Precision return to home issue
823 5 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I was filming at scrap yard the other day and used the return to home button and the mavic 2 zoom started to return, then as it started to land  the precision landing was not that acurate and the drones props just slightly clipped a car, the drone recovered and i had to manually land i noticed that the omidirectional sensors where switched off while landing, tried  the return to home again today on a big open field and the sensors switched off while landing again, when the drone had landed the sensors came back on again, so does anyone know why the sensors would switch off while landing with return to home,
press return to home, drone returns with sensors on
drone starts to land, sensors switch off

i have checked all my settings and all seems ok
landing protection is on
RTH obsticle check is on

Cheers Roy

2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Roy. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and thank you for sharing this experience with us. Is the fiirmware of your drone on its latest update? If incase this issue will happened again on your next flights. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional assessment on the drone and for additional help. Thank you.
2019-1-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always stay on guard in case the precision landing fails on my(which it haven't), when taking off hover at around 20 ft up for about 15 secs to let it remember its GPS location and take mental pix of the area.
2019-1-6
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Lucas, yeah always wait for the notification of home point set, just never noticed this  issue before , if there was something in the way when landing the drone would stop but now it does not, checked all my settings and everything seems ok, just have never tried precision return to home with  things in close proximity like 2 metres away, i do hope is not faulty as this is my second drone  as my last one had a faulty battery, but DJI didn't honour the warranty as per, they had my drone for around a month and sent me this one, going to re do the firmware reinstall the app blah blah blah. thanks for your reply

Cheers Roy
2019-1-6
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Found this on youTube if you watch from about 4:50 you can see that the sensors get switched off

Cheers Roy
2019-1-6
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Been out today testing the return to home, and if you walk under the drone while landing it stops and avoids a collision but if you walk towards it while at face or body height it will hit you, i just don't understand why the sensors switch off while landing, can someone tell me please

Cheers Roy
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules