Yaw-lock for the Osmo Pocket?
5087 19 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392359 ft
Netherlands

I think the 01.02.00.20 firmware has quite some improvements. However,I'm missing the yaw-lock. The option to eliminate any movement within the range of the gimbal.
This can't be too difficult, right? Just keeping steady in the same direction, with pitch, roll and yaw all locked. Something any other gimbal I owned did.

If you want this too, please reply!

Marcel
2019-1-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Use the controller wheel accessory, hold down the right hand button - apparently, haven't got my wheel yet.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Actually, Osmo Pocket has Tilt Lock and Follow features. Which The pitch and roll axis will be locked when in Tilt Lock. While in Follow mode, the pitch axis and yaw axis will follow, while the roll axis will be locked.
2019-1-8
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your kind reply.
Instead of follow functions, I mean ALL directions locked, so that you can shoot in exactly one direction, with pan, tilt and roll all locked.

I hope this will be become possible with future firmware updates.
2019-1-8
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

2019-1-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Wurf Posted at 1-8 15:29
Hi Natalia,

Isn't that what FPV mode does?
2019-1-21
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Yes, it's exactly what FPV mode does....the poster will figure that out shortly.
2019-1-21
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

No, this is not what FPV does...
FPV follows slowly in all directions.
What I want is  LOCK in all directions.
Just read  my OP again and try to understand...
2019-1-21
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

So far FPV mode has not been stable for me, and it's kinda useless.  When I slowly move the op horizontally in FPV mode the image goes all over the place. I though the purpose of the gimbal was to keep the footage very smooth and stable? So far I get the best most stable video using the tilt mode. Yes there's a bit of a bounce when you walk, but overall the horizontal is ok. Maybe my unit is defective, I have calibrated my gimble multiple times with no acceptable results. I'm very frustrated because a lot of my footage is trash. The gimble on DJI drones are great, I wish they would have put in the same quality on the OP.
2019-1-21
Use props
Mickey_xx
lvl.1
Germany

Wurf Posted at 1-21 14:45
No, this is not what FPV does...
FPV follows slowly in all directions.
What I want is  LOCK in all directions.

Also need a 'full locked' mode (tilt AND pan AND rotation locked). Other larger gimbals I used have that mode. It's necessary when you use a monopod or stick etc to create crane like shots.

As you wrote the FPV is the opposite.

Does anyone know if the Osmo Mobile for example has that mode?
2019-2-9
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mickey_xx Posted at 2-9 11:23
Also need a 'full locked' mode (tilt AND pan AND rotation locked). Other larger gimbals I used have that mode. It's necessary when you use a monopod or stick etc to create crane like shots.

As you wrote the FPV is the opposite.

Glad to hear someone who understands what I asked for ;-)

The Osmo Moblie 2 does exactly what you want. You could almost walk around your phone while it stays fixed in all directions.

Therefore I think this can be easily be done with firmware in the OP
I hope more users will ask for this function. Like you said, especially for crane moves!
2019-2-9
Use props
Mickey_xx
lvl.1
Germany

Wurf Posted at 2-9 12:16
Glad to hear someone who understands what I asked for ;-)

The Osmo Moblie 2 does exactly what you want. You could almost walk around your phone while it stays fixed in all directions.

Just noticed that another user (Bergofprey) requested it today here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549

2019-2-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Remarkable how gimbal users have no idea how a gimbal works (comments above about FPV mode which is all axes UNLOCK).  Like someone above posted, holding down the rightmost wheel accessory button provides total lock - so presumably this could be added as a screen option, but then there's no way to adjust the panning lock (no onscreen slider).  So, at the moment, the wheel is the go.
2019-2-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

While we're on the subject of lock - follow mode should be called horizon lock I would have thought, in plain english, to match the name tilt lock.  FPV mode should be called unlocked mode.
2019-2-10
Use props
fansadc5ac06
lvl.1
Germany

I want to add a thumbs up, for this feature request.
As I recently used the Osmo Pocket, I recognized that the 'all axis lock' mode is not available.
I use it at my DJI Ronin S quite often and miss it for the pocket.

So it would be great, if DJI could enable this feature for the Osmo Pocket too.

Many thanks in advance,
yours Ruediger Kern.

P.S.: By the way, I've to admit that DJI for now really listened well for it's customers. - Many thanks.
2019-6-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As mentioned earlier, it's not that the function is not available, the problem is that it's only accessible with the controller wheel, and not everyone has one, or necessarily wants to use it in whatever the situation is.
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

While I have the controller wheel, and can confirm the right button locks the gimbals in all directions when held, it infuriates me when I let go it won’t re-center like most other gimbals do, you have to manually “look straight ahead then release or use the wheel to get it back.

2019-6-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It would infuriate me if it suddenly changed direction by recentering when letting go of the lock button.  I really wouldn't want the shot ruined by that.  As it is, it's ideal for recentering manually in mid shot, or locking the gimbal briefly during (say) a walking shot over uneven ground when you think you might not be able to hold the shot steady as you clamber over something.  

Also, when running a long shot, you can change your hand angle for comfort without significantly affecting the shot - hold down the lock button, get comfortable, release button, and shot is undisturbed.  

I would consider it to be a very retrograde step if they forced recentering after releasing the lock.  I'm surprised if other devices work that way - seems completely counter-productive to me.
2019-6-27
Use props
van gogh
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi, in tilt locked mode, I notice that after moving (in here is walking and taking turn) OP failed to re center/ keep it center, it tend to wandered or slightly look right or left. Tried change the focus from AFC to AFS, still same. It won't back to center point. The gimbal try to follow but always tend to off center.
Anyone can help?
2020-10-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wurf Posted at 2019-1-8 15:29
Hi Natalia,

You have this feature using Controller Wheel. Press and hold the right button of the Controller Wheel. Same thing with the dji extension rod.
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules