First flight....after long wait.
600 10 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43022 ft
United States

Well after getting the bird last night, and then spending  a good portion of the morning getting everything charged up, firmware updated, and all the prelim set ups and optimizations taken care of....I got to finally fly it.  What night and day difference between little crappy toy models I had flown previously and the MP!   

Even though beginners mode is slow, and is limited, I still had a ball.  It's crazy how fast that battery alarm comes about...lol.
I understand where I heard on a video how nervous you are to unleash it at first.  I found myself very apprehensive to do anything at first.  Can't wait to have it soaring through the air, and figure out how to take some decent footage.  lol.

2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You are taking the right approach, don’t be in any hurry it’s an expensive purchase, in no time you’ll be flying full of confidence, keep reading the Manuals, they are your best friends.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience when flying the aircraft, Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-1-5
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Congrats on getting the MP.
I know how it feels to make that first flight. My hands shook on my first flight.
Just remember to fly safe and obey the law.
Looking forward to seeing your videos
2019-1-5
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all.   Yea, I looked at my initial footage.   I live out in the plains of Colorado.   It's flat, it's dry, and it's brown right now... BLA!   THEN I look at all the GORGEOUS footage you all post.  And I instantly feel extremely....BORING!  lmao!  With the exception of sunrise and sunsets.  They are gorgeous.  

Gotta get up to the mountains for some fly fishing.  Then I can shoot and post something worth viewing.

Anyway.  Thanks again.   
2019-1-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird.

Slow and easy is the way to go. Get to know your bird before unleashing it.

Have fun and fly safe.
2019-1-5
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Welcome to the forum and take it a little at a time and you will advance from there.
2019-1-5
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 15:07
You are taking the right approach, don’t be in any hurry it’s an expensive purchase, in no time you’ll be flying full of confidence, keep reading the Manuals, they are your best friends.

Perfectly stated !
2019-1-5
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Graphicjunkie Posted at 1-5 16:13
Thanks all.   Yea, I looked at my initial footage.   I live out in the plains of Colorado.   It's flat, it's dry, and it's brown right now... BLA!   THEN I look at all the GORGEOUS footage you all post.  And I instantly feel extremely....BORING!  lmao!  With the exception of sunrise and sunsets.  They are gorgeous.  

Gotta get up to the mountains for some fly fishing.  Then I can shoot and post something worth viewing.

Hi Graphicjunkie. If you are a fly fisherman then you are a gentleman. Lol I even tie my own flies.

So here is a linky to a great video to show you what is possible with a drone, a fly rod and some fat trout
2019-1-5
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Incredible video.  That is exactly the kind of "vision" I have for while I'm fishing.  My rivers are a tad bit smaller though for the most part.  That footage is simply breath taking.
I also tie my own flies.  It's a therapy thing for me.  Very stressful job...tying and fishing tune me out.

Thanks for sharing that.   Inspiring!
2019-1-5
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Graphicjunkie Posted at 1-5 20:41
Incredible video.  That is exactly the kind of "vision" I have for while I'm fishing.  My rivers are a tad bit smaller though for the most part.  That footage is simply breath taking.
I also tie my own flies.  It's a therapy thing for me.  Very stressful job...tying and fishing tune me out.

Yep, agree with the therapy bit. I tie my flies when there is crap on tv and the trout season is closed. That bloke in NZ (troutboynz) has a few more awesome videos that are worth watching.

Here is a sample of what my local lake has to offer (caught on a lure though)  - have to walk almost 200 meters to the water so next winter I think that my Mavic Pro (ET) shall come along to record the action

2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules