o(^-^)o
Vision One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295230 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Official https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/sss

Dear Foreign Nationality Citizens,

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW 500 gr. or above in Turkey, customs may seize your  drones and demand technical conformity letter, that can be taken from DGCA Turkey, from you. To receive technical confirmation letter for your UAVs, you shall apply officially to Turkish DGCA with application form Form-01 (only Turkish version avaliable) can be found in Forms session on mainpage. One of the requirements shall be supply of application is criminal records with archive records. However, there are two way, one of them is you shall have TR Identificaiton number or you have to submit your criminal record that received from your embassy. If you are verified from MERNİS (Central Civil Registration System), criminal record is not required.

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW below 500 gr. , these drones are out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity or out of the scope letter normally. Nevertheless, some customs may seize and demand from you out of the scope letter, in this case you shall apply to take out of the scope letter officially with a petition to DGCA Turkey.

After that, During registration process, Our UAV E-registration system software verify your name, surname, birth date and TR identification number from MERNİS under cover of Ministry of Interior. Due to this verification method, if you have not TR Identification number , your information will not be verified in MERNİS. For this reason, foreign nationality citizens will not be able to complete their registration process, however you may ask ihaucusizni(at)shgm.gov.tr regarding fly permission.

Thanks for your understanding.

2019-5-1
Use props
Vision One
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

tronik Posted at 3-20 09:41

There is a national drone regulations in Turkey as in the whole world. Please read the following text carefully related drone transport . You can ask me about the following contact information.

I've had an extended correspondence with SHGM/DGCA (HSD and UED).

They wrote that drones under 500 grams are out of regulation scope.  Actually, the whole SHT-IHA does not apply.  Pilots and drones don't need to be registered. No flight permit is needed for drones that are not regulated.

This means that Spark and Mavic Air are out of scope. I recommend  to have a printed copy of SHT-IHA legislation, and a copy of import clarifications.

http://web.shgm.gov.tr/documents ... HT-IHA_12062017.pdf

https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular?ID=1123516
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular?ID=718867
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular?ID=723316

You can use Google translate to understand.

Please note, that although small drones are not regulated you have to follow all standard safety rules and be aware of restricted zones.

2019-5-2
Use props
nxo1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90469 ft
Spain

Vision One Posted at 5-2 05:38
I've had an extended correspondence with SHGM/DGCA (HSD and UED).

They wrote that drones under 500 grams are out of regulation scope.  Actually, the whole SHT-IHA does not apply.  Pilots and drones don't need to be registered. No flight permit is needed for drones that are not regulated.

Hello

Thank you very much for the links and information, is really clarifying. Just one question, although they are out of scope, do you know or have you experienced any problem in customs or in airports in Turkey?.

Thanks.
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg
New
Germany

Hattie May Perkins Posted at 4-24 02:53
Hey Mike.
Did you take your drone to Turkey in the end?
Thanks!

What did you do with your mavic 2 pro?
2019-6-7
Use props
djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg
New
Turkey

djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg Posted at 6-7 14:22
What did you do with your mavic 2 pro?

Ok just for everyone! I took my mavic 2 pro with me and there was no single problem, they didnt check anything and I am going to film some stuff tomorrow
2019-6-8
Use props
Vision One
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

nxo1981 Posted at 6-6 10:33
Hello

Thank you very much for the links and information, is really clarifying. Just one question, although they are out of scope, do you know or have you experienced any problem in customs or in airports in Turkey?.

No problems. But that is only for drones UNDER 500 grams.
This ones in English.
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular?ID=1121138

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW 500 gr. or above in Turkey, customs may seize your  drones and demand technical conformity letter, that can be taken from DGCA Turkey, from you.
if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW below 500 gr. , this drones is out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity or out of the scope letter normally.

For drones under 500 grams it's good idea to print this page
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/duyurular?ID=1123516

It clearly says that small drones are not regulated.
2019-6-17
Use props
b7zoom2
New

United Kingdom

Just come back from Istanbul & Cappadocia

Before I went i read reviews/forums/Turkey Government websites etc regarding Drone usage and was really unsure whether to take a drone or not.  

However I decided to take my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with me and had zero issues.

My bag was checked on the domestic flight between Istanbul and Cappadocia and no issues with the drone.  Follow the usual rules and you should be fine. Speak to local people about flying drones and they will tell you spots to use it.  
2019-6-25
Use props
BrockVond
lvl.1

Switzerland

Just to add to what others have said.... I just came back from a trip to Greece/Turkey and had no problems in Turkey at all carrying my drone through many different domestic airports. Flew from Athens to Istanbul and then to Denizli (DNZ). Then a flight from Izmir (ADB) to Kayseri (ASR) and then Kayseri to Istanbul to PAris and back to NYC. Was never asked about the drone at all during the whole trip. Was never asked to open drone bag. Made sure drone had no battery in it and that batteries were in a separate carry on. Had the drone in carry on the whole trip. Did not fly the drone at all in turkey, since I had flown a lot in greece and did not want to risk it.
2019-7-28
Use props
Aydin Tamturk
lvl.2

Turkey

Hello , If you have any problems crossing the border or the customs in Turkey we ca help you with the legal documentation process  ! Feel free to ask any question !!
2019-8-20
Use props
Aydin Tamturk
lvl.2

Turkey

Hey , we are a Turkish drone consultation company who works with the border in Turkey . If there are any related questions we can help you with your registration and legal documentation ! Feel free to email or call me !
2019-8-23
Use props
Pathan Khan
New

Salam. My name is Tahir Khan. I am from Pakistan. I want to visit Turkey and capture the beauty of this spectacular country through my DJI mavic pro 2 drone camera. I just want to ask u whether I require any prior documentation to bring the camera to Turkey?? I will be entering Turkey on my own vehicle (crossing through Iran, Azerbaijan and Georgia). Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Tahir Khan,
Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Whatsapp: +923132312240
2019-9-12
Use props
tronik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72018 ft
Turkey

please look and read this carefully.

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW 500 gr. or above in Turkey, customs may seize your  drones and demand technical conformity letter, that can be taken from DGCA Turkey, from you. To receive technical confirmation letter for your UAVs, you shall apply officially to Turkish DGCA with application form Form-01 (only Turkish version avaliable) can be found in Forms session on mainpage. One of the requirements shall be supply of application is criminal records with archive records. However, there are two way, one of them is you shall have TR Identificaiton number or you have to submit your criminal record that received from your embassy. If you are verified from MERNİS (TR identification number from population database), criminal record is not required.

if you bring your drones or UAVs MTOW below 500 gr. , this drones is out of the scope of our national regulation and is not required any technical conformity or out of the scope letter normally. Nevertheless, some customs may seize and demand from you out of the scope letter, in this case you shall apply to take out of the scope letter officially with a petition to DGCA Turkey.

After that, During registration process, Our UAV E-registration system software verify your name, surname, birth date and TR identification number from MERNİS under cover of Ministry of Interior. Due to this verification method, if you have not TR Identification number , your information will not be verified in MERNİS. For this reason, foreign nationality citizens will not be able to complete their registration process and fly legally.

Thanks for your understanding.

any question contact me:

www.tronik.com.tr
2019-10-29
Use props
tronik
lvl.2
Turkey

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 4-10 03:48
Obviously many of us asking questions are not turkish citizens.

Yes right. But you can take temporary citizenship number from your consulate.

Any help, contact me

Tamer

https://www.facebook.com/troniktr
https://twitter.com/troniktr
https://www.instagram.com/troniktr/
2019-10-29
Use props
tronik
lvl.2
Turkey

Hattie May Perkins Posted at 4-24 02:52
Hello

I am going to Istanbul tomorrow and Cappadocia next week. Both flights with Turkish airlines. My boyfriend flies a Mavic Pro 2 and we are unsure whether we can take her with us.

Hello,

Yes you can carry drones in airplane (but disconnected with your drone )
2019-10-29
Use props
fans4943fad0
New

United Kingdom

M1key Posted at 1-8 06:17
Ah, I see. I'll be flying to the new airport. Well, I guess we shall see! Thanks a lot.

Hello mate, any update on taking a drone to the new airport?
2019-10-31
Use props
cartoshca
lvl.2
Russia

So do I still have to register a drone if it’s less than 500g? I’m looking to buy a magic mini and go to Istanbul and Kappadokya in a month and a half.
2019-12-3
Use props
Felixir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104596 ft
Thailand

fans4943fad0 Posted at 2019-10-31 06:45
Hello mate, any update on taking a drone to the new airport?

I have been to the new airport twice and no problem. I have DJI Spark. They saw it on the x-ray, asked what is it, I told them, end of the story. No problem.
2020-1-15
Use props
a.sailboatgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366873 ft
United States

Hello,
It is my understanding that drones must be registered if over 500grams. When trying to register, it asks for my TR number (Turkish residence) which as a tourist I will not have. Is there a way to register as a tourist?

If not, would buying a mini solve this issue? I’d rather keep my pro but I’m looking for solutions.

Here is the gov link.
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/index?ReturnUrl=%2f
2020-1-19
Use props
a.sailboatgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366873 ft
United States

Hello,
It is my understanding that drones must be registered if over 500grams. When trying to register, it asks for my TR number (Turkish residence) which as a tourist I will not have. Is there a way to register as a tourist?

If not, would buying a mini solve this issue? I’d rather keep my pro but I’m looking for solutions.

Here is the gov link.
https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/index?ReturnUrl=%2f
2020-1-19
Use props
Tai Kun
New

France

b7zoom2 Posted at 2019-6-25 00:02
Just come back from Istanbul & Cappadocia

Hi. Just wanted to thank you for sharing this info
2020-3-13
Use props
Tai Kun
New

France

Felixir Posted at 1-15 00:03
I have been to the new airport twice and no problem. I have DJI Spark. They saw it on the x-ray, asked what is it, I told them, end of the story. No problem.

Hi
Thks mate it's reassuring
2020-3-13
Use props
Dreamman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8757 ft
Spain

In october i will travel to turkey, Istanbul, Capadòcia, Pammukale and Fethiye / Oludeniz / Kas. I have a drone, DJI Mavic Mini. I understand that I can pass airport and fly without register because drone is under 500gr (249gr). Are there app for air zones restrictions?
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_uz5mRsLKB8TJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493330 ft
United States

djiuser_zPQqvZPxRahg Posted at 2019-6-8 13:17
Ok just for everyone! I took my mavic 2 pro with me and there was no single problem, they didnt check anything and I am going to film some stuff tomorrow

I was thinking if taking the mini 2.  If I understand things correctly it is considered a toy and not a “drone” as it’s under the 250 grams...   this means it does not have to be registered and can be flown pretty much anytime.  I just wanted to see what others thought. . Of course crowds, nation buildings snd parks are pretty much off the list of fly places.  ;).
2020-12-19
Use props
Khalizeli
New

Ukraine

Istanbul Airport Transfers & Istanbul Airport Taxi | AtoB Taxi

Istanbul airport transfers & Istanbul airport taxi: transfer from/to Istanbul airport and taxi from/to Istanbul airport | AtoB Airport Transfer Service
https://atobtransfer.com/turkey/istanbul-airport-transfers-istanbul-airport-taxi/
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_lzqEbsDv3hIF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25003 ft
Serbia

Ok, as far as I understand, the Mini 2 does not require registration to go through customs and I will not have any problems with that.  But I received an email from the DGCA that foreign operators / pilots must apply to get a permit to fly.  They were not determined in terms of whether this only applies to those who bring drones that weigh more than 500 grams.  Can anyone confirm if this also applies to drones like the Mini 2?  They also said that drone insurance is mandatory.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_lzqEbsDv3hIF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25003 ft
Serbia

djiuser_uz5mRsLKB8TJ Posted at 2020-12-19 01:25
I was thinking if taking the mini 2.  If I understand things correctly it is considered a toy and not a “drone” as it’s under the 250 grams...   this means it does not have to be registered and can be flown pretty much anytime.  I just wanted to see what others thought. . Of course crowds, nation buildings snd parks are pretty much off the list of fly places.  ;).

And how did you do with the Mini 2? Did you have any problems? Did you have to register as a pilot?
2021-3-18
Use props
psadek
New

Poland

Hi I wanna take some photos and movies in Turkey on holidays. I have mavic air 2. How is with permission for fly
2021-6-11
Use props
RobertGHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320971 ft
Romania

Hello,

I plan on going to Istanbul next week and I've been researching the drone flying problem for almost 1 month.
The information on drones over 500g are pretty much clear, but for drones under 500g things get tangled.
I own a mini 2 and I emailed Turkey SGHM and this is the response I got from an official when I asked if I could fly my under 500g drones in Turkey:
In Turkey for foreign UAV operations, according to “SHT-IHA Instructions” you must fulfill these instructions below;

1) UAV flight request in Turkish airspace by foreign operators/actuators/pilots must be sent to the General Directorate of Civil Aviation via diplomatic channels 20 weekdays before the first flight day by filling UAV Flight Permit Request Form (The form is located in the DGCA official website)

- Form Link: http://web.shgm.gov.tr/tr/formlar/3910-index  (Hava Seyrüsefer Daire Başkanlığı = > UAV Flight Permission Request Form (FR.23)).

In addition, you can't register your UAV in Turkey because of you are not a Turkish citizen. Although you do not have a UAV registration number, you can fill in the application form (FR.23) by leaving the UAV registration number section blank.

2) Insurance is mandatory for the drone. Therefore, you have to insure your drone and the insurance documents must be sent to the General Directorate. To find out how much insurance amount your drone required please check the legislation in the link; https://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/2017/07/20170727-2.htm

3) After receiving positive views from the civil and military institutions about the applications, these areas are to be announced with NOTAM to all airspace users. In case of receiving negative views from the institutions or from our General Directorate, flight is not permitted.

4) In case of getting the flight permission, it is compulsory to obey the provisions in Turkish AIP and other rules by operators/pilots/party.

5) A Turkish Republic citizen pilot who has at least IHA2 pilot license by our General Directorate supervises to all flights.

6) If the area to fly is in the special permit area (red area), risk analysis is required for any purpose.

The regulations are so strict that they could simply tell me this is not allowed instead of asking me to complete a form in a foreign language and send it one month in advance, then another form to another insitution for flying in specific zones,  paying an insurance and the craziest one was that I need to be supervised by a Turkish pilot. All that hassle for 2 selfies, it's stupid.
2021-6-11
Use props
arturjc
New

Portugal

HI All

I am from Portugal and I will ​go to Istambul - Capadocia - Maldives in september.
I wanted to buy a drone to  capture my trip.

I was thinking about buying a Air 2S, but since it's above 500g I would have to register but i'm not sure if it will be aproved because i have a lot of doubt on how to fill the FR.03 document, and it's only 2 month for my trip. Can someone help me filling the document?

As a second alternative I could buy a Mini 2. Is it safer to buy a mini 2 ?

Another doubt is that even if I could register the drone, what would I have to do to fly in Istambul/Capadocia? Is it even possible for a foreigner?

Thanks for your help
Artur
2021-7-29
Use props
fansb31dec5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 687723 ft
Malaysia

Hi! I am planning a trip to Turkey to create some contents. Since There are DJI stores in Turkey, I will be planning to buy a new drone in Turkey to avoid any customs issues upon entering IST. However, I'd like to know if there's any restrictions when leaving turkey at the airport. I understand certain airline may not permit drones as carry on luggage but I am wondering if the customs will seize the drone as i exit the country?
Thank you very much!
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_eY1RFIO0J8tC
New

Venezuela

arturjc Posted at 2021-7-29 14:39
HI All

I am from Portugal and I will ​go to Istambul - Capadocia - Maldives in september.

Hello Brother how are you? In the end, what did you solve on your trip!? I am going to travel to Turkey now with my DJI Air 2S, tell me I have also read about that famous form
2022-6-22
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_eY1RFIO0J8tC Posted at 6-22 10:25
Hello Brother how are you? In the end, what did you solve on your trip!? I am going to travel to Turkey now with my DJI Air 2S, tell me I have also read about that famous form

I don't know any details about bringing a drone to turkey via airplane.
I'd suggest you contact the Turkish Embassy in your country and ask about the rules with drones.
Second, I'd contact the airline you are taking and ask them how to transport a drone properly.
Have all the answers printed out with you.
Also check out the drone flight rules there.

Have a safe trip!
Wolferl
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_eY1RFIO0J8tC
New

Venezuela

Aydin Tamturk Posted at 2019-8-20 05:45
Hello , If you have any problems crossing the border or the customs in Turkey we ca help you with the legal documentation process  ! Feel free to ask any question !!

hello, I have air 2 s, can fly in Turkey without problems!>?
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_eY1RFIO0J8tC
New

Venezuela

djiuser_eY1RFIO0J8tC Posted at 6-22 10:25
Hello Brother how are you? In the end, what did you solve on your trip!? I am going to travel to Turkey now with my DJI Air 2S, tell me I have also read about that famous form

hola vi que preguntaste sobre viajar a Turquía con el 2s, tu también pudiste resolver la duda gracias!
2022-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules