Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
28756 238 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aaron Avila Posted at 1-8 12:07
ADMIN Combo links bad!

Hi Aaron, thank you very much for your feedback, we'll fix it soon.
2019-1-8
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Susan, will be possible to pair the original RC and the Smart Controller and allow one RC control only the camera, like the Inspire?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mcomperini Posted at 1-8 11:26
Hi,
I am thinking to buy this "Smart Controller" for my Mavic 2 Pro.

Hi Markus, yes, the Smart Controller fits the Mavic 2 Protector Case. No worries.
2019-1-8
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 22:07
Hi DanielVieira, DJI Smart Controller is not applicable for the accessory coupons of the DJI Select, sorry about this.

And why not? I think the most of the Customers bought DJI Select to get Accessories cheaper. So you a lying to the your costumers again. From month to month your are going more badly
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cmartin3977 Posted at 1-8 15:24
Any guesses how many months it takes and how may updates  before it operates correctly with no issues?

Hi Cmartin3977, thanks for heading up. The App can update separately and sync with the latest Android version. There will be a reminder if the new version is available. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us, we'll be here for help.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

04in719 Posted at 1-8 15:32
I'd like confirmation that it will connect to the new P42.0 and that it can run Litchi. If it does I'm sold.

Hi 04in719, the DJI Smart Controller supports to download the third-party apps through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. However, DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings. Hooe for your understanding.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

04in719 Posted at 1-8 15:43
How did you buy it, says out of stock for me.

Hi 04in719, the status is different for various regions and countries. If it is out of stock for now, please kindly click In Stock Reminder and enter your contact information, an email will be sent to you as soon as the unit is available in your region. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ajmckay Posted at 1-8 19:59
Pretty awesome controller!   The price is pretty high - but basically it's a limited capability android smartphone that's been designed for harsh temperatures and that's been combined with a remote and large battery pack.   I think it's a great idea - I hope that if it catches on they become much cheaper over time and maybe come out with a more "base" version?  

I think this would be great for someone who likes to take their drone out to remote locations where you need to use your phone while using the drone, or at least need to keep the phone battery for things like nav, etc...   

Hi ajmckay, the built-in DJI GO 4 app has been optimized for use with the DJI Smart Controller. Both the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us, we''re glad to help.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OscarD Posted at 1-8 20:00
Does anyone know if this controller will fit in the DJI Mavic 2 hard case?

Hi OscarD, just to verify, do you refer to the Mavic 2 protective case?  If yes, they are compatible, no worries.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Str1atum Posted at 1-8 22:26
Does it fit into the hard case and into the bag that comes with the "fly more" kit?

Hi Str1atum, the DJI Smart Controller fits into the Mavic 2 Protective case, as well as the shoulder bag of fly more kit, no worries.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 1-8 23:05
Susan, will be possible to pair the original RC and the Smart Controller and allow one RC control only the camera, like the Inspire?

Hi Raphael, thanks for heading up. Currently, the Mavic 2 does not support to connect two RCs for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-8
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

hello all

The meaning is that the CS will not receive any update from now ? ?

E.

2019-1-9
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 23:56
Currently, the DJI Select mainly covers DJI consumer products for now. As for the Smart Controller, it mainly services for professional products. We sincerely apologize if this bothers you. For the consumer products, you may visit this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller?from=search-result-v2&position=0

Sorry that is Bu*****t. We can Buy DJI Phantom Pro /Advanced Controller also with Display. It it also more a PRO Product and not a normal Consumer Product. So this make no sense what you are trying to say. Also the use of it is for Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro. Both of the Drones are Consumer Products and not only Professional Producst. So the DJI Smart Controller who is a Product for this two Drones should also be in DJI Select. Sorry but in that is realy to make Costumers Angry.
2019-1-9
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 22:07
Hi DanielVieira, DJI Smart Controller is not applicable for the accessory coupons of the DJI Select, sorry about this.

THanks!

One question: Is the right wheel clickable? Like P4P remote? To change shutter speed and aperture?
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Emma Posted at 1-9 00:40
hello all

The meaning is that the CS will not receive any update from now ? ?

Hi Emma, we have not received any news that the CS will not receive any update. May I know what troubles do you encounter when using the CrystalSky? I'd like to help.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cristiano1976pt Posted at 1-9 00:55
Sorry that is Bu*****t. We can Buy DJI Phantom Pro /Advanced Controller also with Display. It it also more a PRO Product and not a normal Consumer Product. So this make no sense what you are trying to say. Also the use of it is for Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro. Both of the Drones are Consumer Products and not only Professional Producst. So the DJI Smart Controller who is a Product for this two Drones should also be in DJI Select. Sorry but in that is realy to make Costumers Angry.

If there is an update, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 1-9 01:10
THanks!

One question: Is the right wheel clickable? Like P4P remote? To change shutter speed and aperture?

Hi DanielVieira, the right wheel is not clickable, sorry about this.
2019-1-9
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 20:25
Hi bikoo, sorry for this. The status might be different for various countries and regions. You may also check with the local dealers: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thank you
2019-1-9
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 01:49
If there is an update, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.

And what this answer means? Should we all wait? Or what? We Users want to be informed and know what will happen. It think about costumers who order one now and in two weeks or something like that you say…. okay.. now it is in the Select Programm. What you think this users will be afraid? It is simple to solve. Do it or not.
2019-1-9
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Looks a nice piece of kit, just another item to go on the wish list.
2019-1-9
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

What are the dimensions of the Smart Controller?
2019-1-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5d497390 Posted at 1-8 10:25
DJI, on  your webite it says the HDMI-out port is for "playback", but can it live stream as well?  And can it simultaneously live stream out of the HDMI port to an external monitor WHILE also streaming on the Smart Controller screen at the same time?  Is there the ability to stream a different set of info to the external monitor vs the Smart Controller screen, such as a live video feed on one and map on the other??

Hi there, sorry for the confusion. The HDMI-out port works when the drone is flying or taking pictures.
2019-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, looks nice!
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 1-8 15:40
I just bought one. But I sincerely hope your description that it will work with any Occusync 2.0 drone is actually correct. Does this or does this not work with the DGI Goggles RE Occusync 2 flight packs?

Hi bjr981s, the DJI Smart Controller will work with Goggles RE in the future, we'll release when the firmware is ready. Appreciate your attention.
2019-1-9
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Would like to see a universal smart controller compatible with all DJI drones...
2019-1-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 04:49
Hi bjr981s, the DJI Smart Controller will work with Goggles RE in the future, we'll release when the firmware is ready. Appreciate your attention.

Excellent, Thanks Susan. Be good to fit the Goggles Air unit on my F550. And fly with this controller.

Cheers
2019-1-9
Use props
nik1975
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

"2.400-2.4835 GHz:
25.5 dBm (FCC), 18.5 dBm (CE), 19 dBm (SRRC), 18.5 dBm (MIC)
5.725-5.850 GHz:
25.5 dBm (FCC), 12.5 dBm (CE), 18.5 dBm (SRRC)"

reduced Transmission  power in CE mode ....
Why?
2019-1-9
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyEye21 Posted at 1-8 15:18
Wow, impressive.  I like the very low and very high operational temperatures as I have had an IPAD shutdown because it was too hot outside.

Exactly why I hated using my DJI quads with Apple devices. And I didn't like using my Mavic Pro with Android devices because the remote would die super fast due to it charging he mobile devices.  This new controller could be a nice edition to my kit, but the price is just too steep for me at this point.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

im a little bit confused about 2 things :

1. it looks as though the maximum the antennas can be angled is on the same plane as the screen, so if they are dipole antennas wont we be pointing the hole towards the aircraft where you really want the face of the antennas to face the aircraft, not the ends ????

2. on DJI site is does not list the controller as being compatible with Mavic 2 Enterprise, but assume that was just an oversight in printing ??
2019-1-9
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I'm struggling to find a real use case, unless you live in very extreme climate. Yes, it's a new cool thing, but at 650 USD?

Find it very pricey for a 5.5 inch screen. If you are going to buy a new M2 and don't have a smart-phone/pad it may be a good pick at 400 USD over a M2 w/o the Smart Controller. But if you already have a device, I find it a stretch. As an example, for 400 USD you can get a brand new iPad 9.7 and a mount and Litchi.
Yes, it's designed for -20 to +40 C, so if you are in very cold weather it can make sense (even if M2 itself is only designed for -10C), but what else?   
2019-1-9
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it float?
2019-1-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

04in719 Posted at 1-8 15:43
How did you buy it, says out of stock for me.

Same here, shows out of stock. I'm in continental US. Submitted "in stock" email notification request.
2019-1-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a spec-by-spec comparison of standard Mavic 2 (Pro/Zoom) controller with this new Smart one?
2019-1-9
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

i only buy it if they give me that 20% Select discount ... without that no way. For me the DJI Smart Controller is a Accessories like all other Controllers as well that get a discount. It is a nice piece of Hardware but why i have purchased DJI Select and get no Benefit of that. So i will wait until they do that or any other Reseller make a good offer.
2019-1-9
Use props
fans30a1230a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cristiano1976pt Posted at 1-9 11:22
i only buy it if they give me that 20% Select discount ... without that no way. For me the DJI Smart Controller is a Accessories like all other Controllers as well that get a discount. It is a nice piece of Hardware but why i have purchased DJI Select and get no Benefit of that. So i will wait until they do that or any other Reseller make a good offer.

and here we go again...announce a cool new product and an "out of stock" notice at the same time...

Called 4 bigger DJI retailers and 2 knew nothing about it and 2 said probably months...

Why does this sound familiar? ;-p

any predictions on when this will be in-stock and shipping?

Thanks...Ric
2019-1-9
Use props
VAJeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221099 ft
  • >>>
United States

Illuminations Posted at 1-8 10:10
What would be great would be a trade in program where we could send in our old controllers and get a $200 discount!

Absolutely agreed...  Many of us with the Mavic 2 are loyal customers to DJI, I know I have had Phantom Vision 2+, 3 Advance, Spark, Mavic Pro, and now Mavic Pro 2...  

I would have paid the price on the 2 Pro by the $400 to get this controller in lieu of the standard one.

I get it is not the best short term business sense thing to do this, but they can recoup some of the costs by bundling the "returned" standard controllers in re-furb packages...  This would satisfy their loyal customer base though, and that in the long run is good business sense.
2019-1-9
Use props
Sweflyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I use the Crystalsky in fullscreen mode without text and look at the display on the controller, thoose large numbers. That´s not gonna be possible with this one since they removed the small display. So I´ll pass.

The user manual really scares me:

Maximum flight time was tested in windless conditions at a consistent speed of 15.5 mph (25
kph) using the MAVIC 2. This value should be taken for reference only. ???

Reliable in More Environments: The Smart Controller can operate normally within a wide temperature range from -4° F (20° C) to 104° F (40° C).

OMG

2019-1-9
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

I get the temperature thing, the dedicated screen/app functionality, and HDMI, but for $650 it seems a but much when a M2 comes with a perfectly serviceable controller already.  I'll get an M2 eventually, and hopefully the addition of this controller to the DJI line-up will help bring the kits with the legacy controller down.  I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on here.
2019-1-9
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

VAJeff Posted at 1-9 11:58
Absolutely agreed...  Many of us with the Mavic 2 are loyal customers to DJI, I know I have had Phantom Vision 2+, 3 Advance, Spark, Mavic Pro, and now Mavic Pro 2...  

I would have paid the price on the 2 Pro by the $400 to get this controller in lieu of the standard one.

Really it would be all profit for them to implement such a program if you consider the refurb market - a controller tends to hold up pretty well to long use compared to other equipment, and so the resale value can be pretty high for DJI. It'd be a win-win situation for everyone involved!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules