Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Want Our Cake and Eat It Too!
650 10 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Reading through the Pocket Osmo threads we find many "bugs" in this new device. Many blame DJI's release of the product befiore it was ready.
Yet, many of the other threads complain that the accessories aren't being released soon enough.

It appears that the "hard" accessories are beginning to ship - mounting adaptor, thumbwheel, and such. However, the wireless reciever is still on hold.

Maybe it's a matter of working out those software / firmware bugs before release?

Just a thought ...
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe they shouldn’t have released the product before it was ready then, or gave it to you tubers in a modified state just before Xmas to get us all on board,
2019-1-4
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Maybe some people shouldn't jump on a brand new product straight out of the gate. Rarely will new tech products be released without a few bugs.

Personally, I was going to wait a bit to purchase, giving time for the device to prove itself. But, my wife, knowing I wanted it, got it for my birthday.

I find some features lacking. But, since I never expected to shoot my next blockbuster hit on the little thing, I'm having fun with it, quirks and all.

I will give it some time and hope that  future updates will fix many bugs and fulfill some of my fantasies ....

2019-1-4
Use props
fans5d5cf133
New
United Kingdom

Agree on the timing of adoption, although I feel their contempt on quality and standards before releasing shows the eagerness to release something and get a half hearted response versus a decent take up regardless of even the accessories. The fact you can’t even choose 25p without a phone attached takes the p**s having spent my money and sticking with the brand. Plenty of other competitor products for us to switch to if they’re not careful. I doubt they’d release a product at the other end of the price spectrum without a fundamental aspect missing. I own their pro gear btw and swear by it.
2019-1-4
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Curt1591 Posted at 1-4 18:30
Maybe some people shouldn't jump on a brand new product straight out of the gate. Rarely will new tech products be released without a few bugs.

Personally, I was going to wait a bit to purchase, giving time for the device to prove itself. But, my wife, knowing I wanted it, got it for my birthday.

DJI have a long, long history of releasing their hardware before their firmware and software are finished. It's not that they only have bugs, the firmwares and functions are not even there. So, DJI announce their product with features that are not even in their products at release date - and we can never be sure they even get the functions they have been marketed to have. In many areas of the world this is called false marketing.

This have been the case with most of their released drones and hardware over all the years. The Inspire 2 had serious bugs this year that made it unusable, and they weren't fixed after several months, nearly half a year. The Inspire 2 was released in 2016.

While the hardware is often good, DJI lack the understanding of communication with their customers and their need, and their firmware/software are not quality wise even near the hardware. Too frequently bugs are not fixed, and new bugs are always introduced into their products  - even after several firmware updates.

The  camera specifikations also seem to drop in their product range, with the Mavic 2 Pro not being able to film real 4K (only UHD). This is also true for the Osmo Pocket.

I feel sorry when I read that DJI support can't help their customers here, either. I understand their situation - they are not in control over marketing and the software teams. But as a customer, I don't want to have answers like "I hope you understand", "We don't know if it will be fixed", "Please look at the homepage for news", "Thank you for your patience". Support should give clear answers - if they don't know the answer directly - they should investigate, talk to the software teams, talk to the boss, and come back with an answer to their customer. Copy and Paste responses without any information is meaningless.

When DJI's products do not work as announced or don't have features that they are announced to have, or bugs have been introduced that several users have identified, clear and precise answers to the customers are needed, and DJI support must be able to give that.
2019-1-4
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

Hi
It is time for the buyers to join forces and go to court against Dji. we buy dji products that are advertised with features that are then in the retail version does not exist and where it says, they will be re-supplied by firmware. OK ... when we ask when that will be, only copy & paste blahblah comes from dji. Well, if no proper communication with DJI is possible, then that must probably clarify a court. Because we, the buyers of DJI products, have entered into a sales contract with DJI. Unfortunately, DJI does not stick to this contract.
It would be very nice if a forum moderator who could submit the dji company director.

It's just a thought of mine
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I agree, I am not looking for additional functionality at the moment I only bought the device to help along side my other devices, 25/50fps. What disappoints me the most here is the lack of the features touted by the “reviewers” mainly cine like.

With most of the reviewer’s apparently loving these features and story mode then I can only assume these worked flawlessly, so why on earth did DJI not find them fit for the end product? While so far my unit performs very well I feel I have been misled with the marketing hype.
2019-1-5
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Fortunately, I haven't experienced DJI's long history of such chicanery. If I had, I wouldn't be buying anything from them.

Trick me once, ...

2019-1-5
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yeah I have always admired DJI products but have managed (just) to refrain from buying a drone just on a “would I use it” point of view. I had no idea the software and hardware would be released in such an unfinished manner from such an established company.

I am used to waiting on pre order equipment but not the software to make my purchase work properly. One exemption being BlackMagic Cinema equipment I own, if the features that brought me to the product don’t surface really soon I will return the osmo, as much as I want to love it the basic features missing like 25/50fps and cine like render the item no better than using my mobile to be honest.
2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

edeone Posted at 1-4 23:26
Hi
It is time for the buyers to join forces and go to court against Dji. we buy dji products that are advertised with features that are then in the retail version does not exist and where it says, they will be re-supplied by firmware. OK ... when we ask when that will be, only copy & paste blahblah comes from dji. Well, if no proper communication with DJI is possible, then that must probably clarify a court. Because we, the buyers of DJI products, have entered into a sales contract with DJI. Unfortunately, DJI does not stick to this contract.
It would be very nice if a forum moderator who could submit the dji company director.

Speaking of contracts, you will then be aware that when you activated your pocket, you agreed Not to sue dji, I’m not sure if this will effect your right to sue, but you should be able to return defective item for a refund.
2019-1-5
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-5 03:44
Yeah I have always admired DJI products but have managed (just) to refrain from buying a drone just on a “would I use it” point of view. I had no idea the software and hardware would be released in such an unfinished manner from such an established company.

I am used to waiting on pre order equipment but not the software to make my purchase work properly. One exemption being BlackMagic Cinema equipment I own, if the features that brought me to the product don’t surface really soon I will return the osmo, as much as I want to love it the basic features missing like 25/50fps and cine like render the item no better than using my mobile to be honest.

I own some BlackMagic equipment, too. I got the BMPCC4K camera a while ago. While I do wait for some announced features on it (BM RAW), everything that was supposed to work at release do work.

I intend to use the BM camera most of the time for my ground work, either on a handheld gimbal or stationary. But I thought the Osmo Pocket would be something to keep in my car or carry with me for those unplanned shots.

It's a bit sad to see that DJI keep on do hype marketing, without their products living up to it. It is also sad to see that basic stuff like doing a firmware upgrade fails for many people. Firmware updating have been a mess for more or less all DJI's products.

I had hope for some years that DJI would learn of us long-time customers, with all the mails and messages we have written over the years to DJI about things that must improve, but it seems they will never learn, or, they simply ignore us customers.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules