New Osmo Pocket Firmware Released(2019/1/7)
123Next >
18955 90 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_L6Hnhl3vnAXn
New
United States

Hi DJI Support.

I've been waiting for the Story mode all along since I got my Osmo Pocket and I was expecting it on the firmware update. Didn't come.

When Should we expect this awesome feature?
Thiago Lopes
2019-1-8
Use props
Enzo65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734485 ft
United States

Was 24fps removed, even from Pro mode???  How can this be?
2019-1-8
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 06:22
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, please restart the APP and Osmo Pocket and then update for three times, if it still fails, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

can you let me know if the 'horizontal' tilt will also be added to the next firmware? because right now - it is difficult to use "only" having vertical up/down tilt, thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_izrrMfpzFcZp Posted at 1-8 06:29
Hi Mindy,
I tired many times already still failed, i am taking my osmo pocket to retail store tomorrow.

Sorry for this situation, hope your retail store will help you out.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_L6Hnhl3vnAXn Posted at 1-8 08:05
Hi DJI Support.

I've been waiting for the Story mode all along since I got my Osmo Pocket and I was expecting it on the firmware update. Didn't come.

Hi Thiago Lopes, Story Mode is estimated to be available in the next APP update, thanks for your patience.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Enzo65 Posted at 1-8 08:08
Was 24fps removed, even from Pro mode???  How can this be?

Hi Enzo, 1080P 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution have been added to basic settings, the Pro Settings weren't changed, may I have a screenshot of your Pro mode?
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiguy001 Posted at 1-8 12:27
can you let me know if the 'horizontal' tilt will also be added to the next firmware? because right now - it is difficult to use "only" having vertical up/down tilt, thanks!

I'm afraid not, you can purchase Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel which is equipped with a dial for precise pan and tilt control.
2019-1-9
Use props
fans81cb94fa
New

United Kingdom

Roger1167 Posted at 1-7 11:39
After fw update not able to use usb c on bottom of op for a wired connection. Can anyone check and see if this is a problem for all op owners. Please

You are correct. The cable I purchased only the other day no longer works
2019-1-9
Use props
jaocky chand
lvl.1

India

cricbuzz.com
2019-1-9
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 02:08
I'm afraid not, you can purchase Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel which is equipped with a dial for precise pan and tilt control.

Can you let me know when it will be added?

Because it is pretty inconvenient having to have the "extra" wheel - especially when it does not fit in the pocket travel case (so need a 'separate' item just to carry the wheel), plus there will be wear & tear if you constantly put it on/off/on/off.

It doesn't seem to make sense why only the veritical tilt would be there, but not the horizontal tilt. Other gimbals such as the removu4k & gopro have it built in...

Can you please request the engineering team include that in the next firmware? Because it is something very important that should be there.

Thanks
2019-1-9
Use props
Freak78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112733 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI DJI Suport,

I am still waiting for the update that prevents the Osmo pockets battery to be drained by my Phone Android.

2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_UFHqfz2ZHdnl
lvl.1
United States

Is there any way to lock exposure without using a phone?
2019-1-9
Use props
tejo
lvl.2
Italy

Give us d-cinelike as shown in the reviews and ads. I bought it for that ad now it's collecting dust on my desk. I think I might send it back to you...
2019-1-9
Use props
tejo
lvl.2
Italy

Perfect, you also broke a thing I was using. No more wired connection from the bottom connector. Useless update ever. Damn.
2019-1-9
Use props
awulff
lvl.1
Sweden

I really need support for saving 4K footage to iphone 7 plus. I don't even use a computer. I'm transfering the footage to the iphone and edit it on ipad pro.
It can't be that hard, because I can save footage from Filmic pro in 4K to the camera roll.
2019-1-10
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

awulff Posted at 1-10 01:32
I really need support for saving 4K footage to iphone 7 plus. I don't even use a computer. I'm transfering the footage to the iphone and edit it on ipad pro.
It can't be that hard, because I can save footage from Filmic pro in 4K to the camera roll.

There is another option, though it is a bit awkward but it works. put the sd-card in a memory stick for the iphone and copy the file into the photo-folder. I have done it some times.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-1-10
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Udo13 Posted at 1-10 02:31
There is another option, though it is a bit awkward but it works. put the sd-card in a memory stick for the iphone and copy the file into the photo-folder. I have done it some times.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01ARQDNFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What is better 4k 30p or 4k 60p? I create video projects generally in 4k 30p. At 4k 60p one would have more options, e.g. also a small slow motion and thus even more reassurance pans to get
2019-1-10
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Roger1167 Posted at 1-7 11:39
After fw update not able to use usb c on bottom of op for a wired connection. Can anyone check and see if this is a problem for all op owners. Please

I have updated to F/W: v01.03.00.20 and the USB-C port works fine. Did you remove the phone adapter that is plugged in just below the window? USB-C port will not work if the phone adapter is in place.
2019-1-10
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I hope for a future update where we can switch to toggle between Basic and Pro modes to have all Pro mode options in the Osmo Pocket if desired. It is very time consuming to have to connect the phone each time you want to go back to Pro mode because it exists Pro mode each time you want to take a photo or do something different and then there is no way to go back to Pro mode unless connecting the phone again. Please put all Pro mode options on the Pocket! Thank you!
2019-1-10
Use props
zanve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2222415 ft
  • >>>
Italy

There are things that could still be fixed:

Timelapse in 4k with the ability to enter the Path without connecting it to the phone.

Timelapse with intervals of 0.5 "1" 2 "

Slomotion without that absurd crop.

Pano mode with 2/3 photos, 4 are often too many!

Pano Spherical mode

Possibility to set the pro mode without connecting it to the phone.

2019-1-11
Use props
ArmaX
New
Ukraine

Thanks for great new update!

Just one issue that I noticed in DJI Mimo  iOS app:
I have Bluetooth button on my selfie-stick for iPhone.  It just duplicates "Volume Up" button on iPhone, so I can make photos with built-in camera app just with button, not touching phone display.
Please, can you add this feature to next Mimo APP version? That would be super-useful to start video-shooting or make photo with accessories or Volume Up button, when Osmo Pocket connected to iPhone (same as on iPhone standard camera up). Thanks!
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiguy001 Posted at 1-9 07:52
Can you let me know when it will be added?

Because it is pretty inconvenient having to have the "extra" wheel - especially when it does not fit in the pocket travel case (so need a 'separate' item just to carry the wheel), plus there will be wear & tear if you constantly put it on/off/on/off.

I will transfer your need to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thanks for your feedback.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Freak78 Posted at 1-9 13:33
HI DJI Suport,

I am still waiting for the update that prevents the Osmo pockets battery to be drained by my Phone Android.

Hi Freak78, when the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA), I'm afraid there is nothing we can do temporarily, to make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiivan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

why the gimbal does not return to the normal position after turn off with the new firmware upgrade? Firmware 01.03.00.20
Does anyone have similar condition?
2019-1-11
Use props
djiivan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

just link this LINK
2019-1-12
Use props
awulff
lvl.1
Sweden

Udo13 Posted at 1-10 02:31

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01ARQDNFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I know. I had to buy a memory card reader. But it’s not a smooth experience to remove the memory card every time. Defeats the purpose of already having the phone connected to the gimbal. It’s not what I expected.
2019-1-12
Use props
fansce6d4c4a
New

United Kingdom

awulff Posted at 1-12 01:21
Yes I know. I had to buy a memory card reader. But it’s not a smooth experience to remove the memory card every time. Defeats the purpose of already having the phone connected to the gimbal. It’s not what I expected.

The iPhone will only support an import of 4K 30fps and not 60fps. This isn’t just an Osmo issue, it’s also an issue for other third party cameras including GoPro.
2019-1-12
Use props
fans8df2f22f
New

United States

When will external microphones work?
2019-1-12
Use props
fanse55a7666
lvl.3
France

djiguy001 Posted at 1-8 12:27

In the option, you can set a "simple" virtual joystick option and you have pan and tilt separately
2019-1-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

tejo Posted at 1-9 22:35
Perfect, you also broke a thing I was using. No more wired connection from the bottom connector. Useless update ever. Damn.

could you please explain a little more what you mean by "no more wired connection... '
I just hooked up my Osmo Pocket to my PC (Windows 10) and I was able to see the content of my SD card...
So maybe I do not understand what you mean...

Thanks!

(Canon)Max
2019-1-14
Use props
Freak78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112733 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 22:46
Hi Freak78, when the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA), I'm afraid there is nothing we can do temporarily, to make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used.

Hello,

So DJI knew there was a problem and still released the OSMO Pocket!!!!

It's very bad that DJI takes so long to fix this problem. Android is still used the most in the land of the smartphone.  I feel pitty that DJI is more and more becoming a APPLE ONLY BRAND!!!

The wireless module is not a solution, just a patch and is not out at the moment of speaking. I have placed a order but it comes out 31/1/2019.

There are apps to prevent the Phone from beeing charged by usb-c, but you have to root your phone.

Just make a disable charging via usb-c button in the app!!! Bypass the AOA     
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Freak78 Posted at 1-14 15:28
Hello,

So DJI knew there was a problem and still released the OSMO Pocket!!!!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, it is not what we can optimize immediately, your concern will be forwarded to our engineers, please note the future update.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8df2f22f Posted at 1-12 14:28
When will external microphones work?

Hi there, we are still working on the 3.5mm adapter, we will release in our online store immediately once it is ready, thanks for your patience.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiivan Posted at 1-12 00:10
just link this LINK

Hi djiivan,  sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have been aware of this issue and will get it optimized in the next firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-15
Use props
awulff
lvl.1
Sweden

fansce6d4c4a Posted at 1-12 10:58
The iPhone will only support an import of 4K 30fps and not 60fps. This isn’t just an Osmo issue, it’s also an issue for other third party cameras including GoPro.

Well, 30 fps does not work for iphone 7 plus. No 4K settings does. That’s the problem. I would be happy with 4K 30 fps.
2019-1-15
Use props
Rajaram
lvl.1
India

Can any one clarify if fw  version 1.03.02 is equal to 1.30? Mine after activation on 11.1.19 shows this update. Not 1.30
2019-1-15
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

fanse55a7666 Posted at 1-13 04:35
In the option, you can set a "simple" virtual joystick option and you have pan and tilt separately

where is this 'virtual joystick' you are talking about?

I don't see anything like that... Can you post a screenshot/image?
also - is it a new firmware you've updated?

thanks.
2019-1-15
Use props
ZZZZZZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78940 ft
United States

Totally agree with zanve. Have time-lapse with shorter intervals and raw images is going to be awesome.
2019-1-18
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiguy001 Posted at 1-15 13:19
where is this 'virtual joystick' you are talking about?

I don't see anything like that... Can you post a screenshot/image?

it's in the Mimo-app, not on the OP-screen!
2019-1-21
Use props
Caacanto
lvl.1
Mexico

Also waiting for the D Cinelike Raw color profile, come on DJI, its one of the reasons I got this awesome camera.
image.jpg
2019-1-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules