OTG cable - what's the deal?
591 3 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JS1500
lvl.1
United States

I got my Spark a few weeks ago, and I purchased the OTG cable to use with my iPhone. Since then it has been working well. However, today I saw some comments online about some software updates that essentially made the OTG cable option not viable/less effective than it used to be at some point in time. I'm just confused because I have been able to fly using the OTG cable. Can someone help me better understand the situation?
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, With regards to your question. Meaning of this OTG cable is not fully optimized for the IOS yet that's why we still recommend using the wifi connection however using the OTG cable on the remote is just optional.
2019-1-3
Use props
Monkee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7149 ft
United Kingdom

Hiya,

I think this is more critical for us Android users, as apparently Android can't handle simultaneous WiFi and data connections, hence if you are connected to your controller via WiFi, then even with the phone online it won't pull-in the map data 'on-the-fly', whereas with the OTG cable being connected instead of WiFi, the phone will use it's 3G data connection for the map data.

I believe IOS users are unaffected, as they can use both WiFi and 3G together, hence you don't 'need' the cable the same was as android users do.
2019-1-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I've used OTG for both iPhone and Android. I recommend it. MUCH better than wifi.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules