Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naskopi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316768 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello everyone!
I just bought DJI Ronin S and tried to connect it with my Nikon D750. I stabilized it, no problem, but when I tried to connect it I found out there is no suitable cable.
Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? I checked that the camera is supported, also the lens (AF-S 24-120 1:4 G)?
Do I need to buy extra cable? Please advice!

Thank you in advance!
Nikon_Ronin.jpg
2019-1-7
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32244 ft
United States

Following have same camera
2019-1-7
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.2
United States

Looking at the compatibility list here I don't see the D750 supported, 850 but not hte 750: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2019-1-7
Use props
yareckk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52149 ft
Poland

D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.
2019-1-8
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.2
United States

yareckk Posted at 1-8 09:20
D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.

Well that's pretty useless
2019-1-8
Use props
wingwing
New
Canada

yareckk Posted at 1-8 09:20
D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.

I haven't tried the RSS-IR yet but if it triggered the shutter then there is a camera setting under video mode you can set the shutter button to record video.
I use a Vello remote shutter release but simply use it's Nikon interface cable and can trigger the D750 shutter release to start/ stop recording, don't even have to switch on the Vello.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi naskopi, sorry for the late response, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update. GTScreenshot_20190111_153104.png
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mark.steudel Posted at 1-8 09:55
Well that's pretty useless

Hi mark, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, we are still working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.
2019-1-10
Use props
fans6123edbe
New
Flight distance : 6703 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 23:38
Hi mark, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, we are still working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.

Mindy,

I have a d610 and bought the micro USB cable in hopes of eventual support. To my surprise, after updating the firmware I got full control and even the focus knob working! The only issue I'm having now is the lack of live view. I have read about d850 users having live view while using the ronin -s. Will this be something that DJI will work on or is this a Nikon problem. Thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6123edbe Posted at 1-11 08:48
Mindy,

I have a d610 and bought the micro USB cable in hopes of eventual support. To my surprise, after updating the firmware I got full control and even the focus knob working! The only issue I'm having now is the lack of live view. I have read about d850 users having live view while using the ronin -s. Will this be something that DJI will work on or is this a Nikon problem. Thank you.

Glad to hear that, our engineers are still developing the USB shutter control of D610, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-1-12
Use props
yareckk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52149 ft
Poland

wingwing Posted at 1-8 12:45
I haven't tried the RSS-IR yet but if it triggered the shutter then there is a camera setting under video mode you can set the shutter button to record video.
I use a Vello remote shutter release but simply use it's Nikon interface cable and can trigger the D750 shutter release to start/ stop recording, don't even have to switch on the Vello.

@wingwing, thanks for the tip!
2019-1-14
Use props
Herbert Willing
New

Germany

I have bought my Ronin S last June. I am still waiting for support the focus wheel...
2019-3-15
Use props
Herbert Willing
New

Germany

I have bought my Ronin S last June. I am still waiting for support the focus wheel...
2019-3-15
Use props
Herbert Willing
New

Germany

in the compatibility list at this time, the D750 was full supported. A few weeks later DJI updated the list
2019-3-15
Use props
Andras' Lens
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I'm also waiting for Ronin S to finally provide support for Nikon D750.

It's a fantastic gimbal and I love it but if the Crane 3 supports D750 sooner, I'm fairly certain I'll shift to that...

2019-5-19
Use props
rambokc
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 23:37
Hi naskopi, sorry for the late response, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.[view_image]

It is hard to belive Ronins nikon compatibillity so poor !!!
Panasonic GH3 also support Why nikon only  hight or very new model will suport

2019-6-2
Use props
Amores
New

Taiwan

Hi mark, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, we are still working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.

Hi Mindy,
What's the schedule about the "we are working on developing the IR shutter control"?
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_D9xGpk9pxmPI
New
North Macedonia

Hey all, I'm using nikon d750 and I've done that, set the shutter button when in movie option to record instead to take photos and it doesn't work at all.  
2019-8-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mindy,

Can you give some update on the D750 compatibility plans?
I'm considering a gimbal for my D750 and would love to get my hands on a Ronin S for that.
But I would need the motion timelapse feature to work!

Thanks in advance
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans6123edbe Posted at 1-11 08:48
Mindy,

I have a d610 and bought the micro USB cable in hopes of eventual support. To my surprise, after updating the firmware I got full control and even the focus knob working! The only issue I'm having now is the lack of live view. I have read about d850 users having live view while using the ronin -s. Will this be something that DJI will work on or is this a Nikon problem. Thank you.

That does sound promising.
Did you try the motion timelapse?
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use a Vello remote shutter release but simply use it's Nikon interface cable and can trigger the D750 shutter release to start/ stop recording, don't even have to switch on the Vello.

That does sound promising.
Did you try the motion timelapse?
2019-10-21
Use props
Carlo Pablo
New

Canada

Hi Im Carlo and i just purchased the Ronin S and im trying to find a rss cable that will fit my Nikon D750 and D800 and is there any chance the focus wheeel will work on them? Thanks a lot
2020-3-18
Use props
Carlo Pablo
New

Canada

Hi is the rss-ir remote working on the nikon d750?
2020-3-20
Use props
TomDPhoto
lvl.1
United States

Following...

I just bought the Ronin-S for my Nikon D750 and D810.

I understand you can physically balance the cameras, and that they can be fired with a hand-held remote?

Very surprising and disappointing more Nikon models are not supported.

I guess it's my fault for not checking the compatibility closer
-TomD

2020-5-2
Use props
fanse0bcd5ec
lvl.1

United States

What about balancing a D750 with a nikkor 14-24mm lens?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_EKyNt53FLneN
New
Argentina

Hi!! Is there any news whit the D750?
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_EKyNt53FLneN
New
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-10 23:37
Hi naskopi, sorry for the late response, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.[view_image][Image]

Hi!! Now Is it compatible with the D750? Thanks
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_EKyNt53FLneN
New
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-10 23:37
Hi naskopi, sorry for the late response, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.[view_image][Image]

2020-7-21
Use props
sami.artx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109206 ft
Norway

TomDPhoto Posted at 5-2 06:40
Following...

I just bought the Ronin-S for my Nikon D750 and D810.

I am also considering to buy a Ronin S, and I have a D750.
I am wondering what functionality I would lose with a non-compatible camera?
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_EKyNt53FLneN Posted at 7-21 11:39

No, Nikon D750 is still not in the compatibility list, please check the latest compatibility list here: https://www.dji.com/support/comp ... -s&from=sub_nav
2020-7-26
Use props
sami.artx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109206 ft
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-26 23:42
No, Nikon D750 is still not in the compatibility list, please check the latest compatibility list here: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s&from=sub_nav

Which functionalities would I lose with D750?
2020-7-28
Use props
ALREY
lvl.1
France

Hi DJI Mindy,
I found so many different camera compatibility lists on the internet for Ronin S... Can't you clean and clarify all that?
I trusted the list that was supposedly the last, I bought this nice Gimbal for my sweet D610 and D750, and then back home I first discovered there wasn't the appropriate cable...
Then I balanced the camera, installed the App, updated the firmware, practiced a bit, and here I am exploring more forums and understanding the actual compatibility list for Nikon is actually poor...
Is it worth it I purchase a RSS / micro USB cable for my Nikons or it definitely won't work with the Ronin S?
All that is not so fair, you spread so many communication tools showing the possibilities for the Ronin S, but how many of us bought this and then felt stuck???
I really hope you guys are working on it cause we've already paid, your customers have some real expectations, and considering the price of all these video tools it's sooo Bad News when it just doesn't work together...
Thanks for your attention, I hope...
2020-9-4
Use props
fansa7628f06
New
Qatar

Hi, any update now to Nikon D750, I just bought yesterday the ronin S. use the IR not working even use the G4 in setting
2020-10-1
Use props
Gino Moravec
New

Austria

ALREY Posted at 9-4 16:50
Hi DJI Mindy,
I found so many different camera compatibility lists on the internet for Ronin S... Can't you clean and clarify all that?
I trusted the list that was supposedly the last, I bought this nice Gimbal for my sweet D610 and D750, and then back home I first discovered there wasn't the appropriate cable...
I totally agree!
It's very disappointing. In your own interest , this plays the customers of nikon into the hands of your congruents. And that's only cause of your support.
Very pity.
2020-10-24
Use props
djiuser_fbcGXT2JiEls
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just here to remind DJI that this still hasn’t been sorted and it’s pretty annoying
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_fbcGXT2JiEls
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys for some reason I can’t seem to ask a new question so thought I’d ask here.
How strong is the ronin S when manually pulling focus on the camera? Or even changing focus or pressing buttons on the camera?
My old gimbal is very weak and will destabilise when even moving the focus ring slightly or changing iso for example.
As we all know the D750 doesn’t have any video continuous autofocus so I’d like to know how it performs when moving the focus ring.

Also is it worth buying the electronic DJI focus pull mount for the d750?

Thanks!
2020-11-26
Use props
naskopi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316768 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am using Sony a7iii with 24-105 lense and use the rings all the time. Never had a problem although the whole setup is quite heavy.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_fbcGXT2JiEls
lvl.1

United Kingdom

naskopi Posted at 11-26 02:08
I am using Sony a7iii with 24-105 lense and use the rings all the time. Never had a problem although the whole setup is quite heavy.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate that!
2020-11-26
Use props
d750lover
New

Tunisia

so i'm here now in 2023 i have a nikon d750 and i have the usual question dose the ronin s works fully now with the nikon d750 ?? all works fine the button the focus trigger everything ? please any help because im really confused ....
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_bqetofVkfYCU
New
Flight distance : 94806 ft

United States

d750lover Posted at 2023-4-7 05:51
so i'm here now in 2023 i have a nikon d750 and i have the usual question dose the ronin s works fully now with the nikon d750 ?? all works fine the button the focus trigger everything ? please any help because im really confused ....

Hey! I bought the dji ronin s and I have a nikon d750 any news on compatibility??

Thank you!
1-20 08:43
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules