New Firmware 01.03.00.20 !!
2019-1-7
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks to DJI for the update, but as reported from other users in this topic, the AFC issue is still there. For me, that's the only deal breaker that prevents me from using it.
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 1-7 05:05
Thanks to DJI for the update, but as reported from other users in this topic, the AFC issue is still there. For me, that's the only deal breaker that prevents me from using it.

This is new firmware that’s just been released, so we don’t know what’s in it or if it addresses the AF issues.
2019-1-7
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans75420bd1 Posted at 1-7 05:09
This is new firmware that’s just been released, so we don’t know what’s in it or if it addresses the AF issues.

Yes we know, there’s a change log on the official Facebook page.
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

kerberos Posted at 1-7 05:17
Yes we know, there’s a change log on the official Facebook page.

But you referenced a thread in which nobody had even tried this new firmware, so nobody in that thread could have known if this just released firmware did or didn’t help the AF issue.
2019-1-7
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tried it..focus pumping still there along wwith a strange jiggling motion in the video...wish I could return it for refund
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone have a change log  for this update?
2019-1-7
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans75420bd1 Posted at 1-7 05:20
But you referenced a thread in which nobody had even tried this new firmware, so nobody in that thread could have known if this just released firmware did or didn’t help the AF issue.
Please just read the last page of the linked thread.

About the changelog: https://www.facebook.com/notes/d ... d/2118016104951642/
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. It does say ‘optimized focus in some situations’, so we’ll see.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

No D-Cinelike in this firmware update?... I really hope to see the focus issue is more fixed in the next update, as well as see more of those announced features that we still miss.
2019-1-7
Use props
porkchop85
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Would you return it if you could? Weighing up whether or not I should send mine back and wait for version 2 whenever that maybe.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

porkchop85 Posted at 1-7 06:08
Would you return it if you could? Weighing up whether or not I should send mine back and wait for version 2 whenever that maybe.

There will always be a new version that is better then the last. DJI likes to make a hype about their products, but at release date many features are missing. So if you wait for a Osmo Pocket 2 release, then you probably have to wait several months after release for that model to have the announced features. Same thing as now.

Can you live with the missing features, then hold on to it. It all depends on the features you need. Hopefully DJI releases updates quickly for the camera. For me, D-Cinelike is a sorely missed feature as I often need to match footage from other cameras.
2019-1-7
Use props
porkchop85
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rob W Posted at 1-7 06:17
There will always be a new version that is better then the last. DJI likes to make a hype about their products, but at release date many features are missing. So if you wait for a Osmo Pocket 2 release, then you probably have to wait several months after release for that model to have the announced features. Same thing as now.

Can you live with the missing features, then hold on to it. It all depends on the features you need. Hopefully DJI releases updates quickly for the camera. For me, D-Cinelike is a sorely missed feature as I often need to match footage from other cameras.

Couldn't agree more, I love my Mavic Air. Focus and D-Cinelike are big concerns for me, as is the grainy footage I seem to be experiencing. I'm a big DJI fan just in two minds this time. Guessing it will be a couple of years for the next version so would rather have one if they can fix the issues.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

I'm going to test the new firmware now. If it's still the same then I think I will send mine back. I've had a lot of DJI Products, and none have been as bad as this. We are literally paying to beta test this for them, with no guarantee it will ever work properly of have all of the features it's supposed to have.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I was interested to note that, 'The parking time from off has now been increased from 5 to 8 secs'. I never knew there was a 'Park Time' to begin with or I would never have started my thread about the gimbal behaviour. At least the new frame rates are now showing in the Pocket when not connected to a phone.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

PAL framerates are still not shown in this new firmware (unless connected to a phone).

What’s New?  

Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 1-7 07:54
PAL framerates are still not shown in this new firmware (unless connected to a phone).

That’s not true, you can now set to 4K 1080p 25/50 FPS straight from OP without need for phone.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this information here in DJI Forum. Kindly check the following information below for more info about the OSMO Pocket’s latest firmware version:
·  Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.
·  Added support to shoot 3x3 panorama photos when the tilt axis is between -20° and 80°.
·  Optimized ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo when detecting people’s head and shoulders in camera view.
·  Increased the time that the gimbal is in position to fit into the cover from five to eight seconds.
·  Optimized the focus in some situations.
·  Optimized ActiveTrack when the gimbal is in Portrait and Flashlight mode.
·  Fixed the issue where a red tint appeared when using Auto White Balance (AWB) in scenes that were predominantly green.
·  Fixed the issue affecting some devices where the charging time was slow.

Notes:­­
·  Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
·  If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.

Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Screen shot of the FaceBook post....
Firmware V1.3.02 Jan 7 2019.png
2019-1-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-7 08:58
Hi, thank you for sharing this information here in DJI Forum. Kindly check the following information below for more info about the OSMO Pocket’s latest firmware version:
·  Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.
·  Added support to shoot 3x3 panorama photos when the tilt axis is between -20° and 80°.

oops, sorry must have been preparing my post as you were sending yours. ;-)
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 1-7 09:09
oops, sorry must have been preparing my post as you were sending yours. ;-)

No worries. That's fine. I appreciate your time sharing the information
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 08:42
That’s not true, you can now set to 4K 1080p 25/50 FPS straight from OP without need for phone.
Hmmm... Seems it did not update the firmware correctly, though it said it did at first. Retrying now.

2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 1-7 10:00
I could not see after updating. I will check again, but I only saw 30/60 fps.

If you slide to the page to where you change from 30 to 60 scroll you will find them.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 10:05
If you slide to the page to where you change from 30 to 60 scroll you will find them.

It's working after flashing the firmware again
2019-1-7
Use props
Svendura
lvl.1
Germany

I like my Osmo Pocket a lot and the new firmware seems to make it even better. The biggest issue so far was the activation. I extra ordered a new smartphone with USB-C to connect to my Osmo.
Now I am hoping for the wireless module to appear in the market. My dealer in Germany just postsponed it to 5th of February. That´s a pity, DJI.
2019-1-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thankfully our OP seems to be fine too, Miche loves it.
2019-1-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 1-7 10:13
It's working after flashing the firmware again

Great you got it working, mine updated without a hitch. Great news we now have 4K, 60fps without the phone. Now just waiting for the wireless base.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 1-7 10:51
Great you got it working, mine updated without a hitch. Great news we now have 4K, 60fps without the phone. Now just waiting for the wireless base.

Wireless base is available
2019-1-7
Use props
Scott.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no HEVC so the files are natively supported on iOS
2019-1-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 11:08
Wireless base is available

Thx, I know, already ordered this morning
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 1-7 11:28
Thx, I know, already ordered this morning

Ok I taught that, ordered one myself.
2019-1-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

for those who are screaming, they did TWO firmware updates in under a month....I suspect  your issues will be dealt with in another firmware update very soon.  It's brand new, cut them a break!
2019-1-7
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

I had no problems updating the firmware.  I appreciate getting incremental firmware updates even though they do not have all the features that may ultimately be possible.  
2019-1-7
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I noticed that the gimbal in "locked" allows a lateral movement. That was not the case before, or am I wrong?
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 1-7 12:17
for those who are screaming, they did TWO firmware updates in under a month....I suspect  your issues will be dealt with in another firmware update very soon.  It's brand new, cut them a break!

When did it become acceptable for companies to release products that don’t work properly? When did consumers stop being bothered about giving companies their money for something that is only half ready for market?

I and many others paid good money to DJI for a product that works NOW as advertised. NOT, for something that MIGHT work in future at some unspecified date and time.

It’s our right to complain. If you want to be a mug that’s happy to pay for an unfinished product, then carry on.
2019-1-7
Use props
shiroeddji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7156 ft
United Kingdom

Interestingly 4k 60 still doesn't allow Active Track BUT 4k 50 does. Hmmm...
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

Updated today and at least from my tests, the AF has indeed improved. The time it takes to focus from close in to infinity has been cut quite a bit. It's still not instantaneous, but it's not bad. It seems to miss less than it did prior to the update. I still do see some evidence of focus breathing.

I still am amazed at the overall PQ of this tiny thing. I would actually rate the color as being better and more accurate than some mirrorless cameras.
2019-1-7
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DaMa Posted at 1-7 13:01
I noticed that the gimbal in "locked" allows a lateral movement. That was not the case before, or am I wrong?

Sorry my mistake, is even in the manual so. It was "follow" ...
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-7 13:06
When did it become acceptable for companies to release products that don’t work properly? When did consumers stop being bothered about giving companies their money for something that is only half ready for market?

I and many others paid good money to DJI for a product that works NOW as advertised. NOT, for something that MIGHT work in future at some unspecified date and time.

“If you want to be a mug that’s happy to pay for an unfinished product, then carry on”

You own or have owned  Spark Mavic Air and Osmo Mobile, are you that mug above or has everything been perfect up to now.

2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 13:24
“If you want to be a mug that’s happy to pay for an unfinished product, then carry on”

You own or have owned  Spark Mavic Air and Osmo Mobile, are you that mug above or has everything been perfect up to now.

I’ also own a Phantom FC40, a Phantom 3 Advanced, and a Mavic Pro - and, yes I’ve no issues with those products.

But, even if I had what difference would it make? You only have to look at the common issues here and in other forums to see this product isn’t ready for market.

I’m not happy to pay for an unfinished product, as are a great many others. So, if we wish to express our dissatisfaction we more than justifying doing so. It’s not yours or anyone else’s job to defend DJI, or criticise DJI customers unhappy with their products. That’s for DJI to do.
2019-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules