Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
28758 238 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rogerio Queiroz
lvl.1
Brazil

With this release, DJI has finished bury the Phantom 4 Pro Plus. How can we accept that a Mavic 2 with this new control can work with third party applications and this is not possible in Phantom !!
2019-1-9
Use props
skil303
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124459 ft
United States

Stopped by the DJI booth at CES and they had a few of the new controllers.  I really liked the ergonomics of this controller.  It felt solid in the hands.  The antennas fold up underneath.  I ordered one, but who knows when it'll  arrive.
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_jtaVObzzRN2F
New

United Kingdom

Nice collection of videos !! I will try to make and upload such technology video on my you tube channel which helps students to get online assignment help in UK. i also try to make tutorial videos by taking help from this collection.

2019-1-10
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 23:43
Hi OscarD, just to verify, do you refer to the Mavic 2 protective case?  If yes, they are compatible, no worries.

Susan,

You may want to check this again. I have the DJI hard protective case and there is no way that the new controller will fit the hardcase as far as I can determine. I will confirm when my Smart Controller arrives. The storage compartment is not deep enough to accept the deeper controller.

Cheers Brian
2019-1-10
Use props
Nerius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6136076 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Hi,

I have few questions for admin:
1/ Is it possible install third party apps directly from Google Play (not side loading);
2/ Is it possible to use it for app development using dji Android SDK, instead of using Android phone;
3/ Can I use it simultaneously with Mavic 2 Pro and dji Googles?

Best regards
Nerius
2019-1-10
Use props
Nicolae
New
Germany

Welche Abmessungen hat die Smart-Fernbedienung ?  LxBxT mm. ??
2019-1-10
Use props
Aerial Survey & Productions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I've ordered mine right after I got a mail from DJI announcing the smart controller.
Status of my order says "shipped" !!  Realy looking forward to this new controller.
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_qE3t3pAqXbk9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Illuminations Posted at 1-8 10:10
What would be great would be a trade in program where we could send in our old controllers and get a $200 discount!

Got my new Mavic 2 for Xmas. Missed the new controller by less than a month. A trade in program would be awesome. The brand new old controller would make for an expensive doorstop.
2019-1-10
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 01:48
Hi Emma, we have not received any news that the CS will not receive any update. May I know what troubles do you encounter when using the CrystalSky? I'd like to help.

hello thx for anwser me ,

I just want to be update,  if after the new remote for the Mavic 2 that is the end of the C S ?

it's was only a question .

sorry for my English ...
2019-1-11
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

hello to all ,

it's possible to inplante the google App Store ?

thx
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 1-9 07:44
im a little bit confused about 2 things :

1. it looks as though the maximum the antennas can be angled is on the same plane as the screen, so if they are dipole antennas wont we be pointing the hole towards the aircraft where you really want the face of the antennas to face the aircraft, not the ends ????

Hi there, for the antennas' direction, you may refer to the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_EN_V1.0_0110.pdf
Also, the DJI Smart Controller supports Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom for now. For more models, please keep an eye on our website for future progress, thank you!
A.jpg.png
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 1-10 04:16
Susan,

You may want to check this again. I have the DJI hard protective case and there is no way that the new controller will fit the hardcase as far as I can determine. I will confirm when my Smart Controller arrives. The storage compartment is not deep enough to accept the deeper controller.

Hi Brian, I've double checked with the team, the answer is yes, please take out the small foam pad before placing the controller.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nerius Posted at 1-10 04:29
Hi,

I have few questions for admin:

Hi Nerius, for the third-party App, please refer to the FAQ here: https://www.dji.com/smart-controller/faq
Also, the smart controller does not support SDK and Googles for now, please keep an eye on our website for future update, thanks!
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nicolae Posted at 1-10 06:11
Welche Abmessungen hat die Smart-Fernbedienung ?  LxBxT mm. ??

Hi Nicolae, please kindly refer to the dimensions here:
dimensions.png
2019-1-11
Use props
JohnGault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3726421 ft
United States

Since this is not available currently in the US, is it possible to use another countries portal to make the purchase. I see them available in many different countries.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I ordered one status shipped picked up, anyone looking for a 5.5 Crystalsky going pretty cheap.
2019-1-11
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Luca Rubino Posted at 1-8 06:15
650 euro is just a little bit expensive.
It's cheaper to buy a Crystal sky monitor, and reuse it with other (future) drones.
And just 1000cdm. My iPhone is 625cdm, and I had compared to a 5.5" CS in the sun. The difference was really really slight. And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).

I agree with you Luca Rubino.

Very expensive remote, but it has the possibility for HDMI streaming while you are flying, right?
I'm assuming this is big for professional users. This is something only Inspire drones were capable of, right?

Otherwise I would prefer the portable and smaller remote.
2019-1-11
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Way too expensive as is the mavic 2 pro
2019-1-11
Use props
mangagamer
New

Pakistan

Been waiting my whole life for this <3
2019-1-11
Use props
claumtg
lvl.1
  • >>>
Mexico

HDMI out is a clean output ?
2019-1-11
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So as I understand it, this will currently NOT support the Mavic 2 Enterprise models ??

Can someone from DJI confirm when this will change as I have 3 enterprise models and find it bizarre I cannot use this on them given they are occusync 2
2019-1-11
Use props
JohnGault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3726421 ft
United States

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 1-11 13:07
So as I understand it, this will currently NOT support the Mavic 2 Enterprise models ??

Can someone from DJI confirm when this will change as I have 3 enterprise models and find it bizarre I cannot use this on them given they are occusync 2

This will support the Enterprise line.
2019-1-11
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool but expensive!
2019-1-11
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108071 ft
United States

Why does the controller output 4K at 60 frames when the Mavic 2 only does 30 frames...will there be a firmware that will make the Mavic 2 record at 60 frames? Is it because it will be compatible with the next Phantom?

Edited for grammar...
2019-1-11
Use props
BLACK PARROT
lvl.2
Mexico

When will it be available in stock again? I was waiting to buy it, but it has been out of stock since its publication.
2019-1-11
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108071 ft
United States

BLACK PARROT Posted at 1-11 16:46
When will it be available in stock again? I was waiting to buy it, but it has been out of stock since its publication.

I heard something about FCC filings...you can buy it in Canada, change your store location to another country and check availability, then buy it there.
2019-1-11
Use props
BLACK PARROT
lvl.2
Mexico

check4twenty Posted at 1-11 17:10
I heard something about FCC filings...you can buy it in Canada, change your store location to another country and check availability, then buy it there.

Ok thank you¡
2019-1-11
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Figures after I was forced to upgrade my phone for 900 dollars - I could have just bought the controller. Oh well -
2019-1-11
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Japan

Okay, it's very tempting product if you close your eyes to  the price, but my S9 Note screen brightness 1300 and  screen size >6inc with 2K resolution ,which is much higher. I can only buy just to enjoy compactness  and easy to set up IMO.
2019-1-11
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Japan

OscarD Posted at 1-8 20:00
Does anyone know if this controller will fit in the DJI Mavic 2 hard case?

It does not
2019-1-11
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

cristiano1976pt Posted at 1-9 02:29
And what this answer means? Should we all wait? Or what? We Users want to be informed and know what will happen. It think about costumers who order one now and in two weeks or something like that you say…. okay.. now it is in the Select Programm. What you think this users will be afraid? It is simple to solve. Do it or not.

The answer is simple, every new product will not participate in DJI Select.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 1-11 13:07

Hi there, the DJI Smart Controller is compatible with any DJI drone that uses OcuSync 2.0. For Mavic 2 Enterprise, it will also be compatible in the future, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/smart-controller?site=brandsite&from=nav
AA.png
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Corvus monedula Posted at 1-9 03:16
What are the dimensions of the Smart Controller?

Hi Corvus, sorry for the late response. Please kindly find the dimensions in 135#.
2019-1-12
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MichealMedia Posted at 1-12 23:08
The answer is simple, every new product will not participate in DJI Select.

That is not 100% right.  You get also at the moment Accessories fort DJI Osmo Pocket. And this is also a new Product.
2019-1-13
Use props
Nico77
lvl.2
Germany

I did order the Smart Controller on the day it was released and as with the Mavic 2 it has been stuck at " Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC" now. It's probably going to be stuck there for weeks like the Mavic 2.

Having complained: is there a verified case (as small as possible) for both the smart controller and the fly more combo? Because the measurements posted previously make me sure it doesnt fit in the fly more bag.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Every thing you buy from DJI has to pay a DJI tax. LOL
2019-1-13
Use props
Chevy3717
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1438566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will be buying this as soon as it come available in the U.S. I have read about every article and watched about 20 YouTube reviews on it. I'm in
2019-1-14
Use props
Re-G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49055 ft
  • >>>
Aruba

Will there be future plan for the mavic air?
2019-1-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mine has arrived and I love it. It is very comfortable in the hands.

It definitely does not fit in the hard case.

It appears to be a better quality screen that my 5.5 CrystalSky. But that's anecdotal not definitive.
2019-1-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-11 02:15
Hi Brian, I've double checked with the team, the answer is yes, please take out the small foam pad before placing the controller.

Hi Susan,

I think we are taking about different cases. It does not fit the DJI Hard Case. I haven't tried in the Fly More Soft Case. I don't use mine and they are in storage.

A couple of issues.

There is a prompt panel in Chinese on startup. Fortunately my daughter in law is Chinese and a mandarin Speaker. She told me the panel is to download local maps. Nice. The left is yes and the right button is do not ask again.

I cannot get the Smart Control to connect to either Mac Assistant 2.06 or Windows 2.06.

When you connect the unit to the Mac / PC it prompts with a question and gives you 3 choices. None of them allow a connection.

I have registered and updated the firmware.

Also thanks for your confirmation that it will work with the Goggles RE air unit. Is there a formal comment from DJI thats supports this, like the one you posted for future support of the Mavic 2 Enterprise?

Cheers Brian

2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules