Incompatible with LG phones!
3595 9 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anonymgot
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I've bought a DJI Osmo Pocket for christmas and I want to use it with my LG V20. Unfortunately, when I plug the camera into the phone, it launches the Mimo app and just vibrates every two seconds and nothing else happens. I've seen here and on Reddit that this problem occurs with other LG phones such as the G6. Have you find a fix for this? I've tried various usb setting in developper mode on my V20, usb debugging & co, but it doesn't work.
Hopefully I've got a Teclast T8 tablet with usb-c connector so I've activated my Dji Osmo Pocket but if you've got a LG phone, don't buy the Osmo Pocket until this issue is closed.
Thanks in advance!

2019-1-7
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I had this issue on my LG phone, but it’s fine now after the update. Try to find an iPhone to update it.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Anonymgot. Thank you for for raising this concern. Upon checking the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment the LG V20 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. The LG V20 might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2019-1-7
Use props
Anonymgot
lvl.1
France

I've install the latest firmware (v1.3.0.20) through my Teclast T8 and the Osmo Pocket still doesn't want to work with my LG V20.
I've tried some Frankenplug via an USB-C -> USB-A adaptator and the USB-C plug on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket with no luck (with my LG V20 and a Xiaomi Redmi 3S).
I think I'm going to get stuck with the basic mode on the Osmo Pocket until I'll change my phone (which won't happen anytime soon I hope) and I'll stay with a bad feeling about DJI every time I'll use my Osmo Pocket...
2019-1-9
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Anonymgot Posted at 1-9 02:55
I've install the latest firmware (v1.3.0.20) through my Teclast T8 and the Osmo Pocket still doesn't want to work with my LG V20.  
I've tried some Frankenplug via an USB-C -> USB-A adaptator and the USB-C plug on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket with no luck (with my LG V20 and a Xiaomi Redmi 3S).
I think I'm going to get stuck with the basic mode on the Osmo Pocket until I'll change my phone (which won't happen anytime soon I hope) and I'll stay with a bad feeling about DJI every time I'll use my Osmo Pocket...

Yes, you're right, it doesn't work on my friend's V20 either, yet it works fine on my LG G6+. Very weird.
2019-1-9
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Work's like it should on my LG G5 except no story mode.
2019-1-9
Use props
Anonymgot
lvl.1
France

Maybe there's a conflict between the Osmo Pocket and the fast charge of the latest LG phone aka QuickCharge 2.0.
2019-1-10
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Anonymgot Posted at 1-9 02:55
I've tried some Frankenplug via an USB-C -> USB-A adaptator and the USB-C plug on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket with no luck (with my LG V20 and a Xiaomi Redmi 3S).
I think I'm going to get stuck with the basic mode on the Osmo Pocket until I'll change my phone (which won't happen anytime soon I hope) and I'll stay with a bad feeling about DJI every time I'll use my Osmo Pocket...

You said you activated it with your tablet. Can't you use the same tablet and your adapter and plug it in the bottom to access the pro mode? At least you're not stuck with basic mode.
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_gUeJu0BBPm1e
New

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-1-7 07:45
Hello and good day Anonymgot. Thank you for for raising this concern. Upon checking the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment the LG V20 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. The LG V20 might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

Is there still an issue with lg phones?

I'm looking at using this as my every day vlogging camera but I have the lg g8, it's unbelievable for camera and features that's why i got it
2020-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_gUeJu0BBPm1e Posted at 6-12 19:23
Is there still an issue with lg phones?

I'm looking at using this as my every day vlogging camera but I have the lg g8, it's unbelievable for camera and features that's why i got it

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Checking the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the LG G8 is still not listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. In addition support for additional devices available as testing and development continues, Please refer to post #3 for information regarding compatibility with specific devices. Thank you.
2020-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules