Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motion timelapse , Move-Shoot-Move and EOS R
1123 6 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M A R S
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi to all ,

This is my 1st time posting here .

I'm planning to buy a Ronin S to make motion timelapse using my Canon EOS R, My questions are :

1. When in motion timelapse mode , Does the Ronin S have a Move-Shoot-Move action were it would stop the movement to let the camera shoot , So that there will be no blur in the non moving parts of the images ?

2. Does it allow 25 or 30 seconds of exposure time for the camera with regard to the question number 1 ?

3. Can I use my EOS R with Ronin S doing questions number 1 and 2 while the Ronin S is in control of the procces , Meaning I don't have to resort to external intervalometer for the EOS R?

I hope anyone can answer and clarify this for me, I really need it , Because I will be travelling soon on a photo trip .

Thanks
2019-1-5
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

Hope this gets to you before your trip. At the moment, the EOS-R doesn’t have official compatibility. So it does not work with the motion time lapse through the Cable. I have not tried it with the IR cable, but it worked through the IR cable with my 5D mark II. It did move-shoot-move and I had long exposures as I was shooting indoors, but I was actually shooting in pano mode. My gear is all packed as I am transitioning to a new location. I can test it in a week or so maybe...
2019-1-13
Use props
M A R S
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi homesick , I just got my Ronin S today , I tried to motion lapse it on my EOS M6 with IR controller and it works, But the USB cable  doesn't, I also connected it to my EOS R via USB type C cable and when I push the record button on the Ronin S , It would start recording video , But I still haven't tried motion timelapse with the EOS R , Maybe tomorrow when I have more time , But I'm afraid because the EOS R don't have IR receiver , I'll update you if it works on the EOS R . Thanks for the reply .
2019-1-15
Use props
M A R S
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi again Homesick Nomad , I tried the Ronin S on the EOS R in motion timelapse twice using USB type C connection , It works !  But it cannot pull focus using my 50mm stm lens.
2019-1-15
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

M A R S Posted at 1-15 05:37
Hi again Homesick Nomad , I tried the Ronin S on the EOS R in motion timelapse twice using USB type C connection , It works !  But it cannot pull focus using my 50mm stm lens.

OH. Thats good news about the motion timelapse working!! I had not tested that part. But yes, it was frustrating not being able to effectively pull focus yet. I have seen it working on the GH5 and it works like a charm. CMON DJI!!!
2019-1-30
Use props
PelleFromSweden
lvl.1

Sweden

M A R S Posted at 1-15 05:37
Hi again Homesick Nomad , I tried the Ronin S on the EOS R in motion timelapse twice using USB type C connection , It works !  But it cannot pull focus using my 50mm stm lens.

This was a positive news but im curious of What worked and what settings you needed to do.
I have tried to make timelapse with my EOS R and Ronin S but it did not work as expected.
I was hoping thaqt the built in timelaps-function of the EOS-R could be fired of by the Ronin, and thus using the Motionlaps functionality on the Ronin, but thad did not work. When connected with the USB-C cable, the timelaps mode gets disabled in the EOS-R. I did however get the motionlaps to work when setting my EOS R to picturemode. It did take the photos all across the motion-track  configured in the Ronin app, bur i then have to stitch my 640 photos togeter in a movie by myself (in premiere then i guess).
This might be standard for you guys, but for me, i would have lioed to get a ready 4K mobie out  of the camerea, just as the EOS R can produce.

Which one of the above was it that you got to work?

2019-6-2
Use props
Bruiser
lvl.1

New Zealand

How are you finding the movement of the motion lapse? I have watched quite a few videos and the motion always seems jittery, not smooth at all. I'm considering buying an S for my R, but really unsure due to the time lapse and motion lapse current ability.
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules