Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So there's a focus motor for the Ronin-S?
1523 7 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

And I saw in one of the photos on B&H that a Sony A7 camera was used as an example. We use a A7sII with the device, because we had heard that the focus wheel would eventually become compatible with it out of the box. Is this still the case? Or are we going to have to spend another $200 to get this attachment too? The lenses we have are automatic, so knowing that there is an update in the works for the A7sII would be great to know before we waste $200.

Anyone heard anything?
2019-1-8
Use props
M.Rieder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12149 ft
Denmark

I will bet you that we have to get the motor. It's been so long now, that I don't think the focus wheel will work with Sony camera/lenses. DJI have been very, very quiet about this. So yes, I guess we have to spend even more money to get the functionality we need.
2019-1-9
Use props
ddrummer1193
lvl.2
United States

Plus if you read the forum, the thing is noisy, leaky, and extremely clunky.

Luckily someone on my team picked up the Tilta Nano and it is WORLD's more advanced.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi griffdude13, the Focus Wheel on Sony cameras can only be used to control the zoom, if you would like to control the focus, it is recommended to purchase the Focus Motor, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-10
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

TBH, i would go with with a third party Focus Motor till DJI fixes the issue with the Leaking on it. I have to say it works flawless even tho i never got to use it past the calibration but it worked sharp.  
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-10 09:48
TBH, i would go with with a third party Focus Motor till DJI fixes the issue with the Leaking on it. I have to say it works flawless even tho i never got to use it past the calibration but it worked sharp.

Hi HRPOWWAA, may I verify if you have already sent in the Focus Motor? Our engineers have double evaluated and confirmed this phenomenon will not affect the Ronin-S Focus Motor's function, and the oil is nonhazardous. Please wipe it off with alcohol or a paper towel. The R&D department will improve the tightness of the Focus Motor gear's joint to fix this issue in the future.
2019-1-11
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 02:26
Hi HRPOWWAA, may I verify if you have already sent in the Focus Motor? Our engineers have double evaluated and confirmed this phenomenon will not affect the Ronin-S Focus Motor's function, and the oil is nonhazardous. Please wipe it off with alcohol or a paper towel. The R&D department will improve the tightness of the Focus Motor gear's joint to fix this issue in the future.

I sent it out this morning with UPS.  Do whatever you need to get it to stop leaking.  I don’t wanna have to wipe it every time I turn it on.  I calibrated the motor and I watched it leak out. I could only imagine if I used it for a video shoot.  Guess I’ll hVe to wait for it to come in
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-11 10:58
I sent it out this morning with UPS.  Do whatever you need to get it to stop leaking.  I don’t wanna have to wipe it every time I turn it on.  I calibrated the motor and I watched it leak out. I could only imagine if I used it for a video shoot.  Guess I’ll hVe to wait for it to come in

Our repair center will get it addressed and the engineers will improve the tightness of the Focus Motor gear's joint to fix this issue in the future.
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules