DJI Crashed my Mavic Air?!?!
9021 23 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RyukD12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28547 ft
United States

Hi there drone enthusiast, I would like to share with you the case I have with the DJI which refused to honor their warranty after the DJI system takes control over my drone and crash it in the water.

The drone was lunch in a park it's is an authorization zone (they expend a whole month arguing that it was in an NFZ witch I prove I was not) it has weak GPS signal the drone flew to the lake to take some shot of the fountain it recorded Home Point in the lake and immediate star a forced RTH it star showing error messages in the scream, the drone goes up and then start descending in a 45 degree till it reaches the water ignoring the remote commands. the control was connected I was just 30 feet away from where it crashed.

now the argued that if you fly in an Authorization zone with outperforming a self-unlock it will kick you out of the air no matter where you are a witch is a lie as a proof in a simple test in the second video.

I would like to know your opinion thank you.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RyukD12, we are sincerely sorry for your loss, I see Diana has explained the reason in your previous thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-176463-1-1.html. It was pilot error because you took off without enough GPS signal, the drone didn't realize it was in the Authorization Area until GPS signal got back.
The drone cannot be taken off in Authorization area without applying the unlocking, from your second video, it seems you were testing indoor without enough GPS, did you attach the propellers and take off the drone? The data analysis has been settled, hope for your understanding.
2019-1-8
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Flying without good GPS lock... you take a chance!
2019-1-9
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 1-9 05:35
Flying without good GPS lock... you take a chance!

the drone recovered full GPS signal when it forced landing and crash lack of GPS signal was not the problem
2019-1-10
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 23:43
Hi RyukD12, we are sincerely sorry for your loss, I see Diana has explained the reason in your previous thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-176463-1-1.html. It was pilot error because you took off without enough GPS signal, the drone didn't realize it was in the Authorization Area until GPS signal got back.
The drone cannot be taken off in Authorization area without applying the unlocking, from your second video, it seems you were testing indoor without enough GPS, did you attach the propellers and take off the drone? The data analysis has been settled, hope for your understanding.

The drone did take off in the video you can hear when the remote says "Take off" as a proof you can perfectly fly with outperformance an unlock either way it will never take control an make a forced landing.

Why you are now recognizing it is an authorization zone and the flight records indicate the drone thought it was in an NFZ?  witch, it's error software because it wasn't.

The customer service team don't recognize it was software error for removing control form pilot and performance a forced landing in an area that it's not an NFZ.

I have proved several times how the customer services denied a case without actually analyze the data and all the factor, so the company doesn't have to be responsible for their mistakes I will not stop demanding a replacement if you can't prove it was actually a pilot error.

I'm currently waiting for the department of consumer protection to investigate this issue. if not I will elevate this to the court.

2019-1-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RyukD12 Posted at 1-10 08:22
The drone did take off in the video you can hear when the remote says "Take off" as a proof you can perfectly fly with outperformance an unlock either way it will never take control an make a forced landing.

Why you are now recognizing it is an authorization zone and the flight records indicate the drone thought it was in an NFZ?  witch, it's error software because it wasn't.

Hi Ryuk,

Would be nice to see your flightlog, curious to see what an autolanding has to do with flying in a NFZ?

cheers
JJB
2019-1-10
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

JJBspark Posted at 1-10 12:19
Hi Ryuk,

Would be nice to see your flightlog, curious to see what an autolanding has to do with flying in a NFZ?

Here you go I have everything public so anyone can check this case it's crazy the dumb excuses DJI offer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/evo2ry ... 4-00-28%5D.csv?dl=0
2019-1-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

RyukD12 Posted at 1-10 12:22
Here you go I have everything public so anyone can check this case it's crazy the dumb excuses DJI offer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/evo2ry7e4953ik4/ExportCSV_2018-12-17_%5B14-00-28%5D.csv?dl=0

hi

can you use this link ?  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

and post the link on here after the upload?

cheers
JJB
2019-1-10
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

JJBspark Posted at 1-10 12:25
hi

can you use this link ?  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I'm sorry for some reason this kept happening I tried a couple of times

2019-1-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

RyukD12 Posted at 1-10 12:40
I'm sorry for some reason this kept happening I tried a couple of times

[view_image]

oke, bad luck.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RyukD12 Posted at 1-10 08:22

Sorry to know you are unable to accept this result, our concern has been escalated to the higher level team for further review, we will have someone to contact you and follow up, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

Omg second video is so fake! Take-off in home with 14 GPS, is so obious you're using your hands to pretend to fly
2019-1-11
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

TwentyThrill Posted at 1-11 02:33
Omg second video is so fake! Take-off in home with 14 GPS, is so obious you're using your hands to pretend to fly

Oh I see someone forgot humans only have to hands lol check carefully. Let's see if you understand what i mean you should read this:

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Hum ... id=pla-448886792147
2019-1-11
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Without seeing the logs. From what I see it was pilot error and seems to match exactly to what DJI Mindy explained. But the actual flightlogs may show a different story but I can't see those to tell. Sometimes bad things happen and sometimes we just need to admit that we made a mistake and learn from it.
2019-1-11
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

HedsIc Posted at 1-11 07:44
Without seeing the logs. From what I see it was pilot error and seems to match exactly to what DJI Mindy explained. But the actual flightlogs may show a different story but I can't see those to tell. Sometimes bad things happen and sometimes we just need to admit that we made a mistake and learn from it.

1.- I was flying in an authorization zone after performance a self unlock not in an NFZ
2.- The drone catch GPS signal and mystically thought it was in an NFZ witch is not
3.- the drone lock itself and flight ignored pilots commands
4.- the drone descends in a 45-degree angle to the lake (Normal RTH? I don't think so)
5.- DJI didn't really analyze the case. How do I know? they take a whole month to recognizer it was NOT an NFZ but instead an authorization one
6.- I prove you can fly in an authorization zone without performance any king on unlock procedure (maybe I just discovered a VERY dangerous glitch in the system)

Where it's the pilot's error if the drone flew by itself to death in an area where it shouldn't happen?

before a comment like this, you should read everything very carefully before the comment.

And BTW the Flight records are in the video description as I mention but you didn't take the time to read.

2019-1-11
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

RyukD12 Posted at 1-11 05:52
Oh I see someone forgot humans only have to hands lol check carefully. Let's see if you understand what i mean you should read this:

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Human-Anatomy-Essential-Artists/dp/1580934382/ref=asc_df_1580934382/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312050264297&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2919274648225386601&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011800&hvtargid=pla-448886792147&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61316180559&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312050264297&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2919274648225386601&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011800&hvtargid=pla-448886792147

I don't care if was your hands or the hands of your friend, still obvious it's fake.
And maybe it's too late, but you should really read this by the way: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.2.pdf

1- You departed in ATTI mode with no GPS at all (very risky)
2- You didn't recorded home point because of lack of GPS (super risky)
3- You started to fly over a lake in an autorization zone without autorization (WTF really dude?)
4- MA recorded the home point when GPS was enough (over the lake, as you brough it there)
5- Your MA figured out with the GPS that was in an autorization zone without autorization so correctly started to go to the home point and land.

Now, if you keep saying that was not an autorization zone, then why you don't put the flight log so people can check? You just put an excel file that don't say anything about your coordinates.
Anyway don't waste your time, even though you publish your flight log and confirm that was not an autorization zone, you stil departed in ATTI and recorded home point in the lake, so totally pilot error, as everybody is sayng to you, please accept that and stop blaming DJI.

Read the manual if you wanna buy antother Mavic Air.
Cheers
2019-1-11
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

TwentyThrill Posted at 1-11 14:09
I don't care if was your hands or the hands of your friend, still obvious it's fake.
And maybe it's too late, but you should really read this by the way: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180212/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf

Oh I believe I rich someone’s feelings if you are so sure it’s fake go prove me wrong I don’t care why so one like you would come here an acuse me like that without any prove.

BTW you get it al wrong I’ll recommend you read before comment or you will look stupid like you just did!
2019-1-12
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Canada

RyukD12 Posted at 1-12 06:06
Oh I believe I rich someone’s feelings if you are so sure it’s fake go prove me wrong I don’t care why so one like you would come here an acuse me like that without any prove.

BTW you get it al wrong I’ll recommend you read before comment or you will look stupid like you just did!

Why is he wrong? Post the log, you've been given the instructions.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RyukD12 Posted at 1-12 06:06
Oh I believe I rich someone’s feelings if you are so sure it’s fake go prove me wrong I don’t care why so one like you would come here an acuse me like that without any prove.

Your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you through phone or email within 48 working hours. We Appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you.
2019-1-12
Use props
Arthur.N
lvl.2

Israel

Hello,

I don't want to be advocacy of RyukD12 neither DJI, but as a programmer I always deal with edge cases.
As a MA owner I'm very interesting whether DJI could investigate the follwong situation:

1. MA start in authorization zone * with strong GPS signal *.
2. MA recorded a home point.
3. The pilot sent MA to some distance from HP where GPS signal became weak and then disappeared (e.g. due to some natural anomaly or so) for few seconds and then again became strong.

My question is whether MA will start looking for a new home point at the place where it is now flying or it will use the recorded one in case of RTH?

I cannot simulate this situation in rather safe for my MA place, so I'd like the DJI developers/engineers will explain what will happens.

Of course, I expect that MA will remember the HP recorded only once per flight.
If it is not so when we can expect firmware and DJI GO4 update?

Thanks.
2019-8-3
Use props
TinoC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1045404 ft
Portugal

Hi. I had a similar issue. Lukily I did not lost it. I have the Mavic Air.

On a foggy morning I wanted to break through the fog and capture the sunrise. I waited a few moments for RTH to update. After confirmation that RTH was set I started flying. I ascend 6 meters and flew 21meters in front. 12 satelites. I stayed there for a few seconds and started slowly going up to break through the fog. I went up 120 meters (max. altitude) but no sunrise visible. Still dense fog. 14 satelites, distance 22 meters. I hit the RTH buttom and command was accepted. But nothing happend. Just stayed there hoovering. Suddenly I heard a voice saying "Landing". I've paniced and tried to get it home asap trying first to decend so I could see it. I pushed the down stick but it was coming down much to slow. After some very long minutes I could retrive it and land.
BUT. Why did RTH not work??
Flightrecord: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4A3B14BX0MW10TVNLJKF

2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Arthur.N Posted at 8-3 22:23
Hello,

I don't want to be advocacy of RyukD12 neither DJI, but as a programmer I always deal with edge cases.

You describe a P-GPS gets to Atti to P-GPS scenario.
The bird is setting ONE HP per flight, it seems.
So it will use the recorded one
2019-8-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

TinoC Posted at 8-7 02:21
Hi. I had a similar issue. Lukily I did not lost it. I have the Mavic Air.

On a foggy morning I wanted to break through the fog and capture the sunrise. I waited a few moments for RTH to update. After confirmation that RTH was set I started flying. I ascend 6 meters and flew 21meters in front. 12 satelites. I stayed there for a few seconds and started slowly going up to break through the fog. I went up 120 meters (max. altitude) but no sunrise visible. Still dense fog. 14 satelites, distance 22 meters. I hit the RTH buttom and command was accepted. But nothing happend. Just stayed there hoovering. Suddenly I heard a voice saying "Landing". I've paniced and tried to get it home asap trying first to decend so I could see it. I pushed the down stick but it was coming down much to slow. After some very long minutes I could retrive it and land.

You stayed in the fog, the sensors "saw" the fog as :"just over the ground, already"
That is described in a lot of topics, flying in clouds, having problems to get the bird down as quick as wanted or needed (b/c of battery)

You can see that in your log:
VPS switched at 146 ft (IMU) from N/A to 0.x to x.x ft
And on your RTH/landing to constantly under 1 ft!
5:20: "Downward altitude sensor data error. Please contact DJI Support for help."
From 1:24 to 8:16 you have been in the cloud, I'd say.
And you were lucky, that the battery was not at the end, when you had just the landing speed down!
Next time try sport mode and FLY it down, but around, not just down.
It is reported that the VPS is not blocking the descend then.
2019-8-11
Use props
TinoC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1045404 ft
Portugal

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
2019-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules