Panoramic timer/countdown
3326 8 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMVPLAYER
lvl.1
United States

Is there a way to use the panoramic feature on the OP and have a timer, ex: you have a group of people and they don't fit in the shot, you cannot backup the camera more, but they fit if you use a panoramic photo, but then how do you run in to be in the picture? wouldn't you need to have a timer set for 3-5-10 seconds?
Someone please help, thanks!!!
2019-1-7
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

Not sure if it exists, If not. Its a great idea.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Possibly the idea behind using the Wi-fi unit?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that our Panorama does not have a count down option as of the moment, however, we found that this idea would be great for this kind of situation. We will forward this suggestion to our R&D engineers to see what we can do to make this happen in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-8 21:55
Isn't it true the wifi unit doesn't mount on a tripod..? Isn't it also true you cannot use the wifi module with the mount either? Can someone explain how the configuration would work for taking a pano of a group on a tripod including urself?

As the unit has a wider base I'm assuming it would be safer to put down either on the ground or if a bit of height is required, a bench, bin, post, or similar. Tripod use is primarily about getting a shot level or stable if a long exposure is needed and has the plus side of being off the ground nearer shoulder height. As the Osmo Pocket sorts out the leveling problem and the unit can then be lined up for the shot via the wi-fi then is a tripod really necessary? Most small travel tripods are not much use anyway for long exposures as they vibrate too much to be of use. Carrying a larger tripod just to use an Osmo Pocket surely defeats the idea of a small portable unit that's easy to travel with.
Personally, I've made my own holder for the Pocket which is like a huge bulldog clip which grips the Pocket quite firmly that I can attach to whatever I like for the odd times I want to mount it to anything.
It's made from a microphone stand accessory and has a padded grip.
2019-1-8
Use props
funatic
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-8 10:52
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that our Panorama does not have a count down option as of the moment, however, we found that this idea would be great for this kind of situation. We will forward this suggestion to our R&D engineers to see what we can do to make this happen in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Hi, I also try to suggest you again a countdown option for Panorama modes. Thank you
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-8 21:55
Isn't it true the wifi unit doesn't mount on a tripod..? Isn't it also true you cannot use the wifi module with the mount either? Can someone explain how the configuration would work for taking a pano of a group on a tripod including urself?

1 yes it does actually fit very snug on tripod.

2/ yes you can fit mount and WiFi module on Osmo together.
3/ using WiFi module just focus on the shot with yourself in it.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

funatic Posted at 1-30 06:28
Hi, I also try to suggest you again a countdown option for Panorama modes. Thank you

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we've forwarded the idea to our designated department for consideration. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_JoPuCf6oqZ8M
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-1-8 10:52

Can I use time countdown to use DJI Pocket 2 for video camera?
Anyone can help please.
I only know how to use for picture but not video.
Thank you for the reply
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules