DJI seems to be evil like Apple
12444 49 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 15:13
Biggest problem with myths is those who at the drop of a hat give them credence, you will note from the photo below the forum administrator yes head honcho of this forum clearly explains djis policy in this thread, you will also know if you care to read That thread the OP completely refused to produce his litchi flight log, I wonder why, I thought this conversation was pretty civil, but I now see you are here to create more hysteria, the fact the you ignored most of that thread to post ridiculous comment shows you are not bothered about the truth, I understand why now your thread was removed, read administrator comments below.
[view_image]

You started using the word hysteria. Gunship9 started making insinuation that I might want to do illegal delivery.

Anyway, please don't start fighting so that this thread will get deleted. My apologies to you if you are offended.

Would it be possible for you to find me a thread where a drone is lost but DJI honoured warranty from Litchi log alone without the onboard log on the drone? I just want to be safe and know that I am still covered by warranty if a drone is lost while using Litchi. If this is a myth, wouldn't it be better to clear this up?

Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AlexSW Posted at 1-7 15:29
You started using the word hysteria. Gunship9 started making insinuation that I might want to do illegal delivery.

Anyway, please don't start fighting so that this thread will get deleted. My apologies to you if you are offended.

I’m sure if you look hard enough you will find it, you will also see in same thread part of your warranty agreement djis position on third party add ins it’s pretty clear and clearly says that damage must be caused by the third party add on.
2019-1-7
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 15:37
I’m sure if you look hard enough you will find it, you will also see in same thread part of your warranty agreement djis position on third party add ins it’s pretty clear and clearly says that damage must be caused by the third party add on.[view_image]

Like I said, I double checked on this Litchi warranty issue after you said that warranty will not be voided even while using Litchi.

From the cases I have seen, the current policy seems to be:
  DJI can honour warranty if the craft is recovered and the on-board drone log can be checked.
  DJI will void warranty if the craft is lost and Litchi log alone is available.

Do prove otherwise if you can. On the other hand, DJI GO 4 app log can be accepted for warranty.

When plotting a route in Litchi, I like to stay above water as much as possible as it is safer. However, it does mean the drone won't be recoverable if it did malfunction.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AlexSW Posted at 1-7 15:56
Like I said, I double checked on this Litchi warranty issue after you said that warranty will not be voided even while using Litchi.

From the cases I have seen, the current policy seems to be:

What cases are you talking about, if someone presented a case and put up the litchi log that clearly proves that it was an aircraft malfunction then maybe you can show me this with the log, bare in mind this is also the case with dji go4, but I haven’t seen any None Nada, also show me cases were app cause aircraft to crash with logs to prove what your saying otherwise it’s only gibberish.
Gunship above is correct in most of what he says but I’m afraid you are only adding to the myth.
2019-1-7
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 16:20
What cases are you talking about, if someone presented a case and put up the litchi log that clearly proves that it was an aircraft malfunction then maybe you can show me this with the log, bare in mind this is also the case with dji go4, but I haven’t seen any None Nada, also show me cases were app cause aircraft to crash with logs to prove what your saying otherwise it’s only gibberish.
Gunship above is correct in most of what he says but I’m afraid you are only adding to the myth.

Here, 30 second of google search:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... or-neglected.26603/

You are also welcomed to contact djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR to verify his statement.

To make sure we are talking about the same thing. I am saying that DJI would not honour warranty if a drone is lost while using Litchi and the drone cannot be recovered to assess the on-board log. DJI would not accept Litchi log for warranty claim.

If you cannot provide proof otherwise, this is not a myth.

If what Gunship9 saying is mostly correct, why does DJI Pilot app even exist? How about that waypoints2 you mentioned?

You also use Litchi. Did you program the flight at your desk the night before for drone package delivery without you being anywhere near the flight?

If I understand correctly, Litchi needs to pay a license fee to DJI to access the SDK. When we buy Litchi, part of our payments goes to DJI for the license. In effect, we have paid DJI for the privilege to use Litchi.

Litchi is DJI approved. We are not talking about hacked and unauthorised third-party programs. Why would DJI not honour log from Litchi? Where do Litchi logs come from? Are they not from DJI’s API? Why do we suffer penalty to warranty when using DJI approved app?

To summarise:
4 months and still no waypoint mode for Mavic 2
Cannot use DJI Pilot as it voids warranty
People like you on the forum will then suggest using Litchi.
However, DJI would not honour warranty if a drone is lost while using Litchi.

If DJI policy has changed and it now does provide the same warranty for using Litchi or DJI GO 4, please do get a DJI staff to confirm this.
2019-1-7
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 16:20
What cases are you talking about, if someone presented a case and put up the litchi log that clearly proves that it was an aircraft malfunction then maybe you can show me this with the log, bare in mind this is also the case with dji go4, but I haven’t seen any None Nada, also show me cases were app cause aircraft to crash with logs to prove what your saying otherwise it’s only gibberish.
Gunship above is correct in most of what he says but I’m afraid you are only adding to the myth.

Oh, forgot to add.

If Gunship9 can hack the Litchi log, he can also hack the DJI log right?

He will probably make an accusation that I would commit insurance fraud and false claim my car is stolen next. I will get 2 cars right?
2019-1-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

AlexSW Posted at 1-7 20:29
Oh, forgot to add.

If Gunship9 can hack the Litchi log, he can also hack the DJI log right?

I can hack the DJI log but because it is their encoding, they will know if the data is messed with.  With the Litchi log, they don't know if it is messed with or untampered with because it isn't their software.  It is a third party app.

No one is going to cover drone loss using only third party app data as evidence the drone failed.  I mean in cases where the mishap drone is not returned to DJI for examination.  

Yes, I have very little faith in online posters' ethics when it comes to getting a free drone replacement.  They seem to be "evil like Apple."  I don't know if you are a New York Times reporter (lowest of the low) or Mother Teresa (high ethics).  

Spark charge.gif
2019-1-8
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 1-8 14:42
I can hack the DJI log but because it is their encoding, they will know if the data is messed with.  With the Litchi log, they don't know if it is messed with or untampered with because it isn't their software.  It is a third party app.

No one is going to cover drone loss using only third party app data as evidence the drone failed.  I mean in cases where the mishap drone is not returned to DJI for examination.  

That’s baloney.

DJI do honour warranty for drone lost while using DJI GO 4. As you can hack DJI log, you can easily make false claim with DJI as they won’t be able to double check the on-board log. Can I make the same accusation as you? Have you cheated some free drones out of DJI?

If you want to use the imaginary frauds as excuse to not honour warranty, there is a possibility that anything can be hacked.

Please stop calling Litchi as “third party app” as an excuse. Litchi is DJI approved app. As you do have experience with programing, you should know that it’s not hard to require the same encrypted log through the API. Like I said, we actually pays for Litchi license with DJI. Why release the SDK if you don’t want people to use it? You cannot charge people for license of the SDK, then also use it as an excuse not to honour warranty. How nice to have the cake and eat it too?

It’s fine not to have faith with online posters. It’s not fine to randomly accuse people of crime. By your standard, would it be reasonable for me to also accuse you of being a paid fake poster from DJI? Do you know that astroturfing is also technically illegal?

So, please. Be skeptical but don’t be rude.
2019-1-8
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

AlexSW Posted at 1-8 15:10
That’s baloney.

DJI do honour warranty for drone lost while using DJI GO 4. As you can hack DJI log, you can easily make false claim with DJI as they won’t be able to double check the on-board log. Can I make the same accusation as you? Have you cheated some free drones out of DJI?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" the question I asked if DJI controlled the third party app so people couldn't modify the log to get a second drone to go with the first they pretended to lose.  It was a question about an app log encoding and if it could prevent such devious behavior.

Fine.  You claim DJI covers lost drones when only the Litchi log is available to determine what happened.  I am not sure about the supporting evidence you provided that they do.  But, that is nice news for Litchi pilots.

I claimed DJI won't cover such drones and presented why they shouldn't.  Seems poor business practice and a good way to go bankrupt.  Would it be rude to call them "evil like Apple?"  I figured it was rude and that courtesy was off the table.
2019-1-8
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 1-8 20:50
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" the question I asked if DJI controlled the third party app so people couldn't modify the log to get a second drone to go with the first they pretended to lose.  It was a question about an app log encoding and if it could prevent such devious behavior.

Fine.  You claim DJI covers lost drones when only the Litchi log is available to determine what happened.  I am not sure about the supporting evidence you provided that they do.  But, that is nice news for Litchi pilots.

I said DJI “seems” to be evil. It’s a statement of my feeling.

I do complain too much. But like I said, it’s out of frustration from DJI behaviours. What else can I do besides complain to vent? It’s not like DJI would change until a competitor shows up. How many years did it take for Apple to change just a bit?

I claim DJI “should” honour the same warranty as DJI Go 4 for DJI approved apps especially where license fees are paid. Where did you read that I said they current do? The complaint is that they don’t.

It’s not like it’s extremely hard or costly to ensure the same encrypted log are saved by a DJI approved app through API.

Please do note that I am not asking for any more than their normal warranty. Please also don’t use hacked log as an excuse. If people want to commit frauds, prosecute them under the law.

However, I suppose only a “not evil” company would put in the effort to honour their own warranty. A “not evil” company would not delay a feature; drive customers to pay more for another approved and licensed app for the said feature; and then use it as an excuse to reduce warranty obligations at the same time.

I don’t know. Would be interesting if this is tested in a class action suit.
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules