Question on Cree strobes
644 6 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f8c1f1d
lvl.1

United States

Newbie here. If you have the Cree Strobes on the front of the Mavic Pro 2, does the flash interfere with the videos and photos? I would like to fly at dawn and dusk and want to be able to see and be seen at a distance but worried that the flash will blind the sensors. I plan on putting the sensors on the front Arms (Green and Red) and a white one on the back.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Since we're not recommending to use third-party accessories our customers we can't ensure if this would affect the videos or photos of your aircraft. Hope you'll get the best feedback from our valued customers who were able to use this accessory. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-5
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

It depends on lighting conditions.  I use a full set of crees. 4 of them. They make the drone very easy to spot if you lost momentary visuals .   

However in lower light conditions the flash may show up in your video. You can also try positioning the crees downwards this reduces the flashback so to speak. In Addition at very low light the crees may inter fear with the Mavic sensors especially when landing.  

I dont fly a lot in super low light conditions myself and have had no problems …
2019-1-5
Use props
lubecak
lvl.1

United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-5 14:49
It depends on lighting conditions.  I use a full set of crees. 4 of them. They make the drone very easy to spot if you lost momentary visuals .   

However in lower light conditions the flash may show up in your video. You can also try positioning the crees downwards this reduces the flashback so to speak. In Addition at very low light the crees may inter fear with the Mavic sensors especially when landing.  

thank you. Appreciate the help.
2019-1-5
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put one on front leg and one on rear and I've noticed no light being recorded when filming at night.
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Use a dog collar strobe. Visible for kilometers, small and a doddle to attach, cheap as chips
2019-1-6
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

This one can be useful to keep the pests away though it requires a small battery supply Police Strobe.
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules