Dji Ronin-s ( problem with lock mode)
14989 23 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikbak
New
United Kingdom

When i press and hold the trigger to Lock the orientations of the gimble it dosnet work. Is it a problem with the gimble or something else?
Thanks in advance.
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mikbak, when pressing and holding the Trigger, the Profile  LED indicator blinks green, the camera's orientation will be locked, it will keep looking forward when moving the gimbal. Any chance to share us a short video of the issue you are having for further support?
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_lrTnPJX9DWuY
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 00:23
Hi Mikbak, when pressing and holding the Trigger, the Profile  LED indicator blinks green, the camera's orientation will be locked, it will keep looking forward when moving the gimbal. Any chance to share us a short video of the issue you are having for further support?

I just got my brand new ronin s and I have the same problem! When I press and hold the trigger the light blinks green but does not stay locked and straight while I move! I does work to re center and turn 180 but just the lock does nothing. I tried updating the software but didn’t do anything m...
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_lrTnPJX9DWuY Posted at 5-6 07:32
I just got my brand new ronin s and I have the same problem! When I press and hold the trigger the light blinks green but does not stay locked and straight while I move! I does work to re center and turn 180 but just the lock does nothing. I tried updating the software but didn’t do anything m...

Hi there, could you please share us a short sample video so that we can verify what the problem is? Thank you in advance.
2019-5-8
Use props
takex36
New

Japan

did this problem solve? because i have the same issue of not locking when pressing the trigger.
2019-5-12
Use props
gregorymichiels
lvl.1
Belgium

Im having the same problem here,lock mode doesnt work by clicking once,clicking  twice to recenter works and clocking 3 times for selfie mode also works.
Dji,you have a solution for this?
2019-5-12
Use props
fans2dd71a2d
lvl.1
Qatar

Have the same problem. I just got mine a few days ago
2019-5-21
Use props
Wilko55
New
United Kingdom

i have the same issue as those above, camera still moves when the trigger is pressed (which is supposed to stop it moving), have update to latest version of firmware, still same issue
2019-5-26
Use props
fanscedb9783
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237005 ft
United States

Did DJI stop responding to this issue and swept it under the rug? I am having the same issue and not getting any answeres. I'm about to return the product but it's such a shame because I was really looking forward to using it. They always want a video and I'm sure they have seen this issue many times. Come in DJI North America you can do better.
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_2OPE7jvQJCV1
New

Italy

Hi there.
I think there is a misunderstanding with this 'lock' mode.
I guess it would have been called 'unlock' or 'unfollow on just the rotation around handle' mode.
When you hold down the button, the gimbal will NOT try to follow your rotational movement. You rotate the gimbal around his handle, and the gimbal will NOT try to follow your rotation.
When the button is not hold, (how fast and after how big the movement)depending on the parameters you set in the various User profiles)  the gimbal will follow  all your movements.

If you want just to go around with your gimbal without him trying to neutralize your movement, hold down the M button, not the trigger button.
Hope this help.
2019-6-6
Use props
reformdesigns
lvl.1
United States

I'm also having issues with this.
2019-6-24
Use props
fans4fec9ea8
New

I'm assuming when you double press it doesn't reset to the middle as well. If it is, it's because the trigger is not working.

I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

When you open up the 5 screws from the bottom of the motor (where you connect the battery), if you press on the trigger button, you should see 2 more screws stick out. The reason those screw sticks out when trigger us pressed down is because it is loose.

Simply screw those screw tight again, and then put everything back. Everything will be working again!
2019-9-17
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1960591 ft
  • >>>

I'm having the same issue. I've had this gimbal since it first came out and originally holding the lock button actually locked the gimbal. Some firmware update broke this. DJI, please address this issue.
2019-10-15
Use props
fans3ef10946
New

Brazil

The command that locks the orientation of the camera is the M button, not the trigger. Just press and hold the M button.
2020-1-22
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

fans3ef10946 Posted at 1-22 06:50
The command that locks the orientation of the camera is the M button, not the trigger. Just press and hold the M button.

Thanks for the M button solution. Just curious, the DJI suggested to use the trigger button on their official video. Whereas our trigger doesn't work but the M button. How do I map the M button to trigger button instead?

I couldn't paste the URL here. You can search for these keyword on YouTube, should be the first 1.
DJI Tutorials - Ronin-S - Operation
By DJI tutorials

Thanks for the help.
2020-1-30
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDwO4_9ECY4
2020-5-24
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

M button locks the camera so it moves with you... front trigger locks the camera regardless of the handle orientatation or height. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDwO4_9ECY4
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_mygTFoZfZR0R
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have experience the EXACT PROBLEMS as stated here.

Pressing down the M button works, but I think that's more of a hack. Nothing like what everyne is saying on YouTube.I have had nothing but grief and have only powered up twice to attempt to resolve this.

VERY ANNOYED DJI.

Today I complained to Amazon and requested a refund. and I'm expecting a call from DJI on Tuesday.

PS. I have tried using the Ronin S with the M button down and I think it's still jinky. Not super smooth at all like the YouTubers have shown. I shot at 50fps (plus the ninja walk) and that helped, but sorry not 100% convinced.

DJI PLEASE HELP US
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv
New

Turkey

In the last update, ronin sc lock mode does not work when I press the trigger, how do I solve the problem
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv
New

Turkey

Added new feature for locking mode sports mode Pressing the click button M + 2 times to lock without holding down the lock button.

2020-9-12
Use props
themadisonmcr
lvl.1

Hong Kong

djiuser_uUGBSbaLYGSv Posted at 9-12 01:09
Added new feature for locking mode sports mode Pressing the click button M + 2 times to lock without holding down the lock button.

That helps a lot!!! Thanks for reminding bro!!
2020-9-13
Use props
fans83f843a8
New

Spain

fans4fec9ea8 Posted at 2019-9-17 06:41
I'm assuming when you double press it doesn't reset to the middle as well. If it is, it's because the trigger is not working.

I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

You are a genius!

On a shoot and experiencing this problem. Did just as you said (though there were 6 screws to open, not 5, in the base), tightened the two small screws of the trigger (only one of them was lose, actually) and it’s working perfectly again. Thanks so much, you’ve saved me!
2023-1-24
Use props
fans83f843a8
New

Spain

fans4fec9ea8 Posted at 2019-9-17 06:41

On a shoot and experiencing this problem. Did just as you said (though there were 6 screws to open, not 5, in the base), tightened the two small screws of the trigger (only one of them was lose, actually) and it’s working perfectly again. Thanks so much, you’ve saved me!
2023-1-24
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

gregorymichiels Posted at 2019-5-12 06:20
Im having the same problem here,lock mode doesnt work by clicking once,clicking  twice to recenter works and clocking 3 times for selfie mode also works.
Dji,you have a solution for this?

Hi Gregory, not sure if you are still around on this forum. How did you solve this lock mode problem.  I have just activated my RS2 after 2 years of not using it and found the same issue as you.
2-13 00:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules