DJI Pilot App with Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro - Waypoint Mission Flight
10343 8 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Does anyone know if the DJI Pilot app is intended to work with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro? It would be lovely if Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro are supported. If they are not, when can we get the waypoint mode?

I was able to connect Mavic 2 Zoom with the android version of the DJI Pilot app. Although I had to plug and unplug the USB cable several times for it to connect.

Also, does anyone know what exactly is the "height" setting in the Mission Flight mode? Is it the GPS height above the sea level? Is it AGL at each waypoint? It can't be relative to the home point right? I can't find anything in the manual. Hopefully, Mavic 2 won't fly into the ground when I try the mission flight. Are the obstacle avoidance sensors on during mission flight?

2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. with regards to the App, DJI Pilot is for DJI Enterprise Drone meaning DJI Pilot is not Optimize for DJI Consumer Drone, We highly recommend to use the correct DJI Application to the Aircraft.  About the Altitude(Height), I will clarify this first and will reach back to you. Thanks!
2019-1-3
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 14:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. with regards to the App, DJI Pilot is for DJI Enterprise Drone meaning DJI Pilot is not Optimize for DJI Consumer Drone, We highly recommend to use the correct DJI Application to the Aircraft.  About the Altitude(Height), I will clarify this first and will reach back to you. Thanks!

Hi Gamora,

Thank you for replying. I tested the mission flight mode. The "height" in mission flight is actually relative to the launch point. I suppose we need to launch from the same height each time; otherwise the route will be flied at different heights.

The DJI Pilot app works wonderfully. It already works with Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro. Why not just add official support for it? You then don't need to waste more time on adding the waypoint mode for Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro in DJI Go 4 app.

It is so much better than the Waypoint Mode of Mavic Pro. You can pre-define a route in the app before turning on the drone. In the old Mavic Pro waypoint mode, you have to physically fly through the route to save it. You basically have to waste a battery before the actual waypoint flight.

Currently, Pilot app just works a bit inconsistent with the connection from phone to remote controller. you might need to re-plug the USB cable a few times for it to connect. Everything else seems to work.
2019-1-3
Use props
djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28888 ft
South Africa

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

DJI have told me it's a third party app, it's not compatible with Spark and also that they can't open a case because they can't get the data from Pilot, even though I sent them the Pilot flight data via Google Drive.

DJI WILL find all sorts of excuses not to open a case if you use the Pilot app.
2019-1-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

AlexSW Posted at 1-3 15:45
Hi Gamora,

Thank you for replying. I tested the mission flight mode. The "height" in mission flight is actually relative to the launch point. I suppose we need to launch from the same height each time; otherwise the route will be flied at different heights.

I could not get it to find my Zoom.  Meaning, the Device and Drone never connected.  I tried the Pilot app about 3 or four times, changing the ON order of things.
2019-1-5
Use props
Finkman
New
Flight distance : 380663 ft
Germany

Hello Simon,

thank you for your enquiry!

Yes, the waypoint feature willl be added to the Mavic 2 shortly.
This will happen by means of an update.

Sadly I cannot tell you a exact date at the moment. But according to the information we have received from R&D, it shouldn´t be much longer.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
I´ll gladly help.

All the best for you!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,

Steffen S.

Technical Support DJI GmbH

I had asked the Service
2019-1-6
Use props
alexzark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124081 ft
Russia

Finkman Posted at 1-6 04:49
Hello Simon,

thank you for your enquiry!

It would be very nice if the route could be drawn on a laptop and then loaded into the dji go 4. For example, use Google map routes.
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_x8qBhnfGPIWi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 738970 ft
Bangladesh

Well, to be frank, I dont know what is exactly the problem of DJI is... nor i dont know what is their business plan. But here is my honest opinion: Enterprise version is fine ONLY when DUAL. Else yes, still you can add that TCAS (ADS-B receiver) in enterprise version. But again, the M2P is 20mp and M2PE is 12mp. I use M2P for mapping using pix4d but sometimes I really need the DJI app for several reason. But since m2p is great and even sometimes better than m2pe, I prefer to make maps (as more mp, detail map) using m2p. Now, and now, if DJI could invest some time on either pilot or GO 4 app, with the compatibility of m2p officially, then probably people would never used those pix4d software. (i'm talking about pix4dcapture).

Please DJI, I suggest to change the plans... this will make life easier and more better business.
2020-4-15
Use props
SALT19 | DRONES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696611 ft

United States

djiuser_x8qBhnfGPIWi Posted at 4-15 08:43
Well, to be frank, I dont know what is exactly the problem of DJI is... nor i dont know what is their business plan. But here is my honest opinion: Enterprise version is fine ONLY when DUAL. Else yes, still you can add that TCAS (ADS-B receiver) in enterprise version. But again, the M2P is 20mp and M2PE is 12mp. I use M2P for mapping using pix4d but sometimes I really need the DJI app for several reason. But since m2p is great and even sometimes better than m2pe, I prefer to make maps (as more mp, detail map) using m2p. Now, and now, if DJI could invest some time on either pilot or GO 4 app, with the compatibility of m2p officially, then probably people would never used those pix4d software. (i'm talking about pix4dcapture).

Please DJI, I suggest to change the plans... this will make life easier and more better business.

A more robust app would be wonderful!  The ability to do more with the drone natively and within the app vs using 3rd party would really be beneficial.
2020-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules