Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
28795 238 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visalia California
lvl.2
United States

Mavic 2 Pro 4k 60fps NO GO!
2019-1-25
Use props
MP2Steve
lvl.1
United States

MP2Steve Posted at 1-25 04:16
Purchased the Smart Controller as soon as I received notification that it was available to purchase in the US...International Fedex shipping from China on Tuesday BUT now it is hung up in Fedfex Memphis waiting Customs Approval...guess they are affected by the Government Shut Down as well...do not understand why DJI would release a device if it was only get hung up in Customs...Anyone else with this shipping Issue?

THE UPDATE...Looks like the magic of Posting on the Forum works...My International FedEx Shipment has cleared Customs and will now be arriving to me early next week...Thank You DJI
2019-1-25
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Don't waste your money.. another device which will be left behind with updates and fixes just like the CrystalSky... RIPOFF and unnecessary...
2019-1-25
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-25 10:46
Don't waste your money.. another device which will be left behind with updates and fixes just like the CrystalSky... RIPOFF and unnecessary...

Most people don't seem to realize it's a small screen. They could of made it a 6" screen and charge $699.99  I would consider buying it.   you can get an ipad Pro 10.5" tablet for $500 on sale.  If you have perfect eyes, don't need reading glasses, you may be fine with this small screen.
2019-1-25
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

fans9355a706 Posted at 1-22 16:30
Mine should be arriving in 3 days. Is there anyone that can suggest a compact and to go travel soft backpack. The smaller the better. I have a Phantom 4 pro with a huge bag. This drone is my "go fly fast drone". Any suggestions much appreciated

Search on Ebay/Ali express for camera bag. I got one that is just big enough to store my drone, remote, charger and 3 extra batteries, and i have a bit space over. But it is way smaller than a normal camera bag
2019-1-26
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

bobsma Posted at 1-25 12:18
Most people don't seem to realize it's a small screen. They could of made it a 6" screen and charge $699.99  I would consider buying it.   you can get an ipad Pro 10.5" tablet for $500 on sale.  If you have perfect eyes, don't need reading glasses, you may be fine with this small screen.

True, but the screen is about the same size as my phone, which i always use because i can't stand using a tablet... makes my remote top heavy, and it just does not feel and handle nice. Plus it takes "ages" to set up
2019-1-26
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I wonder why the screen is placed under the sticks... It is not ergonomically at all and, as for the rest of the Sparks & Mavics, one can accidentally cover it  with the palms of the hands.
Why DJI can't you change the design and put the screen above (even from the point of view of functionality and sight it is better to have a closer line between on air AC and the screen...).
You did it with Phantom Pro+ and that way it is much better...
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

15matjan Posted at 1-27 03:33
I wonder why the screen is placed under the sticks... It is not ergonomically at all and, as for the rest of the Sparks & Mavics, one can accidentally cover it  with the palms of the hands.
Why DJI can't you change the design and put the screen above (even from the point of view of functionality and sight it is better to have a closer line between on air AC and the screen...).
You did it with Phantom Pro+ and that way it is much better...

As someone who owns one it is placed perfectly, unless you have hands the size of shovels you will not accidentally cover the screen, and one of the most ingenious parts of this design is to get to any button or any on screen toggle you don’t have to take any hand off the controller, it fits perfectly in your hands, weight distribution is perfect the placement of the antennas is just perfect for how you hold it and how antennas line up so naturally with aircraft, design of this accessory has clearly been thought out and carefully planned and if you buy one you will see exactly what I’m saying. With P4Pro Controller you have to continually remove one hand to access any on screen elements and merely doing just that you continually block the screen, the P4Pro RC is probably 3 times the size of this RC, in the scheme of things it was more expensive has much less features will never be as portable as this RC.
The build of SRC is exceptional but you won’t understand that until you own and use one.
2019-1-27
Use props
weejock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18369 ft
Isle of Man

hi guys,,, cpl weeks ago i upgraded to the M2 pro with the bundled smart controller,,,, am a little underwhelmed,,, its very buggy,very hit and miss connecting to home wifi network more miss than hit,,and as its android based the latest current update is slow as i dont have the waypoint2 in the built in go4 app,, i would of thought as they are pushing a premium product they would of updated the IOS and android at the same time,,
if they get it working properly it will be amazing but right now i feel ive splashed out on a very expensive plastic brick,,,
2019-1-27
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Keep it DJI.. why would anyone waste money on any hardware which will end up unsupported and neglected like the CrystalSky.... DJI is full of nice advertisements, promotion and promises but once money is exchanged, NO SUPPORT for theyr flag ship hardware... only cut and paste responses... "Thanks for you understanding, patience or support"...
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_qE3t3pAqXbk9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Sorry for my ignorance, I am a nube and trying to get my head around this technology. Considering  purchasing the smart controller or a crystal sky monitor for my new Mavic 2 pro.  Working with my cell phone just doesn't cut it with my old eyes. Tried a iPad mini but the glare made the screen almost unreadable when in sunlight. I understand both are Wi-Fi capable (connected when within a Wi-Fi signal),  but not cellular (always connected to a Wi-Fi signal) as my phone is . Question is, what features are I missing when I am not connected to a Wi-Fi signal. And / or does it make a difference? Lots of information on the internet although I thought I would go to a trusted source. Info and advice would be greatly appreciated.
2019-1-27
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

weejock Posted at 1-27 18:13
hi guys,,, cpl weeks ago i upgraded to the M2 pro with the bundled smart controller,,,, am a little underwhelmed,,, its very buggy,very hit and miss connecting to home wifi network more miss than hit,,and as its android based the latest current update is slow as i dont have the waypoint2 in the built in go4 app,, i would of thought as they are pushing a premium product they would of updated the IOS and android at the same time,,
if they get it working properly it will be amazing but right now i feel ive splashed out on a very expensive plastic brick,,,

you must have a lousy wifi, my unit works perfectly.  not a single issue as of today.
2019-1-28
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126844 ft
United States

Any in the USA received theirs yet?  Got mine today, but it won't activate.  Just gets a server 500 error.  I've tried two different internet connections, but same result.
2019-1-28
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7707018 ft
  • >>>
United States

mberry72 Posted at 1-28 11:37
Any in the USA received theirs yet?  Got mine today, but it won't activate.  Just gets a server 500 error.  I've tried two different internet connections, but same result.

I got mine today.  I was able to activate but I can't upgrade the firmware to my Mavic 2 Pro using the Smart Controller.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_mrzCn6qbyD35
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

mcomperini Posted at 1-8 11:26
Hi,
I am thinking to buy this "Smart Controller" for my Mavic 2 Pro.

Hi,

Yes it fits. You have to remove two side panels in the space for the remote.
2019-1-28
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 09:44
As someone who owns one it is placed perfectly, unless you have hands the size of shovels you will not accidentally cover the screen, and one of the most ingenious parts of this design is to get to any button or any on screen toggle you don’t have to take any hand off the controller, it fits perfectly in your hands, weight distribution is perfect the placement of the antennas is just perfect for how you hold it and how antennas line up so naturally with aircraft, design of this accessory has clearly been thought out and carefully planned and if you buy one you will see exactly what I’m saying. With P4Pro Controller you have to continually remove one hand to access any on screen elements and merely doing just that you continually block the screen, the P4Pro RC is probably 3 times the size of this RC, in the scheme of things it was more expensive has much less features will never be as portable as this RC.
The build of SRC is exceptional but you won’t understand that until you own and use one.

I think I'll definitely own any, because it simply does not convince me with a small screen of the size of a small smartphone.
When I fly I usually keep my hands on the sticks not on the screen and yes...perhaps I have hands the size of shovels...
De gustibus...

Anyway, wish them good luck with the sales, history will prove who was right...
2019-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

15matjan Posted at 1-28 14:14
I think I'll definitely own any, because it simply does not convince me with a small screen of the size of a small smartphone.
When I fly I usually keep my hands on the sticks not on the screen and yes...perhaps I have hands the size of shovels...
De gustibus...

Ok so I presume you never change camera settings after you have launched, I can view this small screen much clearer than I can an iPad mini, and you compared it to the screen and set up of a P4Pro with built in screen , and this is why I answered your post there was no mention of lager screens.
2019-1-28
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-28 14:26
Ok so I presume you never change camera settings after you have launched, I can view this small screen much clearer than I can an iPad mini, and you compared it to the screen and set up of a P4Pro with built in screen , and this is why I answered your post there was no mention of lager screens.

isn't it harder to change the settings on a 5.5" screen?  everything is so small so it must be harder?
2019-1-28
Use props
sLesage
New
Belgium

Darn ... I just bought my Magic 2 Pro .... wish I had waited one more week and got this combo instead :-(
2019-1-29
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Hmmm... not sure why it runs Android and not IOS. I mean, if Samsung TVs are going to run iTunes, looks like Apple is willing to finally open their ecosystem to others.... especially cause Apple owns like 10% of DJI.
And a price is already more IOSish than Androidish so to say.
2019-1-29
Use props
weejock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18369 ft
Isle of Man

and finially the update is here V01.00.0350 which includes GO4 app V4.3.12 with waypoints 2.0,
currently installing so lets see if they fixed the other niggly issues
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bobsma Posted at 1-28 23:47
isn't it harder to change the settings on a 5.5" screen?  everything is so small so it must be harder?

Well I suppose that depends on how dexterous you are, I do know this trying to balance a tablet with small RC fly and change settings is a lot more difficult with regular RC than the new SRC .
2019-1-29
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 09:44
As someone who owns one it is placed perfectly, unless you have hands the size of shovels you will not accidentally cover the screen, and one of the most ingenious parts of this design is to get to any button or any on screen toggle you don’t have to take any hand off the controller, it fits perfectly in your hands, weight distribution is perfect the placement of the antennas is just perfect for how you hold it and how antennas line up so naturally with aircraft, design of this accessory has clearly been thought out and carefully planned and if you buy one you will see exactly what I’m saying. With P4Pro Controller you have to continually remove one hand to access any on screen elements and merely doing just that you continually block the screen, the P4Pro RC is probably 3 times the size of this RC, in the scheme of things it was more expensive has much less features will never be as portable as this RC.
The build of SRC is exceptional but you won’t understand that until you own and use one.

I completely agree with you. I waited to see how long the DJI Go 4 app was updated for the Smart-Controller in comparison with the Android general version. It was pretty much the same day for me. I have 3 CrystalSkys so am disappointed with the delay in updates for them.

I have the Pro and Zoom with the DJI hard case that does support the Smart-Controller (After some help from Susan) Is I find these controls of fantastic quality and layout. It's great functionality and ease of use make it a superb product in my mind. I have ordered a lanyard that screws into the bottom of the controller. Hopefully that will help carry the thing around.

So I have just ordered my Second one so I can have identical services with my Pro and Zoom.

Love the lack of cables and suspect that being integrated will solve a lot of hardware version related issues with Tablet and Phone, iOS and Android versions. Did I mention the lack of cables and connectors that often cause problems.

For me Worth every Penny.

And when DJI add support for the DJI Goggles RE flight packs. (Susan advised it will be coming) I have 6 sets of flight packs for my FPV fixed wings, It will be xmas all over again.

I can fly to the boundaries of what is legal here to fly (Observer required for FPV) (Need to test Dual control with Smart-Controller and standard RC unit) with no concern about lack of HD Video signal or control.

Cheers Brian

2019-1-31
Use props
Eick willson
New

Sri Lanka

I love it.
2019-2-1
Use props
Boggus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2185075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wondering when this will work with the Enterprise units?
2019-2-1
Use props
santosh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30538 ft
Germany

update  V01.00.0360
2019-2-1
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heard the "yeahs" and heard some "nays"... But I can't enter my vote until I get mine in my hands (supplier hasn't gotten theirs stateside yet)!

I SOOO want it to arrive on my doorstep! It sounds like those who actually have the controller IN HAND are having a ball with it. Sure there are a few I've read who don't like it, but judging from my trolling the forums about it, I think the majority swings towards two thumbs up! I myself am very excited about this piece of equipment, and though I have a great Ipad Pro to use at present, many here said it correctly... using a tablet is just too top-heavy and the ergonomics are terrible.

The Smart Controller, it seems, is a leap in drone-controller human factors. No more top heaviness, and great ease of input entry to the screen (along with the 1000 nits of brightness). I will reserve my "well done DJI" though until I actually get my controller in hand and give it a shot. But for now, very excited, and mostly good buzz!

Thanks to all the early adopters who have tested and posted about it!
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_bVEjCzcP0iAs
lvl.2
United States

I received the combo two days ago and just got around to unboxing it yesterday.  Being this is my first DJI product, I was fairly excited, even for an old guy.  Last drone that I owed was 7 or 9  years ago, so I'm starting over.  As per directions, I charged the drone batteries and smart controller.  Went to activate the controller, no go, it will not connect to my wifi, " connection Failed".  Reading other forums, I see that I'm not the only one having this issue.  Frustrated!
2019-2-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_bVEjCzcP0iAs Posted at 2-2 02:29
I received the combo two days ago and just got around to unboxing it yesterday.  Being this is my first DJI product, I was fairly excited, even for an old guy.  Last drone that I owed was 7 or 9  years ago, so I'm starting over.  As per directions, I charged the drone batteries and smart controller.  Went to activate the controller, no go, it will not connect to my wifi, " connection Failed".  Reading other forums, I see that I'm not the only one having this issue.  Frustrated!

If you installed an SD card remove it and try again.
2019-2-4
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just heard from the supplier I purchased from that there is a "industry wide delay with DJI" that is preventing any more shipments of the Smart Controller to the US until the end of February. Can anyone with DJI confirm that?

Thanks.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

New school spelling
2019-2-6
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

That's funny
2019-2-6
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

So if I purchase a Mavic 2, will I have the option to get the existing standard controller at no additional charge or the smart controller at an up charge. Or will I have to bite the bullet and pay full price for the smart controller and put the standard controller back in the box?
2019-2-6
Use props
Whirl
lvl.1

United States

Wow, That's so cool!
2019-2-10
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418527 ft
Denmark

When will Sky Talk be released?
2019-2-11
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

You guys really should have given the job to Apple and get them to integrate a ipad pro internals into your controller.

The App developed for IOS is brilliant, unfortunately the app for android is not.
2019-2-14
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was looking into the Smart Controlled for the M2P, but was concerned about battery life.. Normally when I go out flying I take enough batteries to make it a day, but at 2.5 hrs has anyone been concerned with it?
Regularly I may fly an 1-2 hours so in all honesty it should be fine. What I was really looking for is a comparison about how much usage they got out of it before having to recharge it, and if it lasted the 2.5 hours or longer.

How much brighter is this over an iPad Mini 4 on the max Brightness settings?
2019-2-21
Use props
jaocky chand
lvl.1

India

Nox Emulator on Windows (https://noxemulator.org/ )helpful to android develpers as they can try many things on PC which broughts android features by just intalling Nox emulator
2019-2-23
Use props
jaocky chand
lvl.1

India

lsdflsdf

https://noxemulator.org/
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules