X5S Supported lens
722 6 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

Are the supported Lenses kept up to date by way of the Go4 App?
@djimindy
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean if the X5S lense will be automatically updated when you update the drone and the camera using the DJI GO 4 app? The firmware will automatically update the camera and aircraft, however, it should not affect your lens as this accessory doesn't have firmware. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-8
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-8 15:12
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean if the X5S lense will be automatically updated when you update the drone and the camera using the DJI GO 4 app? The firmware will automatically update the camera and aircraft, however, it should not affect your lens as this accessory doesn't have firmware. Thank you for the support.

It’s been some FW update released for the X5s supported lens. I would just like to keep  my lens up to date.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Frank White 9 Posted at 1-8 15:47
It’s been some FW update released for the X5s supported lens. I would just like to keep  my lens up to date.
[view_image][view_image]

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The compatible lenses can be used with our Zenmuse X5S, however, it doesn't have its own firmware. The firmware should affect the camera itself and the aircraft only. Hope that this statement would provide clarification in regards to your query.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You'll need to buy an Olympus camera body to update the X5S lenses using their update software.  A Panasonic camera body may also do it, but unsure of their software.

I bought a Pen-F to check my m4/3 lenses and update them rather than sending them into Olympus and paying for them to do the update.  Cost for Olympus to do mine was $140 so buying a body helped there, and to check on sundry performance matters as well should the DJI camera act odd like a tilted sensor (Mine had one.) where the focus is off from one side to the other.
2019-1-9
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just returned an Olympus 14-42.  At speed it had jello effect I think from loose elements, wouldn't recommend it.
2019-1-9
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 1-9 10:07
You'll need to buy an Olympus camera body to update the X5S lenses using their update software.  A Panasonic camera body may also do it, but unsure of their software.

I bought a Pen-F to check my m4/3 lenses and update them rather than sending them into Olympus and paying for them to do the update.  Cost for Olympus to do mine was $140 so buying a body helped there, and to check on sundry performance matters as well should the DJI camera act odd like a tilted sensor (Mine had one.) where the focus is off from one side to the other.

Yup that’s what I keep hearing.
I should buy a Pen-F for updates. More money blues

Figured I’d ask anyways
Funny, you understood my question though
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules