not listed on the approved group 'by name' it meets their stated standard.
Formatted using the OP.

I don't think that memory card is fast enough (for 4K at least, perhaps it is for 1080p), the manual recommends speed grade 3, which is U3 on the card, you're using U1. Going by my experience using a U3 card and having slight gaps in audio (when clips end/start), perhaps video is given priority when recording, so when the OP/card can't keep up it just cuts the audio totally. Maybe DJI can tell us if that's the case.
2019-1-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 1-3 07:48
I don't think that memory card is fast enough (for 4K at least, perhaps it is for 1080p), the manual recommends speed grade 3, which is U3 on the card, you're using U1. Going by my experience using a U3 card and having slight gaps in audio (when clips end/start), perhaps video is given priority when recording, so when the OP/card can't keep up it just cuts the audio totally. Maybe DJI can tell us if that's the case.

That makes sense and coincidently my 128 GB just arrived Via US Postal...  As you have probably seen, there's lots of conflicting info from DJI on just what the " requirements" are... here are three screen prints (there's a fourth that names Samsungs specifically as well as the "other" category of 30MG+)...The first is from the online store, the second is from the Manual, the third is from the Forum Q&A.  And in the third, the link no longer goes to the list of Samsungs, but instead to the purchase accessories page for the SanDisks!  
Three sources of card standards.png
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules