Panorama Foto 3x3 smaller in size and worse in quality
2932 12 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I just figured out that stiched panorama fotos, e.g. 3x3 have a pixel size of 2268x1699 pixel with a filesize of 1,4MB (JPG)
while one single foto (JPG) has 4000x3000 pixel with a filesize of 6MB.

What sense does this have? Am I missing something? I would have thought to have a stiched huge large foto that could
be printed out as a poster with highest possible quality. But having a panorama photo in a filesize of 1/4 and about 1/2 of
a single photo does not make any sense for me at all.

Best regards,
Alexander
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You are missing something, get the dji media maker app for windows or mac and drop the folder from the panorama and it will stitch full resolution for you. What you get on the phone is just a social media preview really.

Media maker
2019-1-3
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-3 17:11
You are missing something, get the dji media maker app for windows or mac and drop the folder from the panorama and it will stitch full resolution for you. What you get on the phone is just a social media preview really.

Media maker

DJI media maker 1.0.2 does not recognize the files from the pocket, at least for me on my Mac.
2019-1-4
Use props
TwiggyLobster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1978 ft
United Kingdom

TokyoStreetView Posted at 1-4 03:42
DJI media maker 1.0.2 does not recognize the files from the pocket, at least for me on my Mac.

Also with a Mac but it all works fine. Are you sure that you have the latest version of Media Maker?
2019-1-4
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

You are missing something, get the dji media maker app for windows or mac and drop the folder from the panorama and it will stitch full resolution for you. What you get on the phone is just a social media preview really.

Media maker

Thank you very much. It works fine on Mac

Having this feature with high resolution processed on my phone would save a few steps, but at least it works. And it works really good because it is fully automated (no cutting etc. in post).

Thanks and best regards
Alexander
2019-1-4
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

TokyoStreetView Posted at 1-4 03:42
DJI media maker 1.0.2 does not recognize the files from the pocket, at least for me on my Mac.

I started the sofware on the mac. Then i draged the specific panorama folder (with the included 9 photos) to the software. I chose 180 degree and chose the destination folder. After pressing start it took a few seconds (pretty fast) and it was processed perfectly.

Maybe you missed something. Sideinfo: the provided link did not find the mac version. I searched for the DJI media maker mac and it directed me via google to the correct mac software link.

Best regards, Alexander
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Webcruise Posted at 1-4 06:57
I started the sofware on the mac. Then i draged the specific panorama folder (with the included 9 photos) to the software. I chose 180 degree and chose the destination folder. After pressing start it took a few seconds (pretty fast) and it was processed perfectly.

Maybe you missed something. Sideinfo: the provided link did not find the mac version. I searched for the DJI media maker mac and it directed me via google to the correct mac software link.

Hi, the MAC link is just a few links below the windows version..
2019-1-4
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.2
United States

You are missing something, get the dji media maker app for windows or mac and drop the folder from the panorama and it will stitch full resolution for you. What you get on the phone is just a social media preview really.

Media maker

Also having issues with osmo pocket panos and latest Media Maker on windows, which i notice is Version 1.0 not 1.02.  The pano stitching (in 180 degree mode) often fails mid-process, outputs a pano that has large black sections, and/or doesn't incorporate all 9 photos.  

The timelapse function seems to work okay.
2019-1-4
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.2
United States

Actually nevermind, the timelapse seems to add unnecessary jitter and a moving black border on some edges.  C'mon DJI
2019-1-4
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

To get the maximum resolution panorama file to work with, do a 3x3 panorama and set it for .dng & .jpg,  Export the .dng files off of the card and use Photoshop of PTGui to stitch them together.  Export the finished panorama file in .tif at a bit depth of 16 bits, and I wound up with a file that is 1 GB.  
2019-1-4
Use props
nlam514
lvl.2
United States

I downloaded the DJI Media Maker for Mac, dragged the folder where it contains the 9 images from the 3x3 Pano, and selected 180 pano mode.  The end result shows the program only stitched the 3 images of the middle row.  The 3 images from the top row and 3 images from the bottom row are not in the stitched image.  What am I doing wrong?
2019-1-4
Use props
mimimomo
lvl.2
New Zealand

nlam514 Posted at 1-4 22:27
I downloaded the DJI Media Maker for Mac, dragged the folder where it contains the 9 images from the 3x3 Pano, and selected 180 pano mode.  The end result shows the program only stitched the 3 images of the middle row.  The 3 images from the top row and 3 images from the bottom row are not in the stitched image.  What am I doing wrong?

user 360 mode for 3x3 pano (9 photos), and 180 mode for 180 pano (4 photos)
2019-1-5
Use props
nlam514
lvl.2
United States

mimimomo Posted at 1-5 01:05
user 360 mode for 3x3 pano (9 photos), and 180 mode for 180 pano (4 photos)

The stitched image is the same whether I select 180 or 360 pano.  It turns out the program trimmed the top and bottom of the image automatically because that region was overexposed or underexposed, which might cause issues with the stitching.  I've tried with other 3x3 panos without exposure issues, and it stitched all 9 images without issues.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules