Camera/gimbal issue with PP4 Pro V2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ra5040
lvl.2
Ireland

I have a problem with the camera jerking on a new Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0.  

If you look at the attached clip, at around 3 seconds for example, you will see what I mean.  The drone was on a solid flat surface with the motors off.

The clip was recorded as a MOV files at 4K, 60fps,       shutter 120th sec, aperture f4, ISO 100, manual, H.264, NTSC,       D-Cinelike.  The drone was in normal mode.  Settings for the joysticks and gimbal are for very smooth (but I didn't touch the drone or joysticks for this recording).

The same issue occurs in flight and with different drone, gimbal and camera settings.

Has anyone seen this sort of problem (and if so, is there a solution?). The jerking makes video pretty well unusable.

I've reported this to DJI but not heard back yet.

Robert
2019-1-8
Use props
ra5040
lvl.2
Ireland

Sorry, the video doesn't seem to be showing.   Here is a link to a cut-down version:

Video Clip
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if this video clip was from the SD card directly? Can you please try to calibrate your gimbal so we can check. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.
2019-1-8
Use props
ra5040
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi Natalia,
Thanks for getting back to me. The gimbal was calibrated before taking the clip I posted, but I have recalibrated and I am getting the same problem, as you can see here:

http://www.irelandupclose.com/customer/PP4Pro/DJI_0026.mp4_Small.mp4
I have checked the video from the SD card, copied to my PC and on the controller cache and they all show the same jerking.

Robert

2019-1-8
Use props
fansc0b3081b
lvl.2
Ireland

ra5040 Posted at 1-8 12:49
Hi Natalia,
Thanks for getting back to me. The gimbal was calibrated before taking the clip I posted, but I have recalibrated and I am getting the same problem, as you can see here:

Sorry for the late reply. It seems that the gimbal was faulty. DJI have replaced the drone (excellent service BTW).
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules