Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro - Not linking, binding or connecting to RC
11538 14 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karlp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

I replied to another thread where someone had a similar issue - but in case that one gets lost - here is my story.

I received my new Mavic 2 Pro around the end of November 2018.

For the first 4 weeks I have had nothing but smooth flying and have had zero incidents or issues and have used utmost caution when handling/shipping/flying my new expensive toy.

Fast forward four weeks - Suddenly, upon turning on the AC and the Remote, the AC would show flickering yellow leds on the hind legs (indicating that it's trying to connect/connection failure). The remote would stay in a "connecting..." state. Both units were fully charged and had flown succesfully two days earlier. My phone (Galaxy S7) could succesfully connect to the RC, but the RC and AC (aircraft) just didn't connect anymore.

I figured for some reason perhaps the two became unlinked so i proceeded to try and "re-link" (re-bind) them.

Now i'm no stranger to quadcopters/controllers/receivers and flight controllers - I've built a dozen or so FPV racers with various receivers and flight controllers and have done my fair bit of troubleshooting - so binding a drone/receiver to a RC is relatively straightforward to me - and in this case the instructions were clear - get the RC in the binding state by either using the button sequence, or by using the app. This i could do using both methods - and the RC would start with it's constant beeping and show the appropriate "binding" text.

My problem, however, was this:

Whenever i pressed the little bind button on the AC, the red bind light (which is supposed to light up) did not do so. It's like I just couldn't get the AC to go into Link/Bind mode. I tried holding it in, tried pressing firmly, lightly, multiple times - nothing worked...

Eventually i resorted to various firmware upgrades / downgrades figuring that maybe something on the mavic's firmware could cause the craft to not enter bind mode. (I've had multiple successful flights using 01.00.0200 prior to the sudden connection problems between the AC and RC and i have never had to re-link the AC/RC since they arrived linked when I received them). I attempted the firmware upgrades/downgrades using the DJI Assistant App on my Windows 10 desktop - using the app wasn't an option anymore, since the RC and AC could not connect.

Just like in the thread above i struggled for hours to get the firmware installations to complete - and when i eventually did, i still had the no-binding-light and just-connecting issue as described above.

Eventually i returned to the retailer where i purchased the Mavic - a very reputable local high-end camera dealership who are also official DJI suppliers. The guy in the shop basically did exactly what i tried, but with no luck (could not bind and could not update firmware/downgrade firmware or reset to factory settings).

They sent it away to the regional head office - and i have been informed that they too have not been able to get the two units to bind - and that they are now shipping the Mavic/RC and Battery to DJI China.

Now I live on the other side of the world (Cape Town, South Africa), and sending something to China and back takes upwards of 6 weeks (and is really expensive even by international standards).

They also took the liberty to inform me that should DJI decide to charge me for any "repairs" that i would be provided with a quote - and if I decide to decline the quote, i would be liable for the expensive shipping. All this for a product that failed 28 days after purchase.

What makes everything even worse is that my wife and I have an upcoming trip to the Philippines - we leave around mid-March. I purchased the Mavic mostly with this trip in mind - giving me a few months to get used to it before traveling and using it around the islands.

I am extremely disappointed with my purchase - the lack in local technical expertise/really bad after-sales support and the reliability of the unit itself.

Also - around here things are a bit more expensive due to taxes and all kinds of other rediculous reasons - so I dropped the equivalent of $1800USD on what is now essentially a useless paperwieght on its way to China.

I am quite sure I will never purchase another DJI product again.

2019-1-6
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

The other thread i was referring too is this one: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169241-1-1.html
2019-1-6
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hi I have the same issue and await a response from DJI  - first response to my quite detailed explanation was how to format a SD card! I 'd sent screen shots of the 'linking failed' screen messages when I follow the instructions. I also discovered during this process that the cable, to link aircraft to PC, didnt come with it and it also has no cable to connect a lightning device to the RC. I had a mavic pro before this and never had any issues- never had to link anything so not sure what's happening. Very disappointed so far with DJI response, logged thursday and no sensible reply yet
2019-1-19
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

Same here - no official reply from DJI yet (I won't hold my breath).

My MP2, battery and RC left South Africa on the 16th of January, so I'm hoping that it's in China by now.

TLDR version:

* MP2 was flying fine - zero issues and smooth flying
* After no changes or physical damage the MP2 suddenly could not connect to the RC anymore (it keeps on displaying "connecting" and the MP2 has yellow flickering lights)
* The RC could still successfully connect to my Android device (Galaxy S7)
* Both MP2 and RC were on the latest firmware at the time when the issue started - the same firmware was installed for multiple successful flights prior to the connection issues
* Using the little bind/link button on the MP2 doesn't seem to put it in binding mode (no red light illuminates)
* Attempting to re-link/re-bind the RC/MP2 fails - i can get the RC in binding mode with button combination or via the App, but it looks like the MP2 itself doesn't want to go into bind mode
* Multiple firmware upgrades/downgrades/factory reset attempts did not work (failing at different percentages)
* After multiple retries, I eventually managed to get the latest firmware installed on both the RC and MP2 again, but the connecting issue persisted
* After returning to the vendor they also attempted to do firmware downgrade/reset after giving up on trying to bind the RC and MP2 - but they also gave up on trying to get the firmware installed (failing constantly)
* Vendor sent to head-office - they also gave up on their troubleshooting attempts, and sent the MP2/RC and Battery to China for further inspection
2019-1-22
Use props
fansbcb88c78
New
South Korea

Hi.
I am a MV2 user in Korea and I have the same problem with you. And I have not found a solution yet.
2019-1-26
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

fansbcb88c78 Posted at 1-26 18:20
Hi.
I am a MV2 user in Korea and I have the same problem with you. And I have not found a solution yet.

Thanks for sharing fansbcb88c78. I'm sure there are more examples of people with the same problem.

Here is my timeline so far:

* 23/11/2018 - Purchase MP2 from reputable local dealer
* 28/11/2018 - Received brand new MP2
* 30/11/2018 - First flight
* 26/12/2018 - Last flight (after multiple flights in December , all with no issues or incidents)
* 27/12/2018 - Upon switching on, realize MP2 doesn't want to bind to RC anymore - cannot link MP + RC
* 28/12/2018 - Troubleshooting - attempt firmware downgrades/factory resets - about a 10% success rate with firmware installations. After confirming the issue persists with all versions of firmware installed on RC and MP2 - several hours later I eventually get newest firmware at the time back on MP2 and RC (01.00.0200). Still not working.
* 31/12/2018 - Returned to dealer where i purchased (on a Monday morning). Dealer checked in the MP2/RC/Battery after unsuccessful troubleshooting in store (also trying to install firmware, but with no success). Advised they will send to regional head office for further troubleshooting. No replacement.

* 03/01/2019 - Dealer's head office confirms via e-mail that there is an issue, and they will send to China with their next shipment (expected to leave on 16 Jan). They also mention that I will be liable for shipping to China if I decline any repair quotes that could be issued from DJI.
* 16/01/2019 - MP2 dispatched to DJI China (confirmed via email confirmation from dealer) - advised that there should a status update within 1-2 weeks.
* 27/01/2019 - (today) - no update yet - Not 2 weeks since dispatch yet, but I have now been longer without the MP2 than the time that I had it in my possession and in a working condition.

* 16/03/2019 - Leaving on an oversees trip - the reason for my purchase in the first place...

2019-1-27
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

At least I got a reply from DJI Mindy in another thread here where people complained about the time to honor warranties/replacements.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 931&pid=1735645

They asked me for a case number so that they can update me on the status.

I don't have a case number - the local vendor dispatched the MP2 to China - guess i'll follow up with them tomorrow, but I'm expecting a "no news yet" kind of response.

I do have the serial number, but I'm not sure if that helps at all.
2019-1-27
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

I received notice that my MP2 has been repaired under warranty and according to the local vendor, if all goes well at customs, I will likely have it back on 26/02/2018.

I also had to ask for it multiple times, but the pro-forma invoice from the repair people reads as follows:

"After carrying out the damage assessment, we found that the Core Board is damaged. Due to under warranty, DJI will provide free repair service"

I have now lost about a month and a half of flying time (and warranty time) due to a "Core Board" failure whilst taking great care when handling my new aircraft.

I have no guarantee that whatever happened won't happen again, and I have no idea what they used to do the repairs (a refurbished board perhaps???)

Throughout the process, the admins here have been helpful, but other than that, I'm really disappointed with the quality of the product and the after-sales support.

For the sake of all the other MP2 owners - I hope my story is unique.
2019-2-21
Use props
Nikita Panchenko
New
Flight distance : 280820 ft
United States

Just got mine in a week ago, out of the box was fine. Got ready to use it a day later and the controller came unpaired. No bind light on the AC and can't pair same as yours.
2019-4-2
Use props
djiuser_wnQ0hPMKDs9N
New

Belgium

I have the same issue. I have found a workarround but no permanent fix. I will send it back to Dji.

2019-4-17
Use props
jabk0912
lvl.1

United States

Did anything ever come of this?
Word for word, I’m having the same issue suddenly. :/
2019-6-10
Use props
Lorenzo Roncalli
New

Madagascar

Same issue but with solid red light.
Can’t connect my mavic2pro to the RC and also the link button light is off  (just a red flash when I turn on the drone).
Any solution?
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_XYJ0O3e8S4Ya
New

Australia

Guys,

I'm disgusted to be informed my new Mavic 2 pro which has only flown one hour and then refused to connect to the remote control has been quoted for a repair.

This was only one hour old and has never impacted anything.

As per DJI

The remote controller core board malfunction. The aircraft middle frame module cracked. Test will be performed after repair.

COST= $335.00

NOT MY FIRST DRONE.

NEVER CRASHED MY MAVIC 2 PRO

THIS IS DISGUSTING

2019-10-29
Use props
gerrythedub
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, controller not connecting despite following the instructions. Has anyone come up with a solution. I have had only one 20 minute flight with no probelms & I also had purchased a PGYTech Box for carry and Storage.( so no problems there)

Frustrated to say the least.
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_SM6JxdmXlvp2
New

Australia

djiuser_wnQ0hPMKDs9N Posted at 2019-4-17 06:53
I have the same issue. I have found a workarround but no permanent fix. I will send it back to Dji.

What was the workaround?
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules