Map button on Focus Wheel to Auto Focus
3585 4 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Whilst it is OK to have the focus as a half press on the record button I am always hesitant to use it in case I press too hard and stop recording.  It would be great to have the ability to use the button on the focus wheel as an auto focus, at the moment I can’t see any use for it.
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Toadovision, the AutoFocus way in Ronin-S should be the same as the camera, half press the Camera Control button to autofocus, the Malfunction button on the Focus Wheel is used to control the Focus Motor like calibration and so on, but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development.
2019-1-7
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank You,
It is difficult to be certain of a light half press whilst carrying the gimbal, taking the focus initiation away from the stop start would be very sensible.

Where can I find information on how to use the button on the Focus Wheel?

John
2019-2-24
Use props
jsetzer99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69249 ft
United States

This would be a very welcome feature.  
2020-6-17
Use props
warwickajonesgmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I third this—although I believe the focus wheel only works with Movie Servo AF off, meaning tap to autofocus on the focus wheel isn’t optimum.

To be honest, I’d love the ability to map the focus wheel button to toggle Movie Servo AF on my Canon camera. I somehow doubt this is possible though.
2022-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules