Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-s with Canon 5d Mark IV
9688 20 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

Just bought the Ronin-S, updated the firmware with no issues and using it with my Canon 5d mark IV & Canon 16-35 F4 IS L
Check compatibility chart and everything good to go
Using the supplied MCC cable to connect
When using the Ronin app to create Timelapse or Motionlapse the Ronin App will only trigger my 5div to take series of photos but not Timelapse Movie
5div has in camera Timelapse feature but greyed out when the cable is plugged in
The Ronin-s is being advertised capable of doing Timelapse and Motionlapse
How can the Ronin-s trigger my 5div to activate the Timelapse movie function ?

2019-1-3
Use props
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

Any updates ???
2019-1-9
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I will test mine tonight. I have the same setup.   One thing to check is to make sure you are in movie mode on 5d4.  Also when I experience operation issues between ronin s and 5d4 I shut everything down.  Pull the mcc cable from ronin briefly then plug back in.  Then power up camera 1st, ensure in movie mode, then power up ronin s.  This clears up the communication between 5d4 and ronin s.  This issue usually happens when I switch between photo mode and move mode.  
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

I did and have numerous calls with DJI - not helpful at all and mainly left my case without providing any apology or solution. They admitted it's false advertising and that the Timelapse & MotionLapse is a feature in the app to assist
My argument with them was - Has anyone heard of Timelapse or Motionlapse in photos and not movie ?????
Same like their drones & Osmo series - I have the Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro 2 Zoom, Phantom 4 Pro and the Osmo 4k & Osmo Mobile 2 - they will all do it on Movie mode
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

And you'll notice that once the MCC cable is plugged in - the TimeLapse feature in the 5d Mark IV is greyed out - Not available when USB cable is plugged in
So whatever external device plugged in should trigger the Timelapse or Motionlapse video since the parameters are set externally
2019-1-9
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Photo timelapse works on my 5dmk 4 with ronin s cable connected. I have not tried movie timelapse yet.  Will give it a try tonight.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

Really ???
Timelapse video or just photos ?
2019-1-9
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Photos. I will try video tonight. Also see earlier post this thread about power reset and pulling cable and replugging
2019-1-9
Use props
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

Well if its only photos then you'll need to stitch them and covert to a timelapse video
That's not how the Ronin-s was advertised and DJI is denying the fact although it's being promoted everywhere that it does - there's just no 2 versions of Timelapse or Motionlapse - and there's no photo version of Timelapse

Timelapse & Motionlapse is always in video format

DJI is not standing behind their product on this one
2019-1-9
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did not know that they advertised it would stitch them together. How could it possibly do that if it does not have access to the photos. Do you have a link to the DJI advertisement stating these features?
2019-1-9
Use props
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

All their advertising videos are showing the timelapse videos - no where does it say it does Timelapse Photos
There's no such thing as Timelapse or Motionlapse photos

It should be able to send the timelapse parameters to our cameras to trigger the in camera timelapse feature
At least thats what Zhiyun, Moza Air and other manufacturers are doing
2019-1-9
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It does time lapse photos see attached short video (link below) I did last night showing it executing a time lapse.  It will also do motion lapse with photos.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuT9DWysCOQggd8p_h5h8SP-YIb2mQ

2019-1-10
Use props
fansffe0ee78
lvl.2
Canada

So it doesn't trigger the Timelapse video which is not right
If needed we can just put our 5dIV on a tripod and use our in camera Timelapse feature and set the parameters in camera

That's my complain with DJI and they're doing nothing about it
2019-1-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I looked at the Ronin S product page videos and there in none showing time lapse video, only photo.  The differences on just putting it on a tripod is that you can program multiple points across the pan and tilt access with duration and stay times and the ronin s will execute the motions while triggering the camera.  There is a motion lapse video selection that I tested and it works.  There is a video on the product page showing this function, that works for me.
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

It only says Timelapse & Motionlapse and one should assume it's Timelapse Video / Motionlapse Video - Timelapse photo don't exist
I have a lot of photography gear - None of them does Timelapse Photo Mode
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

Yah but DJI is denying the fact
2019-1-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My assumption is you the offload the photos and run them thru your editor to create the video file.
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

Yes that would be the only way around it but I got it thinking it would do the video not that I have to stitch them in editor
DJI should look at all their drones and Osmo series - they all pretty much do it
I say DJI drop the ball on the Ronin-S and they're not backing up what's advertised
2019-1-10
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

yea, however; the big difference is the drones have built in or connected cameras to the drone.  The ronin is designed to use dozens if not hundreds of different models and manufactures of camera, mostly targeting higher end dslr with high mega pixel raw files that require significant processing and software to process.  Just looking at the ronin s as it stands you can see it is not designed to accomplish that.  Now if they put their own fixed mounted or limited selection of camera to a unit similar to this that may make it concievalbvle to work like their drones.  However; this device is targeted to the professional videographer / photographer whom processes their files to meet their standards as well as industry standards.  
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_eh6zIwxxt2X4
lvl.1

Canada

But the Ronin-s doesn't need to process them - it should be able to trigger our in camera Timelapse Video Recording feature - When I spoke to DJI Support, they all kinda hinted and assumed that it would trigger my in camera settings to record but soon to find out that it only takes pictures. They were lost and don't know what to do - Left my case without a solution.
Other Gimbal manufacturers do the same thing (Zhiyun, Moza Air, Feiyutech) - with the right cable provided their gimbals will trigger the in-camera Timelapse Video functionality - All the gimbal is doing is sending the parameter settings from their apps to the camera through the bluetooth connection on the gimbal.
This is nothing new - All other manufacturers have been doing it for years.
I chose the Ronin-S for the bigger more reliable motors and assuming that they wouldn't be outdated on their app and technology
2019-1-10
Use props
Almansour
lvl.1

Ah DJI Ah
Bad and bad and bad service after sale
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules